NEurope
Retro_Link

Lego City: Undercover

What Ashley said :D It really is the content of the review that matters. Do people seriously just buy a game because it has a high score? The number is just a conclusion, and a conclusion means nothing without what comes before it.

Scoring things on how bad they are would be much more entertaining, and it would be fun fucking with the metacritic scores :p

I really can't wait for this. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game - no kidding.

I was starting to think that the 'excitement' feeling for a game I had as a child was fading away forever, because nothing at all interested me. I had twilight princess for 3 years and never got past the 2nd temple - that's when I 'couldn't be bothered' to play it. No nintendo game should that have to happen to! (it's only now that I'm completing it)

This game however is making me watch reviews, gameplay and the whatnot everywhere - IT'S AMAZING! I'm trying to restrict myself at the same so I don't spoil too much - It's like every second of gameplay I need to savour.

It's funny how it was possibly this time last month, I had extra cash to spare for a Wii U game that I was going to get a game I wasn't even interested because there was nothing out there! (Actually, in the end I did get Epic Mickey 2, but that was a major disappointment).

Now I'm faced with the trouble of having to save up for Pokemon mystery dungeon, Luigi's Mansion 2, Wind Waker, Pokemon X (OF COURSE) and possibly monster hunter.

Just ordered this via Amazon with first class delivery, only cost me £23.00 since I had £20 worth of gift vouchers.

I'm always tempted to just finish my reviews with something along the lines of "the more bored I am by a game, the more alliteration I use. Figure it out yourself". It would be...different.

Was speaking to Mr-Paul as well and he came up with the idea that we score a game by how bad it is (i.e. 10 would awful), see if it made people think.

I'd kinda like that, cos I often read the review all through - sometimes though I do skim for the end report. What I like about N-E reviews is the 5 scales of scoring, and the pros/cons - along with the overall score. Really it's the subscales that I care for - lifespan playability and gameplay!

Just ordered this via Amazon with first class delivery, only cost me £23.00 since I had £20 worth of gift vouchers.

Ooh, great price. Good thing you had those gift vouchers.

shopto have charged for this now....could they ship mega early?

Na, they'll ship tomorrow for Wednesday delivery, the day before launch. The game is launching on Thursday this week since Friday is a Bank Holiday

Probably a silly question but has anybody had it despatched from Zavvi yet?

Nope .. ..

Nope .. ..

No chance of getting it this week then. And with my past experiences with Zavvi you either get it on release day or not for a few weeks.

They're probably not aware it's bank holiday :) I ordered Monster hunter and need for speed from zavvi last week, I got one thursday and one friday. For preorders I've never had a problem with them. As long as they post it tomorrow we'll be okay!

This arrived for me today, but err yeah... busy playing Monster Hunter and Bioshock so I guess I'll be playing it later, but I'm still excited for it. :)

This game is great fun. Games have seldom made me laugh, but it managed to. Classic Lego gameplay, albeit a bit refined too

Scoring should be abolished! To this day I regret only giving Boom Street a 7, sure, I said it had lots of replay value, but I didn't think I'd be playing it online multiple times a week and have made new friends because of it over a year later!

That was my only review and I managed to mis-judge it :p

Anyway, LEGO City, I cant wait :D And I've never had a LEGO game so it shall be interesting :D

ITs really funny :) so many little jokes in there , Is honey the voice of the dog in UP ?

Only compliant is the awful truly ps1 standard loading times

ITs really funny :) so many little jokes in there , Is honey the voice of the dog in UP ?

Only compliant is the awful truly ps1 standard loading times

Yes the loading times are dreadful, hopefully something they can patch later as I'm having loads of fun with this!

I received a dispatch email about my Lego City Undercover pre-order from Zavvi at about 7:45pm yesterday. I won't know until I get home if that actually means I've received it today though.

Update: It didn't arrive.

Edited by V. Amoleo
update

What about Perfect Dark and Banjo? They released on Xbox so to say a Nintendo have only ever published exclusives is wrong :P

Rare's games is a very unique situation. The company was sold, and it was agreed that Rare owned all the stuff they created, wheras Nintendo fully owned any games Rare made based on Nintendo franchises (Donkey Kong).

Although Nintendo have published other non-exclusives, such as Resident Evil 4 (outside of Japan).

However, I'm pretty sure Nintendo fully financed this game, and it will remain an exclusive.

I didn't know we were getting a limited edition for the first batch! wish i had time to play it last night, but Luigi's Mansion took a lot of my night up

Anyway, LEGO City, I cant wait :D And I've never had a LEGO game so it shall be interesting :D

Going by the LEGO Harry Potter games, you'll be amazed just how much things are breakable and how much stuff you'll be able to collect.

So, did anyone buy this?

Seems pretty quiet in here and the game is out :P

I've got it...but Luigi is taking up my gaming time. That could be the answer right there haha.

So, did anyone buy this?

Two words: Monster Hunter. :D

So, did anyone buy this?

I've got it...but Luigi is taking up my gaming time. That could be the answer right there haha.

Yeah, I'm about 13 hours in, only 12% complete. I'm absolutely loving it. It's hilarious, fun and just well crafted.

So many Mario references too, I found Dry Bones, Bob-ombs, Wrigglers, Bullet Bills etc

So, did anyone buy this?

In all honesty I've been too busy playing it to talk about it. This is one of those games that induces the "just one more mission..." effect, and that's when you don't get distracted looking for hidden stuff.