NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

Has anybody who already has theirs been able to confirm if the update is live yet?

The update is live, mine has just completed and I have obtained my NNID.

Nope i have given up hope to be honest.

Lesson for everyone NEVER pre pay for pre orders

they screw things up, not help :S

Edited by yesteryeargames

As posted above, have you TELEPHONED THEM to ask about what's going on?

Spend some of that energy you're wasting ranting trying to solve your predicament, Jesus.

More than anything I just want this to work out for you now. We jest, but we really do want you to just get your dang console delivery sorted out.

[edit]

Just saw you called 'em on the last page. Part of the above post no longer applies. Figured you might have got that reply - they won't do anything until tomorrow. Sucks. Still, they blocked you on Twitter? What the hell did you say to make them do that?

[edit 2]

You should also check the order on the Shopto website. They don't always send out dispatch emails and just update the actual account page. Worth a look.

Edited by Guy

Mine is now waiting for me at home, well and trully hyped now, the next 1 1/2 hours are going to go so slow!

I don't know what time is the cutoff for TMT or DPD, but some of these courier services deliver as late as 20:00.

Don't give up hope yet!

P.S The wait to get home is unbearable! Best part is that by the time I do get home, I'll probably be too knackered to want to play the damn thing!

Mom text earlier to say my Wii U had arrived this afternoon about 3pm. Yay! Something to look forward to when i get back tomorrow! Shame i wasn't there today, but ah well.

Coming back to the topic at hand;

Does anyone know who/where's offering the best deals on the Wii U at the moment?

Coming back to the topic at hand;

Does anyone know who/where's offering the best deals on the Wii U at the moment?

Zavvi are doing the basic with a game for £249:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/wii-u/consoles.list?affil=awin&awc=2549_1354572002_6de66325975260dc1b3067088d437826&utm_source=AWin-47868&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

Have a look see if Sainbury's have any in stock and see if there is a £30 off for first time customers code on Hot UK Deals.

Premium's got what over basic, 32GB internal memory instead of 8? Plus being black; does it come with anything extra compared? Is it just the ZombiU pack that includes a pro controller?

Premium's got what over basic, 32GB internal memory instead of 8? Plus being black; does it come with anything extra compared? Is it just the ZombiU pack that includes a pro controller?
Comes with a sensor bar and charger stand I believe, that's all.

The 32GB over 8GB is pretty irrelevant, as both will require an external HD really. So it comes down to Black or White Console, and a couple of accessories. But if you're getting a free game, then I guess that makes up for missing out on those?

Ah...interesting. I'd kinda like the 32GB to start with, but yeah I'll eventually be hooking up an external so hmm. I take it sensor bar is same as original wii, right? I might opt for the basic when I get one, though most places seem out of stock except shopto who seem a bit above the rest pricewise. Will have to keep an eye on things I guess, might not grab one til next month.

Comes with a sensor bar and charger stand I believe, that's all.

The 32GB over 8GB is pretty irrelevant, as both will require an external HD really. So it comes down to Black or White Console, and a couple of accessories. But if you're getting a free game, then I guess that makes up for missing out on those?

Well that just depends on how much you intend to download.

I'm (for example) not a big downloader. I'll prolly end up getting some eShop titles but they aren't gonna take up much space. I'm likely never gonna d/l a retail game as I prefer to have discs. So I image it'll be a long time before I fill up my 32gb.

Next month is looking likely for me too. Maybe a little later depending on funds. Hopefully there'll be some interesting deals in the new year.

Remember that if you are going to some downloading off the old eShop, the Deluxe Wii U has the free Nintendo Network Discount scheme going for it.

Remember that if you are going to some downloading off the old eShop, the Deluxe Wii U has the free Nintendo Network Discount scheme going for it.

Oh? This is the fiirst I've heard of such a thing! I envisage a lot of eShop usage for me, I'm hoping the Wii's really going to embrace lots of small indie type stuff.

8GB will fill up fast, most of it is already used by the OS, plus there'll be game patches to download.

Oh? This is the fiirst I've heard of such a thing! I envisage a lot of eShop usage for me, I'm hoping the Wii's really going to embrace lots of small indie type stuff.

CI_WiiU_NNP_headline_black_image600w.png

"Nintendo Network Premium is a special reward programme available exclusively to Wii U Premium Pack owners with a registered Nintendo Network ID who have their country of residence set to a location where full Nintendo eShop is available.

With every purchase of software or add-on content, or download code redemption for downloadable software or add-on content in Nintendo eShop on your Wii U , you can earn points at a rate of 8 points for each pound or Euro of the Nintendo eShop price of the respective download.

A minimum of 500 points is required for redemption. Once you have collected 500 points, please sign in to the Nintendo Network Premium website (coming soon) with your Nintendo Network ID and password to retrieve your activation code.

An activation code can be used to add funds equivalent to £5.00/€5.00 to a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U console or to a Nintendo eShop account on a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system.

(The period for earning points will end on 31st December 2014. The period for redeeming points will end on 31st March 2015. All activation codes not redeemed by 30th June 2015 will be void.)

Check back here soon for more information.

The Nintendo Network Premium site is scheduled to launch around the 8th of December – but don't worry, you'll still get your points later on for any digital purchases made on or after November 30th!"

EDIT: Ah looks like I made a mistake. Sorry @Lens of Truth, looks like you don't get points for making purchases on the 3DS eShop :(

Edited by -Dem0-

Hang on so, lets face it not many people are going to be doing Digital Downloads of Full Retail releases given the price hike.

This leaves just eShop game purchases?

Say on average they are £10 each. You'll get 80 points for a download. This means you'll have to download 7 eShop games (£70) before you see any reward? and even then it's just £5? (not even 10%).

8% still isn't all that bad either though, especially considering it doesn't cost all that much and runs for what, 2 years? You honestly mightn't spend £65 on the eShop by then? I think it's a good rate tbh!

There's an O2 Priority App code going for Wii U's at Zavvi. O2 customers check it out. 10%, making the Premium £265.46. Not sure what stock levels are like or when delivery takes place.

8% still isn't all that bad either though, especially considering it doesn't cost all that much and runs for what, 2 years? You honestly mightn't spend £65 on the eShop by then? I think it's a good rate tbh!

Not to mention that DLC counts to this...