NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

I hear most HMV stores have now dropped ZombiU from the bundle, which is still very good if you can find one. I hear lots of stores are restocking too, so it's worth checking every now and again. I'll see if I can get down to the Oxford Street one tomorrow and check out the situation.

I hear most HMV stores have now dropped ZombiU from the bundle, which is still very good if you can find one. I hear lots of stores are restocking too, so it's worth checking every now and again. I'll see if I can get down to the Oxford Street one tomorrow and check out the situation.

Yeah it still beats the ASDA deal by a bit - especially as it doesn't force you to take SMBU.

Apparently a bunch of Wii U stuff has now been reduced at HMV. Sonic Racing is £15, Darksiders 2 is £10, Pro Controller £20, Assassins Creed 3 for £20.

Shopto are also selling Batman for £13, which seems like an amazing price.

Worth a look if you're after a bargain.

Apparently a bunch of Wii U stuff has now been reduced at HMV. Sonic Racing is £15, Darksiders 2 is £10, Pro Controller £20, Assassins Creed 3 for £20.

Shopto are also selling Batman for £13, which seems like an amazing price.

Worth a look if you're after a bargain.

Man, 10 for darkisders?! i paid 15 a week or two from zavvi! hope the bargains hold, i won't be back in the uk for a couple weeks but i'd love a pro controller for 20!

ShopTo have a deal for about £269 for the WiiU 32GB pack and Need for Speed.

I've decided to start putting money aside. When a good deal becomes available for around £230, I'm on that!

ShopTo have a deal for about £269 for the WiiU 32GB pack and Need for Speed.

I've decided to start putting money aside. When a good deal becomes available for around £230, I'm on that!

Why not just go to HMV, get the console for £200 with Zombie U and buy Need for Speed elsewhere.

Why not just go to HMV, get the console for £200 with Zombie U and buy Need for Speed elsewhere.

Because HMV don't have any consoles...

Because HMV don't have any consoles...

I saw this thread when I was just packing up for work at about 6 o'clock last night. I drove to Castlepoint where there is a HMV in the hope that they had this deal. Unfortunately, it's the HMV that is closing down, so no deal. No WiiUs even.

There's one in town. I will try there. If I see it, I'm having it! 200 quid for a WiiU and ZombiU? Yes. Fucking. Please.

I've just phoned HMV in Bournemouth and Poole. Bournemouth had 4 units and they've all sold out. Opening time was at 9 and I wasn't even up at that time, so was never going to make it. Gutted.

Am cry, N-E. Am cry.

I've rung up the HMV in Bournemouth and Southampton. Bournemouth only had the Wii U basic package and were selling it off for £179. Southampton also had the basic package, except it was priced at £249.

I tried getting the HMV bundle, but unless you're there on opening time, there was no chance of getting those ones. The ASDA nearby doesn't stock any WiiU consoles and the Sainsburys sells the console at the 300 quid price. No GAME in town, HMV doesn't have any, and the GAME on the outskirts only sells it at full price.

Basically, the pricing for the console is ridiculous. Should have been around 230 at the start with Nintendoland, and that's pushing it, in my opinion. I'm probably going to wait and see what happens at E3, then use that time to work through the Wii backlog. Xenoblade and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy to finish.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Basically, the pricing for the console is ridiculous. Should have been around 230 at the start with Nintendoland, and that's pushing it, in my opinion. I'm probably going to wait and see what happens at E3, then use that time to work through the Wii backlong. Xenoblade and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy to finish.

Thats a safe bet, i fully expect Nintendo are lining up a mahooooosive price drop to coincide with the anouncement of PS4 pricing and launch just like the did to the Vita with the 3DS, even if they only get half the jump in sales the 3DS got then the WiiU will be doing much much better

Thats a safe bet, i fully expect Nintendo are lining up a mahooooosive price drop to coincide with the anouncement of PS4 pricing and launch just like the did to the Vita with the 3DS, even if they only get half the jump in sales the 3DS got then the WiiU will be doing much much better

What sort of price drop do you think? £199.00

I’m not sure how much room they have on the price due to the gamepad without incurring losses.

The 3DS for me was different in the sense that the handheld is Nintendo’s bread and butter and irrespective of what the Vita was being priced at Nintendo were prepared to make a huge price cut on the 3DS simply as the hardware sales had to get moving. The Vita didn’t really have anything to do with it. That was a dramatic cut and very early in the life of the 3DS but was necessary as Nintendo couldn’t allow third parties to cancel 3DS games.

Iwata took a decision to incur losses on each unit sold and then later down the production line they would turn a profit again. I don’t think we will see something like that with the Wii U and not sure Iwata can tell investors that once again another console has to be sold at a loss.

if he wants to encourage sales and increase userbase then they need to do something, perhaps if they did away with the current bundles and offered a 32gb wiiu bundle with pro controller, wii mote and nintendo land for around £200 - 220 then i think they could kick start some sales.

if he wants to encourage sales and increase userbase then they need to do something, perhaps if they did away with the current bundles and offered a 32gb wiiu bundle with pro controller, wii mote and nintendo land for around £200 - 220 then i think they could kick start some sales.

I think your right and I think a deal like that will be more likely than a sub £200price. I think we could see something happen before the competition launches though. I think a lot will depend on what the Q1 financials are like, how many units remain unsold and what retailers are saying in regards to ordering more units.

I hate to say it, but maybe the memory (storage) makes the machine cost too much. How much do you need for game installations? Because as much as we like the eShop on here, there is a type of gamer that has no interest in downloading anything. Assuming you do actually need 8GB for system updates and game installations, perhaps the 8GB machine bundled with Nintendo Land would sell well.

perhaps the 8GB machine bundled with Nintendo Land would sell well.

I think that would sell well. I always thought that the "Basic Bundle" are for those consumers who are more casual gamers or new gamers, if that's the case then they should get a game that represents the Wii U and its many features in a positive light and I think NintendoLand is by far and away that game. I hope that they bring out a new Basic NintendoLand bundle along with some new commercials demonstrating the fun that could be had with this game. I think it will sell, more so in the UK as these type of local/family games have done well in the past (Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Zumba Fitness etc) and I think NintendoLand fits in with this.

I hate to say it, but maybe the memory (storage) makes the machine cost too much. How much do you need for game installations? Because as much as we like the eShop on here, there is a type of gamer that has no interest in downloading anything. Assuming you do actually need 8GB for system updates and game installations, perhaps the 8GB machine bundled with Nintendo Land would sell well.

Nintendoland not being bundled with the basic was crazy. I never understood why that was the case. As it stands nobody is buying the basic pack as it offers so little.

thanks for the tips. I just got the last pro controller from my local HMV for £19.99 outstanding!

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed £7.99 at all HMV stores.

NBA 2K13 £14.98 online at Zavvi

Wow. That's a steal. Pity all the HMV stores in Ireland are closed. I'll have to check if they post.

Edit: So their website is in as much bits as they are. Anybody fancy buying it and posting it to me please? I'll reimburse you the cost of the game and postage.

Edited by Wii

Ultimate bomba.

That's ridiculous!!!

cant see it. If so that would to me suggest the basic is on the way out as that's clearance prices.

Anybody fancy buying it and posting it to me please? I'll reimburse you the cost of the game and postage.

Blimey if that is true I'm buying one!

You can add an external memory drive to the basic model right? As 8gb is pointless... :woops: