Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

I'm not trying to defend him; I'm just saying there are degrees of it.

Do you think Bale is as bad as Suarez?!

I think the dives this weekend are as bad as each other.

Over all, they're pretty even in terms of diving. In terms of being decent people there isn't even an argument, Suarez is a dick.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a shit, they both embarrassed themselves. Take a step back and look at this, we're trying to make one look better by slating the other. They both need to cut it out.

It's funny, because Bale and Suárez are easily two of the best players in the world, yet they act like they do. They both dive differently, but it's both very wrong.

It's just that Suárez seems to take the most shit for it.

And how has Huth stamping on his chest not being talked about anywhere? People are more bothered about a player throwing himself to the floor than that player being assaulted.

8062824317_c85bab7e63_o.gif

Absolute disgrace.

So glad to see Brendan defending him aswell.

Vanpersies elbow too. I think more stuff has to be done post matches - ban players for diving and treat issues like that more seriously, and ban the stupid rule "if the ref saw it it can't be relooked". The ref gets it wrong, just because he saw, it can still be wrong. Each incident should be treated individually and dealt with appropriately.

The FA don't recognise anything that isn't done through the medium of Twitter.

Suarez and Bale are both Tom Daley's in training. Suarez will always receive press more because of the theatrical way he does it and his past indiscretions.

What do you guys think about Wonga renaming the Newcastle stadium.... back to SJP? Seems like a bold/nice move' date=' but it's still not the nicest of companies out there. Question is will the [i']next[/i] sponsors change it again?

Good for the fans, it's a win win for Wonga. They're getting loads of good press for doing it. And no one would have called it The Wonga Arena.

However like you say they don't seem a very nice company.

Talking of naming rights, our Chief Exec Ivan Gazidis recently spoke about our naming rights and how it's harder to sell them on after an extended period of using a given name. He suggested that because it's been called Emirates Stadium for so long people will always use that name. If they don't sell the rights again Ashburton Grove or Arsenal Stadium will suffice, Ivan.

I think St. James' Park is an example of how that's not necessarily the case, even with naming rights people only in jest called it the Sports Direct Arena or what ever it was.

So, an £8m sponsorship deal eh? Wonder if Newcastle will have to pay back about £14m after 30 days? ;)

Don't think I want Mick McCarthy as our new manager. He even turned down Forest because he wanted to manage a Premiership team. Wouldn't mind Solskjaer personally, but why would he be interested in us? Wouldn't surprise me if we went for someone like Keith Hill from Barnsley after the good job he did at Rochdale on a shoestring. Or another lower league manager.

WOOT

Internationals on tonight.

Germany are probably gonna give us a right bashing but I'll remain optimistic for now and while the game remains at 0-0.... who knows might get some of thet Luck of teh Irish back tonight and somehow knick a goal....though we may have used all that luck up in the last game...fingers crossed there's still some left. :D

COME ON IRELAND

just don't lose too badly

I didn't think it was possible for it to go worse than I expected but there you go.

I thought at worst we'd lose 2-0 but 6-1.... and that 1 only came in the 92nd minute.

Trap has to be sacked or made quit. He's lost the plot, he doesn't seem to care and every other week he seems to be disrespecting or having issues with players.

He refuses to acknowledge younger players who play with better ranked clubs than most of the ones he continues to pick.

He starts Simon Cox who plays for Nots Forest in teh Championship and leaves Shane Long who plays for West Brom who are 10th in the Prem.

He starts with Darren O frakking Dea in the centre of defence who plays for Toronto frakking fuck FC BOTTOM of the MLS when he has Ciaran Clark who plays for Aston Villa on the bench.

The only good things I saw in tonights game was that Seamus Coleman from Everton got a start, but only because of injuries. But he did well on the right of defence and I'd hope he stays there. But if Trap stays once the injured heal he'll prolly drop Coleman.

It should have been 7-1 too, Germany should have had a penalty before they got their first goal when John O'Shea acted a tool and dragged down Reus... yet somehow the ref was blinded and thought Reus dived and booked him :heh: And John O'Shea gave away the first goal, he had teh ball taken from his feet by Reus on the edge of the box, like he fell asleep.

The Faroe Islands did better vs Germany IN Germany few weeks back. This game was in Dublin, I'd hate to see what Germany could do to us in Germany.

We got the Faroes on Tuesday and they will prolly destory us too.

In the past is Ireland were 2 or 3 down they'd never give up, they would still fight on. But at 2-0 down tonight it was like the players just didn't care.

Trap has lost the confidence of teh players and you can see that.

If the FAI don't do something THIS WEEKEND and allow Trap to stay on for the rest of this qualification we'll be lucky to not finish last in the group.

Sweden and Austria will certainly out play us the way this team is now.

I am sickened, I love my country I would and have stuck by Ireland through some bad times in my life time. Hell I kept confidence in the Irish team when Steve Staunton was manager and those were some dark times.

But as it is now, I'm considering not bothering watching the game vs Faroes on Tuesday and I have not missed a live broadcast competitive Ireland game IN MY LIFE (bar the 1st game in the 2002 world cup when I was in the Philippines and there was no place to watch it live) but now I am so pissed off with Trap now that for the first time ever I've lost my patriotic spirit for the Irish football team.

No I'm basing that on our performance today and over the last 6 months :heh:

In the "battle for 2nd" in this group it was meant to be between us, Sweden and Austria.

I'd say it just between Sweden and Austria now.... we'll be lucky to finish 4th at this rate

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!