NEurope
Retro_Link

VOTE: N-Europe's Top 25 Wii Games! (THANKYOU!)

[MENTION=185]OMFG THAT CLIP OF ELEDEES!

Got to have that now!

It's all from the intro cut-scene, because I couldn't find any nice quality gameplay footage. But yeah, you should get it. :)

And shame on you for not including Little King's Story!
It's in the Honourable mentions. :hehe:

The thing with Little King's Story that for me keeps it from being a top 10 Wii game, is the lack of IR pointer controls! Yeah the game is superb, but that was a shocking omission for a RTS game on Wii. :nono:

My top 10 complete with psuedo VC Weekly style verdicts. :D

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Verdict: Mario at his most spectacular.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Verdict: The single most immersive and impressive game on the Wii.

3. Metroid Prime Trilogy

Verdict: Exploration and excitement distilled to its purest form.

4. Super Smash Bros Brawl

Verdict: All that makes Nintendo great on one disc.

5. Kirby's Epic Yarn

Verdict: It's not the greatest Kirby game but it IS the Wii's greatest 2D platformer.

6. Metroid: Other M

Verdict: More 'classic' Metroid than Prime and definitely tragically misunderstood.

7. Little King's Story

Verdict: Possibly the greatest game I've never played yet I still own it.

8. Monster Hunter Tri

Verdict: Though I didn't venture far into it, the scope for epicness is undeniable.

9. Xenoblade Chronicles

Verdict: Good enough to keep me playing for fifty hours, it will drag me back someday.

10. Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Verdict: I have only recently purchased this but I am assured of its quality from its reputation alone.

01 Super Mario Galaxy 2

02 Super Mario Galaxy

03 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

04 Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

05 Wii Sports

06 Excite Truck

07 No More Heroes

08 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

09 Donkey Kong Country Returns

10 Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure

There are so many titles I could put in the top 10 that this is really a hard choice. The Wii is my favourite console (despite the mocking of many) because there's just so many little creative titles on it. I was pretty much burnt out on gaming at the end of the GameCube era and after purchasing one of the HD consoles little over a year ago, I can see why.

Plenty of great games are available on them but all along the same old template just with improved graphics. Anyway, wtf am I babbling on about. Let's list these games!

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2

The best game I've ever played and sadly over-looked by a lot of the gaming public and even old Nintendo fans. My friend pulled a face when I told him how good Galaxy was, it wasn't until I slammed it in his mouth and ordered him to embrace it that he truly understood the beauty of it.

2) Super Mario Galaxy

The original and possibly one of the most creative games I've ever played. My only gripe is the awful HUB world. Looking at New Super Mario Bros. after playing this makes me feel sick, so uninspired.

3) NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

I loved this game, and happened to stumble upon it by chance. I saw it going for £7 in GAME years ago and, having barely any Wii titles back then, picked it up knowing nothing about the game. I'm so happy I did as it introduced me to one of my favourite game worlds. The music, atmosphere and characters are all amazing.

4) EXCITE TRUCK!!!!!!111111

Another 'accident' much along the same lines as NiGHTS. My friend xbox Rob liked racing games so I begrudingly brought it (I'm not a big racing fan, only having really enjoyed DKR and the Mario Kart series) but it was incredible. The shifting landscapes, the great graphics, the huge jumps and that Canada track.

5) Wii Sports Resort

The best motion controlled game I've played, ever. This is what the Wii is all about and I can only wonder how much longer the Wii would have lasted in the lime-light had it have had Motion + from the start. My favourite part? The first time you play and your Mii jumps out of the plane, grabbing onto other falling Mii's and taking photo's before a synchronised landing on the (soon to be regular Mii spot) Wuhu Island.

6) Wii Music

In the words of Nicki Minaj, Ke$ha and any other whore-like celebrity, haters can go fuck themselves. Wii Music was misunderstood. I've had so much fun on this game, especially back in my old college days having jam sessions with friends. I can't help but think the same as Red Shell, E3 really did kill this game before it had even left Miyamoto's womb.

7) Just Dance

"Wtf is wrong with this guy?!" I hear you all scream. Yes, to say the Wii is my favourite console and then fill the top 10 with such low scoring titles as Excite Truck, Nights, Wii Music and Just Dance may be confusing but I realised a good few years ago that gaming critics are mostly full of shit and you should just play what you enjoy.

With that in mind, despite the dubious controls, the Just Dance series has provided so many drunken laughs at house parties. The only game that came close to this much non-gamer type fun is Donkey Konga on Gamecube.

8) Let's Tap

Some people could play this game for two minutes and toss it aside, thinking it's a pile of typical Wii party game turd. Those people are fools. The Tap Runner game is great but Rhythm Tap is where it's at. It controls pretty much like Donkey Konga but with the power of your TAP strength but where it really comes alive is the music.

All of it original work, all of it truly incredible. This is the first game that I actually bought the soundtrack too and it has, by far, the best ever theme tune.

9) Klonoa

I've always had a soft spot for Klonoa so when I heard the PS1 classic was getting a Wii remake I was in heaven. I know I said earlier on that I'd become sick of the 'same games with better graphics' but when the game in question has this much charm, well, who cares.

Though the ending is pretty damn weird.

10) Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Brawl is a great game and always so much fun in multiplayer. Sadly though, whenever I play it I can't help but think how much better Melee is. A great title in its own right but didn't live up to the hype. For the record, years ago on the top 50 Gamecube games, Melee was my number 1. Ouch.

I had every intention to include the great KIRBY'S EPIC YARN, SONIC COLOURS and DJ HERO in my top 10 but sadly they just slipped out :(

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:

Where do I start? I think this is the first generation MARIO KART didn't make the list, despite it being a really great game. Also of note is MY SIMS, a fantastic title that I got completely obsessed with until the loading times made me want to kill myself. SAMBA DE AMIGO, the first dancing game I played on Wii and still great fun even now - Sadly I just can't master the controls from Hard and up. Wii Fit for making me realise just how fat I was, I think I'm one of the few people that used it regularly to lose weight :p also, the marching is bitchin'

-Breathes-

KORORINPA (and the sequel with the marble name) - What Super Monkey Ball on Wii should have been. Extra points for fantastic controls (it feels like Motion +) and the Pug ball. M&S@TL2012OG - The great party game of this year, haven't stopped playing it despite the annoyance of my friends. WII PARTY, Mario sucks at throwing a party, the Mii's know how to do it, and with JLS.

FRAGILE DREAMS, because you're not a best friend until you have a gay kiss together. A SHADOWS TALE, because I love depressing 2D platforms, I felt like a Stranger in Moscow. WARIO WARE, because my Mii looks incredible as a flying angel.

Omissions!

Being N-Europe, I decided to take these games out of my top 10 despite them being two of my favourites:

EXCITE BOTS: Not quite as good as Excite Truck but what it lacks in crazy levels and jumps it makes up for with insane transformations, super sandwiches and SUPER RED BAR'S!!

Taiko No Tatsujin: Filling the huge Donkey Konga shaped gap in my life, this pricey purchase earlier in the year was well worth every penny.

WiiWare:

MUSCLE MARCH, hilariously fun game even if it is a bit simple. The BIT TRIP series, specifically BIT. TRIP RUNNER. Let's Catch, it's just a game about throwing and catching a ball, but the deep conversations you have with the other players are so touching that it's almost like reading a great book.

There's still so much more but, I'm tired of typing and I'm pretty sure you're tired of scrolling past this post :p

Edited by Josh64

Taiko No Tatsujin: Filling the huge Donkey Konga shaped gap in my life, this pricey purchase earlier in the year was well worth every penny.

That's just plain creepy, I only just bought that game (the first one, with a couple of drums) a couple of months ago myself!

Now I gotta catch up on the other Wii entries in the series (and then they go ahead and announce another one just a scant few weeks ago. My poor aching wallet! :cry:)

And still the new entries keep coming! :D

Let's Tap... completely forgot about that game, I never did play it but the running game did look fun!

Don't think we've had any Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus entries yet have we?

Big respect for putting Just Dance in there @Josh64. I played the 3rd entry and found it so much fun and quite hilarious when playing with my nephew.

That's just plain creepy, I only just bought that game (the first one, with a couple of drums) a couple of months ago myself!

Now I gotta catch up on the other Wii entries in the series (and then they go ahead and announce another one just a scant few weeks ago. My poor aching wallet! :cry:)

I heard that too! It's a best of isn't it? I really want to get it but I'll have to shell out for the Taiko drums again as well (I got a bit too involved in one song on hard mode and ended up breaking the one side of the drum :p)

10 - Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - The only bad thing about this game is that there was never a sequel made utilizing Wii Motion Plus....okay and maybe the voices can get annoying too! This is a fantastic take on the adventure game formula that deserves to be in everyone's game collection.

9 - No More Heros - I still remember the first time I saw the original trailer for this game, it was one of those few trailers that had me sold straight away. Luckily the game was not a disappointment with its great humour and over the top slash em up fights, not to mention some of the best bosses I can remember. Unfortunately the tediousness of the between mission gameplay does hurt the game slightly, but in a strange way it's also part of the quirky appeal.

8 - Pandora's Tower - This game sums up the Wii for me, a great game that noone outside of the Nintendo faithful has probably even heard of. This is one of those games to point out to the Wii's critics that say the Wii has nothing worth playing, a game that really made me care about what happens to the characters. A game that actually makes great use of the time limit, this is the first game I've ever played where I really wanted to explore but couldn't relax enough such was the connection the game gave with Elena. The overall combat may be a little repetitive stopping this being higher in my list but the boss battles were superb, offering a puzzle as well as a pressured battle trying to dodge attacks while keeping an eye on the timer.

7 - Super Mario Kart Wii - One of the few games that just about everyone likes to play (along with Wii Sports), I wasn't a fan of the bikes in this one, and I think the blue shell should be redesigned to make it fairer (anyone who has constantly been hit by one on the last corner of the last lap when on 150cc mode I'm sure will agree), but when all is said and done you can't help but love those moments when you perfectly time the POW block to send your best friends off the edge of Rainbow Road, and nailing someone with a perfectly aimed green shell at medium to long range is one of the most satisfying things in any game.

6 - Donkey Kong Country Returns - All aboard the nostalgia train! This game took me back to my younger days more so than any of the New Super Mario Bros Games have, from the music to the fiendish difficulty. The only thing missing was an underwater level with Aquatic Ambiance playing.

5 - Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort - I list these together as I couldn't think which one to put in the list. Not the deepest of game experiences but just unbeatable good fun with some friends and isn't that one of the main reasons we all play games?

4 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Super Mario Galaxy was an awesome 3D platformer and looked so good that it wouldn't have been out of place on the PS3 or Xbox 360, then a sequel comes along that gives more of the same with a few extras and adds Yoshi into the mix, proving you can't have too much of a good thing!

3 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Brilliant art style that shows with careful design HD can infact be completely unnecessary to make a gorgeous game.

2 - Zelda: Skyward Sword - The game everyone wanted when the Wii was first announced, trully showed that Nintendo did mean to revolutionise how games were played with the Wii remote.

1 - Xenoblade Chronicles - This game surprised me at just how much I enjoyed it. Beautiful game world, all likable characters and a game that you could waste away hours playing. Never got tedious like I usually find most JRPGs do.

Honourable mentions: A boy and his Blob, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Monster Hunter Tri, House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld, Punch Out!, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, A Shadow's Tale, The Last Story, Little King's Story, Okami.

Edited by Ealdst

Wow. It's tough to pick a top ten really. I ended up with 80+ wii games, not including wiiware, and enjoyed most of them. Ok, I'll give it a go.

1. Xenoblade

2. Little King's Story

3. Mario Galaxy 2

4. Zelda Twilight Princess

5. Mario Galaxy

6. Fragile Dreams

7. Last Story

8. Wii Sports

9. Smash Bros Brawl

10. Zelda Skyward Sword

I think.....

Can we have a separate top 5 for our favourite wii ware games? Wiiware desrves a bit more lovvin' !

1. Lost Winds WotM

2. FFCC My life as a King

3. Tonema Sanner

4. Bubble Bobble Plus

5. Cave Story +

Edited by daftada

Thanks D_prOdigy, my choice of Xenoblade is surprising to me as I never thought anything would top Skyward Sword, and as I alluded to in my comments I usually like JRPGs for a bit then get bored with their general grindy nature, Xenoblade however had me hooked 'til the end and I would have started a second playthrough already if I didn't have so many unfinished games sitting on the shelf.

All in all this was a surprisingly hard list to come up with, when I started I thought it would be easy then suddenly I had only 4 spots left and a lot of games to fill them with, I still can't believe the popular opinion amongst gamers is that the Wii has no games just lots of shovelware!

1. Mario Galaxy

2. Metroid Prime Trilogy

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

4. Super Smash Bros Brawl

5. Mario Kart Wii

6. Disaster Day of Crisis

7. Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City

8. Monster Hunter Tri

9. Metroid: Other M

10. Twilight Princess

Let it be known this was incredibly difficult to order and I have chosen them based upon personal experiences I will remember the Wii for, rather than how popular the games are by other peoples standards.

Notable mentions have to go to Mario Galaxy, one of the greatest games i've ever played and musically, one of the greatest soundtracks i've ever experienced.

Metroid Prime Trilogy improves on the first two Prime games with Wii controls and at the time, was a bargain for three games. wonderful!

Disaster Day of Crisis is a terribly overlooked game, I urge everyone to get out there and buy this game, it had me on the edge of my seat and had some great use of the Wii remote, please...do yourselves a favour, get this game before it's too late. You will not be disappointed!

1. Monster Hunter Tri

2. Xenoblade Chronicles

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

4. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

5. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

6. Mario Kart Wii

7. Call of Duty: Black Ops

8. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

9. Wii Sports Resort

10. Wii Sports

Yet to play / finish: Okami, Little King's Story, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wii Music, Excite Truck, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid: Other M, Red Steel 2, NMH2, RE4, etc etc...

Okay, was led here by dcubed talking about trauma team. But I tout I'd bring it on too. What's quite funny is loads of articles saying how good the wii is/was on. Irritates the fuck out of me. I've been saying it for years that people do the same thing EVERY SINGLE TIME, slag off Nintendo consoles and then afterward say how amazing it was. The wii is amazing. EASILY my favourite current console by a mile! Anyways my top 10. It's pretty boring and predictable, so I've decided not to include my favourite game of all time galaxy 2, or the incredible galaxy 1, the two zeldas or metroid. What's the point. They'd probably make my top 5 and it's all a bit boring. So here is my top 10 excluding them!

Okay, edited post. Realised this is a proper vote rather than an opinion piece so I will include them :)

10. Zack and Wicki

Just an amazing game that I would love to see 3ds and now especially wii u versions of (think of the puzzles with the tablet). Amazing graphical style, amazing characters, incredible puzzles, perfect difficulty, awesome wii mote use. Not really played much like it before or after.

9. Rock Band Beatles

Tricky one really. The music genre exploded and died this generation. Maybe guitar hero wor or rock band 2 did more for the genre. DJ Heroneeds special plaudits, but I am absolutely obsessed with the Beatles so this game and every single one of its DLC was and still is and will be for years be pure pleasure for me.

8. Pro Evoltuion Soccer '09

I picked 09 because that was they first nailed and I played insane amounts of hours on. Pro evo wii is just an absolutely genius take on football games and it is a crime the game engine, the game modes weren't good enough to keep it alive. If they created the hd pro evo games with this control method it would have been even more sensational. But even with the disgusting graphics, the bollocks play modes, the borderline unplayable online and thwack of licenses, this game really did reinvent football games.

7. Wii Sports

I prefer resort and haven't played this for years but it simply has to be there. I played wii sports with my grandma, my mum, it was part of social gatherings many many times video games would never have been a part of. When I lived with my mates we literally played wii sports bowling every day and it was always the game to play as we were drinking before a night out (that and wqrio ware). Wii sports is a game that will go down in history.

6. Donkey Kong Country Returns

As we are now descending into predictable territory I won't write anything. But incredible visual design, level design, pitch perfect difficulty, incredible extra levels. The last games (and of the very few in recent years) I wanted to play and play and play and unlock everything. That never happens with me now.

5. Metroid Prime 3

It's cheating putting the trilogy down, this is the one released on wii. A great ending to an incredible trilogy. Way better than 2 probably not quite as good as 1, but still incredible. And I love wii FPS controls, had to have one FPS game in there.

4. Twilight Princess

People gip, I loved it. My second favourite Zelda of all time. And yes, better than wind waker and even ocarina. Blow me!

3. Skyward Sword

The best controls I've ever experienced in any game. Absolutely incredible art design. I loved this game and flew through it from start to finish. It started pretty slowly, fefifofum was really fucking irritating and the limiting tech of the wii stopped this from beating the next 2 though.

2. Galaxy

This was my favourite game of all time. Full stop. I've played games since the very early 80s and had pretty much every single console and handheld since, I do love old games, but sometimes I feel the nostalgia for them gets a little ridiculous. I'm not afraid to admit something which can't even get close to cult status yet as my favourite game ever.

1. Galaxy 2

Take the best game. Make it better. Again, the sheer pleasure of controlling a character, the creativity and genius in the level design absolutely outstrips any game that's ever been created. I think the mario series has done this as a whole, but the galaxy games just gave me so much joy, and the amount of times i laughed to myself with its genius and I consciously thought "this is why I love games" we're beyond numerous.

Close!

Dj hero, tiger woods 10, no more heroes, resident Evil chronicles, koroinpa, trauma centre new, forced unleashed,wqrio ware, punch out, de blob, resort.

Also there are loads of games I haven't even played or barely played!

Edited by dazzybee

I remember doing one of these lists not so long back. It's hard, because my order changes all the time.

Also, critically, I am barely through Xenoblade. I know it's excellent, I can see it already. But, it's hard putting it in the top 10 when I haven't played enough of it.

1. Twilight Princess - love it to absolute bits. Probably my favourite Zelda.

2. Metroid: Other M - I just had so much fun with it. It's a joy to play and I loved the eerie atmosphere of the ship.

3. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - A game that will stay in my mind for a long time. It has also ruined/made better one of my favourite Elvis Presley songs. "That scene" is one of the best memories I will take from this generation.

4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - Best football game of all time. The controls make this so much better to everything else out there. Never going back to traditional controls.

5. Super Mario Galaxy - A beautiful game.

6. Dead Space: Extraction - It shocked me. So good, so incredibly difficult to put down. Tense, but action packed in the right moments.

7. Monster Hunter Tri - I had excellent times playing with the guys from here, particularly Mokong and RedShell. Love it. :)

8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - so full of content and depth

9. ExciteTruck - One of my favourite all time racing games. Basically, make a WiiU version with Wiimote controls, better graphics, more tracks and I will be right there.

10. Little King's Story - Supreme!

Skyward Sword doesn't make it, rightfully so. Lovely controls, but it is very poor in terms of story and cinematics. Xenoblade would have made it easily had I pumped more time into it. Soon. So many other games as well. Definitely my favourite system of all time.

I remember doing one of these lists not so long back. It's hard, because my order changes all the time.

Also, critically, I am barely through Xenoblade. I know it's excellent, I can see it already. But, it's hard putting it in the top 10 when I haven't played enough of it.

1. Twilight Princess - love it to absolute bits. Probably my favourite Zelda.

2. Metroid: Other M - I just had so much fun with it. It's a joy to play and I loved the eerie atmosphere of the ship.

3. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - A game that will stay in my mind for a long time. It has also ruined/made better one of my favourite Elvis Presley songs. "That scene" is one of the best memories I will take from this generation.

4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - Best football game of all time. The controls make this so much better to everything else out there. Never going back to traditional controls.

5. Super Mario Galaxy - A beautiful game.

6. Dead Space: Extraction - It shocked me. So good, so incredibly difficult to put down. Tense, but action packed in the right moments.

7. Monster Hunter Tri - I had excellent times playing with the guys from here, particularly Mokong and RedShell. Love it. :)

8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - so full of content and depth

9. ExciteTruck - One of my favourite all time racing games. Basically, make a WiiU version with Wiimote controls, better graphics, more tracks and I will be right there.

10. Little King's Story - Supreme!

Skyward Sword doesn't make it, rightfully so. Lovely controls, but it is very poor in terms of story and cinematics. Xenoblade would have made it easily had I pumped more time into it. Soon. So many other games as well. Definitely my favourite system of all time.

Mark my words. Xenoblade is going to make it into your top 10. Just wait and see. Probably no.1 or thereabouts. I too am playing this game at the moment. I'm guessing that I'm about 3/4 if not more through the game(about to enter Bionis Interior through Junks) and it's my no.1 choice before I even finish it. It's awesome. In the same league as Tales Of Symphonia was on the Gamecube.

Couldn't agree more too that Skyward Sword shouldn't make the list. It was a chore and was glad when it was over. One word describes this game. Lazy.

Its really difficult for me to narrow these down, so many great games...

1. Monster Hunter Tri - This game totally suprised me, id played a little of the series on PSP and was lucky enough to be invited to one of the Monster Hunter Tri events held by Capcom in Glasgow. Its such a personal game, everything you use, from your weapon to your clothes are crafted by you, every time you battle a monster there is always the chance they will drop that one ingredient you have been waiting on and lets not forget the fear of dropping into the water sections and realising some HUGE mouth was swimming right towards you!

2. No More Heroes - Never has a game been so Unapolagetic about being just that. It knows its a game, it knows that you know this too and it has no problem showing this. Its not a perfect game, the side missions to raise money can get old pretty fast, but the boss battles really set this game apart from the others. Travis is one cool character and i enjoyed the time i spent on both of his adventures.

3. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Its another Zelda game and it does what a lot of people feel Twilight Princess shoud have done, it gives you direct control over Links sword and shield! This completely changes how you play the game for the better. Sure the actual game around this hasnt changed that much, but as always with Nintendo, the story is great, the world is beautifull and interacting with puzzles directly by using the wiimote is a complete joy!

4. Super Mario Galaxy - I had my doubts after Sunshine that i would ever play another Mario game that i would truely enjoy, i was wrong! The title manages to merge all of the control mechanics that made Mario 64 such a wonder to play, with the worlds and creatures from previous Mario titles to give it a truely epic feel. The graphics are without a doubt some of the best i have seen this generation on ANY console, once again Nintendo prove that its not the horse power behind a machine but the style you use to render the world that is important. This was one of the most important releases for core gamers owning a Wii and one that kept many of us glued to our Wiis for months to come.

5. Xenoblade Chronicles - This has to go on record as the best mmo i have ever played, why? Because they removed all of the annoying human controlled characters. Okay so its not an mmo, but its a game that looks and feels like it is, and yet despite that it weaves a spellbinding story that deeply effects the player (who didnt shed tear during the first real loss in the game?) and drives you continually onward to reach the end. Unlike a lot of rpgs you pretty much have free roam of the environment, and it is truely a wonderous place! A world that has grown up on the body of a gigantic god like creature frozen in time was always going to be something different, but the vast forrests and plains are amoungst the most unique locations you will see on the Wii. As everyone knows, a good rpg can live or die by its antagonist, this game has some of the best so far, though not much to look at they are smartly written and give you cause to not only hate and want to kill them, but sometimes feel sympathy for them. Props to the developer for also keeping the Japanese language track intact, im not sure i would have enjoyed the game anywhere near as much if it had been the UK dub and hearing some of my favourite anime voice actors behind those characters really made the experiance a lot more enjoyable for me.

6. Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Ive been a huge fan of Capcoms Vs series since they started appearing on the Sega Saturn and PSX back in the late 90s, the crossover dream matches always have over the top super moves and bright colourfull graphics so when i heard that the game was to be released in the West i was more than a little excited. The game did not disappoint, featuring more fighters that its Japanese counterpart and showing off the new fighting system that we would all come to know and love in MvC3, this game pretty much had it all. Gatchaman, Karas, Frank West, Ryu, as diverse a cast as you could imagine is represented in the roster! It has to be said though, until i got ahold of the classic controller for Wii i really struggled with fireballs and dragon punches but that was not the thing that annoyed me most, it was the removal of the animated end sequences. Now i know this was down to license rights but with all the trouble Capcom went to you would have thought they would have rounded the package off with the end sequences? Still, its a fighting game and it does that part amazingly well so it made my list anyway.

7. Metroid Prime Trilogy - This should be a no brainer to anyone who enjoys games, in this pack you get all three Metroid Prime games with Wiimote enabled controls and an achievement system! Every one of the games in this set are worth the asking price, the important thing to remember is though it uses fps controls, it is first and foremost a 3d platformer and metroidvania-esq adventure. The stories of all three titles are augmented with logs and the ability to scan using Samus's visor, if you are willing to explore the world you will find a huge amount of lore that will enrich the game. It isnt until the third title that the wiimote really comes in to its own but even just having the ability to move Samus's head around in the previous 2 makes a huge difference. Lastly, this game looks AMAZING! On the Gamecube it was way ahead of its time, on the Wii it still looks great and no one is going to know its an older title unless you tell them.

8. Okami - When i first played Okami on the PS2 i said to my friends who were there at the time how great this game would be on the unreleased (at the time) Wii. I was overjoyed to see this title launch on the Wii a year or so later, the game looks good thanks to the stylished cell shaded graphics and the story is as epic as it ever was. What made this title a killer game was the inclusion of Wiimote controls, using the controller to phsyically draw the shapes instead of trying to approximate on a thumbstick raised this game up from great, to incredible! If you have yet to play this you have done yourself a great disservice, its available now pretty cheap so make it one of your WiiU launch titles when that monster finally launches.

9. New Super Mario Bros Wii - This never nearly made my list, not because its a bad game or because i didnt enjoy it, but because at the time i had just finished the DS game and didnt see that much difference between the two. That was until i decided to play the game with my girlfriend and her son a few Sundays ago and suddenly i got it! This game really comes into its own in multiplayer, at first everyone is trying to kill each other and its fun for a while but around world 4 its obvious that working together is way more effective. My girlfriend is a Professory Layton player, her son is a COD player, neither of them have really played a Mario game seriously but i was able to have both of them play this with me and it was like they had been playing Mario games their whole life! The game itself is full of colour, the soundtrack is very catchy and its good to see a proper follow up to Super Mario 3/world. That said, playing it in one player is fine, but it dosent quite match up to the previous titles in the series until you add those human players, then it becomes a ridculous, fun, crazy and upredictable mess in the best possible way. If you are looking for that one game to bring players of every level together, this is it! Forget Wiisports, there is too much sitting around waiting for a turn, this is the game that everyone can play together and all have fun at the same time.

10. Silent Hill Shattered Memories - I love survival horror games, Resident Evil has lost that edge, its a great game even now, but its more action horror. Silent Hill has been really ropey since Konami dissolved Team Silent and i had no hope that we would ever see a great game in the series. Then this one showed up and it reminded me what it was about Silent Hill that was scary, it wasnt the monsters, it was never the story, it was the town, that thing was the real enemy and this game knows it! So the game has a subroutine constantly running in the background that remembers key events and how you react to them, at the very beginning you fill out a questionare about yourself at a psychiatrist and this changes the types of enemies you meet and even how some of the games characters look and act when you find them. It also remembers things like which door you choose first, if you venture into the girls bathroom, lots of seemingly unimportant events that shape the games world around you. For instance, i met Cybil, the cop who helps you out in the game, she was a bit of a hardass, had short blonde hair but was helpfull. I witnessed someone else playing it and she not only had a totally different physical appearance, she was a different character! In previous titles you could carry weapons, guns etc which have been completely scrapped in this game. When you see a monster in this game, you run and run fast! The feeling of panic and fear as you see creatures scrambling over walls to get to you, attracted to the light of your torch, its something i havent felt since the original PSX game all those years ago. Its not a long game, but it will really make you think about the choices you made and may even force you back in to see how things change if you do something different.

Honorable mentions should also go to Red Steel 2, Guilty Gear Core, House of the Dead Overkill and Resident Evil 4, all great games but no where for me to add them.

My turn my turn my turn :D

Ah the Wii, it was like the sleeping dragon of Nintendo had awoken and built on what they have always been about, fun, innovative and simple.

The Gamecube was freaking good, but to me it felt like it was going in the direction that the mainstream wanted, not what Nintendo wanted, and so the Wii came out and boy, it was like I was 8 years old all over again playing the Super Nintendo. There are so many memories on this system that the only thing that outways it is the Nintendo DS, both out in the same era I was in heaven, to me this was Nintendo at it’s finest since the Super Nintendo era and by God I will always look at both systems with such high standards that it really will be hard for them to out do them.

But this is not about the DS that can come another time, this is all about the Wii. Where can one start with such a magical system that relied on fun more than graphics :D

So without further ado let’s countdown my most favourite games

Opoona.jpg

10.Opoona

The best way to start off the list is by talking about a game that doesn’t rely on the motion control early in the Wii’s life, Opoona offered a new way of playing a game by having most of the control on the nunchuck controller with little to no buttons being used on the main Wii-mote. Attacking was done moving the joystick. An interesting game that sadly didn’t get much attention and sold poorly around the world.

38439-550x-world-ready.jpg

Opoona starts off with the main character opoona going on a family vacation with his parents and his siblings when suddenly its attacked by mysterious dark energy and damages their ship making them crash land on Landroll. Once Opoona comes too he finds himself found at an academy, once you tell the people the situation you are then have a license ranger to go and help people, which then through doing that can help you find your family.

opoona-452824.jpg

This game is just cute, and to me it is one of the best looking games on the Wii and it’s a shame it didn’t get any hype, not to mention that I was told the game came out like the same day as Mario Galaxy (oops)

What really sets this game though other than graphics and simple gameplay is the FREAKING MUSIC! Seriously, even if you don’t buy the game, you MUST buy the music I mean just listen to it!

In conclusion this game may not be for everyone, heck if anything this game is very average, but…it’s a very charming average game where you just want to pick opoona up and hug him for how cute he is.

opoona_070630.jpg

250px-Kirbys_return_to_dreamland_boxart.jpg

9.Kirby: Return to Dream Land

Gamecube era was a bad era for some Nintendo fans, yes we got some of the best games around, but if it weren’t for the GBA we may not have another Nintendo system, Sony were on a pedestal nothing could beat it. And school, if you were a gamecube kid, you were an outcast for mighty PS2 and Xbox was where it was at. But the worst thing of all was…NO REAL KIRBY! Yes we did get that racing game, but I think most of us wanted that new Kirby game, you know the one, the one which we saw at the end of the Gamecube cycle and so the long wait we had. Now we have the Wii, and guess what!? The Wii LOVES KIRBY!! And I love Kirby so it was a match made in heaven! After the incredible cute and charming Kirby Epic Yarn, we all thought that was it, we all thought that was done for Kirby for another generation, but you know what? Nintendo realised it had some catching up to do so they gave us ANOTHER KIRBY GAME!

Kirby-Returns-to-Dreamland1.jpg

Taking the idea’s already made through New Mario Bros Wii and Donkey Kong Country Returns it brings back the awesome old school platforming with MULTIPLAYER! Now, this game is quite cool single player wise, but holy shit is the multiplayer fun, playing 3 awesome friends from start to finish is just truly fun and all those mini games you could play with friends, made time go very fast because of the enjoyment of the game.

kirbys_return_to_dreamland-1.jpg

The story is simple…and cute. You having fun with friends see a ship crash onto Dream Land. You being an adventourous little fella decide the best thing for you to do is help build the ship back to normal, which is what Kirby always wanted to do after playing Pikmin :heh: And this time with friends helping out, it may be about helping the ship get repaired but really, it was a good excuse to go out on an adventure and smash shit up! :D

Kirbys-Return-to-Dreamland-Screenshot-6.jpg

The graphics are simple and charming and the music, once again the music is just downright awesome/catchy/charming/soothing/magical. Which is what one would expect from a Kirby game. Kirby is one of those games where he does well in the whole world yet, never gets the deserved attention Nintendo should rightfully give it.

After this game all I can say I humbly look forward to the next Kirby game for the WiiU and cannot wait to see what they pull out with his next adventure with the WiiU controller!

tumblr_lt69ncsmdX1qbfxim.gif

250px-SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg

8.Mario Galaxy

It’s always going to be on people’s list, the game is just awesome! What can I really say about this game that has yet to be said? Mario a simple plumber is out on an adventure to save a princess in space. SPACE! It might be all “ah that’s so cute” But I think people here are forgetting the fact that not in a million years would we see a plumber in space, saving a princess in space and fighting a dinosaur and his army IN SPACE!!!! If anyone said that to you, you would think that person is really high, but guess what? Nintendo have done it and to us it’s a normal awesome thing. What’s next? Nintendo decide to make a bounty hunter super awesome racing driver going at 500km/h around the univer…oh wait…

5.jpg

But what can really be said about this game is the vibrant wor-universe that this game is in, the graphics stunned people at how such a weak system was able to pull it off, and looking at it on dolphin on the PC just makes it look incredible, it makes one think how WiiU version of a 3D Mario will look.

super-mario-galaxy-20070905112741662_640w.jpg

The level design is increadible they tried to make the game just ooze out with so much content yet made us wanting more, it’s like having a date going to a resturaunt that you haven't gone to in years, you finally make it to the restaurant, it was like the whole place changed, yet everything you remembered was there, just being there reminded you of how you loved the place before yet you can’t help but love what you see now. But the food, not only is amazing, IT BLOWS YOU AWAY. So much it does that everything is brilliant, by the time you have had all your meals you don’t want anymore yet you are completely satisfied by it. You will remember the experience just like if not more then what you remembered when you were younger. Might be a strange story, but to me, us gamers were eating at this restaurant and Nintendo gave us the goods, it was a different Nintendo that we once knew but one that has just gotten better with age, like fine wine.

34609_smg009--screenshot_large.jpg

The worst thing about writing for this game though, is I have yet to even talk about the music…and to be honest do I really have to? Music I thought would never see the in a Mario game yet here we are listening to music that…that, you can’t describe just how excellent the score is. It makes most other companies music sound so mediocre when once you looked them so high up.

The game was just good. I could go on and on about this game, but I still have other games to talk about, and I feel like Mario Galaxy has a soft spot for everyone, I don’t have to talk about how awesome it is to prove to you how awesome it is. All I have to say is “Mario Galaxy” And you will smile as bundles of memoires just come out of nowhere of when you played it. So, my hats off to you Nintendo and the Mario team, continue being just you :D

gfs_68186_2_13.jpg

250px-Muramasa_The_Demon_Blade.jpg

7. Muramasa the demon blade

Art at it’s finest. Do I need to say anymore?

Muramasa, the next home system game to come out from Vanillaware since Odin Sphere (And if you guys have yet to play Odin Sphere DO IT! One of the best PS2 titles easily) Muramasa shows that sprites can be done with so much detail it’s a joke. Everything to detail is there in the game, the lighting, the wind blowing the grass, I could go on :D

scaled.php?server=24&filename=2i8x6vr.gif&res=landing

With the story being all about evil spirits and swords it’s an awesome excuse to go around and show off your sword ass kicking skills in glorious art detail! :D Being a game that gave you the options of 3 control methods it was easy to get into no matter what style of controller you preferred (Wii-mote for me baby)

muramasathedemonblade20.jpg

Also want to talk about the music in the game, being set in Genroku era in Japan, the music is very classic and really suits the theme of the game. You can tell they put the time and effort into the music just as much as they did with the sprites of the game.

It’s sad to say this, but this will be the shortest of the list of detail, I put this in the top cause of how increadible the graphics and music is in the game. It was a game where you could just stop playing and just look at it and love how increadible the art of the game is. I certainly hope they continue making games like these in the next gen, even if it’s just for eShop

250px-NewSuperMarioBrosWiiBoxart.png

6. New Mario Bros Wii

This game hnnnng, I just love it, yeah yeah I know to some people these games are like the Anti-Christ of gaming. But you know what I LOVE THIS GAME! It’s just awesome everything about this game is simple and fun and by God, it was like a little kid came out of me when playing this game, and it showed more when 3 others came into play, it was like the game I was wanting all these years when I was a kid in the SNES days, playing with people to save the princess while having so much fun, jumping on people’s heads to get a better jump, freezing your friends and throwing them in a ditch. This is one of those games where you’re going to have fond memories, and to me this is Nintendo at it’s finest, to me Nintendo have never been about the now but more of the memories it tries to create for people. You can talk about those ‘remember that time when you were a total asshole in that sand level?’ Stuff like that is why I love Nintendo.

TFz8ntLsyN-NCG72d95Yc5PybOzZ_HNi.jpg

Now the game is pretty straight forward, just like Mario Galaxy, another day, another grand adventure of rescuing the princess. But the one thing I love about this game. The ONE THING that makes me love this game so much…Koopa Kids are back! Yessssss! They deserve to come back, anything is better than the crappy Baby Bowser Jr. Plus YOSHI! YESSSSS! It was like everything I needed in a Mario game seriously, I can understand why some of you might not like it, but you guys must also understand why other people love it like I do!

newsupermario_196548.jpg

In all this game is polished to the bone, the more you progress the more fun it becomes, by halfway through the game you then wonder to yourself if you are in a completely different game cause it looks nothing like what you saw of the trailer. It’s a funny thing with most games and movies; they show off the best stuff. Nintendo most of the time just show the first 3 worlds and the rest you have to see for yourself and most of the time it’s sooooo much better.

Bring on New Super Mario Bros WiiU :D

New_Super_Mario_Bros__Wii_by_brandokay.jpg

Now I was going to post all of the whole list but 50 image limit a post >_< So I'll post the next five up very soon! :D

This is not going to be like in the Gamecube thread where you left your list halfway through, right? :heh:

:D

Donkeykongcountryreturns.jpg

5. Donkey Kong Country Returns

Nintendo has an Old Testement and a New Testament. It’s true, the Old Testament was when Nintendo owned Rareware and now this company brought many great awesome games. However, things were starting to shake up, the original members leaving the company, bad management, it made the Gods of Nintendo to decide to have a son to which would be more stronger, more powerful than anything that anyone has witnessed. That my friends…was Retro Studios.

donkey_kong_country_returns_review.jpg

After the incredible work on the Metroid Prime series, so awesome they were with the series it gained notice again, now with everyone wanting more metorid (Then Metorid Other M came out and almost ruined everything :heh: ) Now Nintendo were happy with the results Retro showing, making them even think that this team was more talented than Rareware (Yeah I said it come at me bro) So Nintendo gave them an important task, a task that no other company dared to do.

E3-2010-Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns-Preview.jpg

And so Donkey Kong Country was their next objective. But how does one create a game from a series which was so highly praised? Simple. Create from scratch EVERYTHING (Except the music remix that shit!) and low and behold! Gone is the crappy 90’s design and to a more simple design of enemies, world and gameplay, with a touch of excellent level design that makes it, in my eyes, the greatest 2D platformer ever! Everything about this game is just so good, you can tell that the team put a lot of effort into this game. And it paid off, with the tight controls the increase in diffulcuty as you make it further in the game, it’s one of those games that truly makes me want to go back and play over and over again.

donkey_kong_country_returns_wii_screen%201.jpg

To me this is the game that sealed the deal that Retro Studios are now the best company that Nintendo owns outside of japan in history. Yes, I rate Retro studios higher than I do with Rare when they were in their prime, you can agree with me or disagree with me, up to you, but you can’t deny how excellent Retro Studio’s are and how talented they when they went from a first person sci-fi adventure to a side scrolling bright coloured game based on a monkey. To me number 5 is not just for Donkey Kong Country Returns, but for Retro Studios as well for their incredible skills at game design :D

Sal2ogafVHovbx7nS3sgpjl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_Rd1H6kmuBWtceBJ

Rune_Factory_Frontier_Coverart.png

4. Rune Factory Frontier

Rune Factory Frontier was my second most hyped game for the Wii easily. Being impressed by the DS version of Rune Factory, I was overjoyed in hearing that the Wii was getting a Rune Factory game. And when the pics were starting to show, I squeeled like a little bitch I am. And then the opening was shown. Wooooow DO WANT!

Now with that out of the way, it was my first game I imported because heck, no way was I going to wait for 2 years or it to come into Pal territory. And man this game, it’s just fun, I love it there is something awesome about farming during the day and then dungeon crawling at night, while at the same time socialising with the villagers as well as trying to get a scre… I mean score a girl.

runefactoryfrontier-3.jpg

The game has that Harvest Moon curse where the moment you get a rhythm of the game, 100 of hours will go by without you knowing that it went, all to farm. And if you're a completionist like me, yeah, have fun, the game is big to say the least, I had fun from start to finish, and it’s made me love Rune Factory even more. Sad to know that we may never get another home system Rune actory game (Oceans is out I know but I don’t like talking about that) I will continue playing the game on handheld

runefactoryfrontier-5.jpg

The music in this game was…unique, it had a more mysterious vibe to some of the music, some of it was more calming and soothing as well, hard to explain the music for Rune Factory Frontier, I guess just linking them to you people can understand what type of music I listened to while playing the game.

In the end Rune Factory is a new fun way adventure to get away from games like Harvest Moon, and being a dungeon crawler and having lots to do made me really grind this game to get every nook and cranny. So I have one thing to say Marvelous…thank you for giving me these awesome games you brought out onto the Wii :D

rune_factory_frontier_conceptart_QyrtV.jpg

Xenoblade_box_artwork.png

3. Xenoblades

Let me just say something right away about this game, I was hyped really fucking hyped, you would not believe just how much I wanted this game and it was all for one reason…Monolith soft. This company, the people behind it to me are the greatest RPG making company out there, even to this day I have not had any issues with their games, from Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga I+II+III and Baten Kaitos/Origins. To me they are the best 3rd party company to write a story, only company that had even better writers were Nintendo, and since Nintendo bought Monolith Soft, it was like they wanted everything that was good when it came to writers.

All this talk about the company and I have yet to talk about the game! It’s hit an all time high in the western world now, people love this game, whenever you see an RPG list, you can bet that Xenoblades is on that list. There is good reasons why and I am sure you know why as well.

Xenoblade-Chronicles-Gaur-Plain.jpg

(Takes a big breath) Awesome gameplay, characters, world, battle system, music, side-quests, story, monster designs, vast world, awesome towns and so much to do. I love this game! It pleases me more though when I see so many N-europers (Is that I call them?) enjoy the game and love it just as much if not more than I do :D

xenoblade-chronicles-958102.jpg

To me this game brings the best of what makes JRPG’s so awesome, after the very dark time of JRPG’s lately (on home systems handhelds JRPG’s are still a beast) it’s excellent to see them create a game that give people hope in knowing that there can still be good JRPG’s even in this day and age. So thanks Nintendo for buying this company, with you backing them in your excellent skills of gameplay and Monoliths excellent skills on making an incredible and awesome world we will always have something to look forward too, and also thanks to all the people that bought the game, showing Nintendo that people really do want more games like Xenoblades. Perhaps came out a bit late in the lifecycle, but eh, better late than never :D

The-Chars-xenoblade-chronicles-26423108-1000-675.jpg

Legend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.png

2. Zelda Skyward Sword

Zelda is and will always be the hot topic when it comes to games, heck this thread alone got de-railed halfway on the first post in a Zelda argument. Then there is the disappointed thread which went straight into Zelda debate. Basically it’s like this, if you mention Zelda at all AT ALL! In any thread, guess what baby, it’s another Zelda thread with punching , screaming and pulling hairs on who’s right and who’s wrong. That is the power of Zelda…or triforce…or Miyamoto trolling everyone in this world…bah who cares, they keep making awesome Zelda game to this day which comes to Skyward Sword.

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615112253593.jpg

With Nintendo deciding how to make the next Zelda game, Wii-motion plus came to allow an even far greater Zelda experience than ever before. It was an incredible feel of a game 1:1 controls, you either love it or hate it. I FUCKING LOVE IT! To me this game is the first new Zelda game to wow me since Zelda: OOT. It refreshing, it felt new, yet it was still the same Zelda I came to learn and love. It gave the series a tiny shake up, like a way of saying that they want to reinvent the series. I loved how it felt like the whole land of Hyrule felt like one big dungeon. It was refreshing to me and I truly hope Nintendo take that direction of creating new and unique ways of discovering the world.

618_gaming_zelda_skyward_sword_1.jpg

And can I just say right here and now. I LOVE THE STORY IN THIS! It was so much more light hearted yet still had it’s serious tone, but this is what I want more of Zelda, it needs to still have that humour, the whole revalations that took place in this game to lay the foundations of the rest of the Zelda games is very well done I thought, and the thing that makes me play the games and love them more is because of this game, especially the ones with the Master Sword in it, the reason to it is because of Fi. True she may have been annoying at time with her statistics. At first I was excited, when I saw Fi, I thought we were going to get an awesome companion like we did in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, yet I felt let down when I first finished the game. However! The second time I played, I began to like her more. One thing I don’t know how they do it, but how Nintendo can pull on your heart strings when it comes to a story even when they always declare they don’t care as much about it, to me they care about it greatly, but they still put gameplay as number one, but to me Nintendo just know how to make a compelling story when they want to.

img_1709_zelda-skyward-sword-review-by-leguna-from-gaming-out-loud.jpg

Wind Waker, when Ganondorf talked about his life at the end of the game and what he wanted to do with the triforce as well as the King talking about how he was much like Ganondorf in wanting Hyrule back. And that scene where Link tries to grab the Kings hand as Hyrule is finally flooded just, increadible.

Then you have Twilight Princess, the whole game was basically a story for Midna, it revolved around her, her glory to her punishment and loss of power, how the more you played the game she just like you opened up to one another to only see at the end, Midna final words to Link were ‘Link… I… See you later’ to only for her to break the path between her and Link forever.

468px-Sword_0061.png

Then Fi, you could say a soul of the sword, you play the game like you are making history for all the other Zelda games for this sword. She doesn’t open up like the King and Midna because it’s not her job to, her mission was for Link to be successful in destroying the evil once and for all with the Master Sword. When things come to an end. That last scene where Fi talks to Link, after the mission is over ‘I believe this feeling correlates closest to what your people call……Happiness’ and the music that plays after that, by GOD! Just makes the scene perfect. As a youtube comment says in the best way. "The thing is, since this is the first zelda game in the series, when you bid farewell to fi, she went into deep slumber in the sword, almost as if she's like a reincarnation of the master sword or the sword itself, but she is actually in deep slumber inside the sword, which means fi has never really left your side throughout the entire zelda franchise, with the exception of a few zelda games that don't have the sword. She was right there with you the entire time, but you just never really knew it." It was best way to describe what I felt after playing Skyward Sword a second time and then going back to all those other Zelda games, every time you pick up the master Sword it’s like Fi is right there.

skyward_sword_fi___listen_link_by_daboya-d4jr0iq.png

So yeah I love the story, but I love Zelda stories as a whole, to me I never look forward to the endings of any Zelda in this day and age, as when you finish the game, it’s like losing a friend since OOT, to me when a Zelda game ends, it’s both a happy and sad ending. Happy for Hyrule, but sad for Link, as he loses many friends at the end as his adventure finally comes to an end.

This is how much I love Zelda, truth is, I have concluded that I don’t care about people’s opinion of the series just like I expect you readers also don’t expect other gamers to see your way. To me Zelda has always been fresh and exciting with each game. I can’t wait to see what the next Zelda game will be, since Nintendo has yet to let me down on the series! :D

3f8bc8e97e479be92b4e11c96b2420d0.jpg

monster_hunter_3tri_black_classic_pro_shop.jpg

1. Monster Hunter 3 Tri

Repeat after me…This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game This game is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38046_normal.jpg

Seriously, as much as I would LOVE to put Skyward Sword as number one, it can’t be, because of one reason…YOU GUYS! Monster Hunter to me wasn’t just about hunting big monster (Well, it was kind of a big picture) but to me it was more about hunting with you guys, hanging out with you guys and trying to obtain kick ass armour! Since the game came out 2 years ago (I think it was that long ago, I have racked up over 600 hours on the game…600 HOURS!!!! It was because I just loved the game, but it was the online that really shined, I always looked forward to playing it, going on my friends list and seeing who was online and seeing who I could hunt with and just have a ball!

monster-hunter-tri-20100412060554262_640w.jpg

This game is as hardcore as you can get which is funny cause you see so many people get onto this game, claiming they are hardcore gamers and then talk about how shit and stupid it is cause they can’t kill a monster in 5 hits or no QTE. It also became the game which people started to talk about Monster Hunter! It was awesome to be able to talk about monster hunter with other Nintendo fans and see the love they had for the game. It was incredible! This game, as well Dragon Quest IX were the greatest things that Nintendo put money into this gen. And it payed off! Even to this day I can go online and there are a couple of people online still playing. And one of the things I loved about this game was that it was fun even with randoms (At times) most times everyone would lend a helping hand and talk to one another, it was excellent!

mh308.jpg

What more can I really say about this game other than it’s because of you people that made it number one. Oh I know, awesome music hnnnnng.

In all, it’s great to see the series recognised now, and with Monster Hunter 3G coming out over here online (yay!) I can hardly wait to play with all you guys again, which might make it hard for 3G to be taken off my top WiiU list! :D

1342982538540.jpg

If you guys read all of what I posted, I thank you from the bottom of my heart as I did write A LOT! But I really wanted to show just how much I loved the Wii, to me it truly was the second greatest system to me (DS wins Zing!) To me, it was really the first system where I could play any types of variety of games, and these people weren’t the same, some were my little nephews, some friends from work, old high school friends, even friends I made at Gym. It was a one of a kind system for me. It’s sad to see the end of the system, but that’s life, and I look forward to an even more fun system from the WiiU. So thanks again for reading the post. And I look forward to the next top 10 list!

Holy crap I had no idea!! :o

I'm even worse. I have this sitting on my shelf unplayed. Well I say unplayed, I played about half an hour and never went back to it. Maybe it should be added to my backlog battle. :D