NEurope
Retro_Link

Lego City: Undercover

Picked up a copy in my local GAME this morning after deciding I'd probably get more value out of this than Luigi. Low stock availability from what the GAME guy showed me, only four copies available in the Watford branch. Well, three now.

Didn't want to risk a fruitless hunt in central London later, entertainment stores are dwindling there.

Two words: Monster Hunter. :D
And some more words: Luigi's Mansion 2, HarmoKnight and Nintendo are stupid. :heh:

So many Mario references too, I found Dry Bones, Bob-ombs, Wrigglers, Bullet Bills etc
Awesome, this is gonna be a great game to have on the "to buy" list.

Will have to get it sometime before Animal Crossing hits though. ;)

So, did anyone buy this?

Seems pretty quiet in here and the game is out :P

I've got it...but Luigi is taking up my gaming time. That could be the answer right there haha.

Yeah we've had a quiet few months so some of us have saved and spent far too much on games this month, them being Monster Hunter (life consuming), Lugi's Mansion, Lego City and i just bought code of princess too....

my poor poor backlog, i can't buy anything other than fire emblem for months now else i'll go mad

Have played this for 3 hours. Love it. Humour is brilliant. Graphics are excellent and it's so well produced and put together.

My nephew is a huge LEGO game fan and he says this is his favourite game in the Lego universe by miles. From just a few hours play.

I have to agree. It's like my childhood came to life with this game.

I just watched the latest episode of Nintendo Video on my 3ds and they went into a bit of detail on this game - have to say it looks terrific. Seriously good stuff.

I like the Lego games, but am tired of then being the same cut and paste job in a new superhero or franchised world. It's always too samey.

This looks to totally break that trend, at last, and looks like great fun to play! I love all the Nintendo nods too - very clever!

Definitely a purchase for me at some point!

Have played this for 3 hours. Love it. Humour is brilliant. Graphics are excellent and it's so well produced and put together.

My nephew is a huge LEGO game fan and he says this is his favourite game in the Lego universe by miles. From just a few hours play.

I have to agree. It's like my childhood came to life with this game.

The time left before I can head home and play my copy just got multiplied by what feels like 10,000 hours.

Has there been much advertising for this? I haven't seen anything. I'm guessing there are adverts being run on the kids channels?

I'm guessing there are adverts being run on the kids channels?

Spot on. So far I've only seen adverts for this game on Cartoon Network & Nick toons, Disney etc. Although I'm not very good to judge as the only time I see those channels is when my little sister is watching TV. The ads were quite good, but the actual quality of the footage shown was horrendous at times. Some people might take it the wrong way.

Has there been much advertising for this? I haven't seen anything. I'm guessing there are adverts being run on the kids channels?

Saw one at the cinema before Jack the Giant Slayer on Monday. Mentioned it was exclusive to Wii U, which is always good.

-

Currently on chapter 10 or 11, so I think I'm nearing the end. Love the script, it's funnier than the majority of Hollywood's recent comedies, but the gameplay hasn't blown me away. Personally I'm looking forward to unlocking all the disguises so I can search for everything in the city and in freeplay mode.

Edited by welsh_gamer

Well fuck you every store close by. No money in the bank so I cant order online until next week. So I went to

Morrisons - Didn't have it

24hr Asda - Didn't have it or any other Wii U stuff

24hr Tesco - Didn't have it or any other Wii U stuff

Blockbuster - Didn't have it and most of their Wii U stuff is gone

Urrrgh.

I spent a good few hours on this last night, a good portion of which was spent watching my girlfriend run around smashing stuff up and grappling cars with people in them until they exploded. The poor citizens of LEGO City ran in fear.

The game is really fun. There are a couple of glitches and the humour doesn't always hit, but it gets big laughs when it does. I can definitely see myself playing it through to the end, maybe even unlocking a few of the extras along the way.

Guy's PRO TIP FOR PEOPLE WHO SUCK LIKE HIM:

The d-pad feels way more precise to control vehicles than the analog stick.

Edited by Guy

Finished the narrative with about 14 hours logged. 32.6% completion. This will take a while!

I fucking give up, no store anywhere has this game. I'll just have to wait until I can order online.

I fucking give up, no store anywhere has this game. I'll just have to wait until I can order online.

It's extremely frustrating that one of the first major releases in months is nowhere to be found in stores. It makes you wonder how they expect the game to sell at all.

Need for speed and lego impossible to find. Just ridiculous. Sales will be weak and not for the right reasons!! I wonder if nintendo know their games aren't being sold anywhere.

For me, I still don't have the frigging game - THANKS ZAVVI!!!! I ordered Batman from shopto on thursday and it arrived today. Lego, nothing!!! Great, so i can't play it when I have loads of time free....

I found copies showing in stock at a few stores near Wolverhamption. PM'd you the details on the off chance they're actually carrying the game.

Edited by Guy

I preordered mine from shopto and it still has not come yet.

Wonder if online is having some stock difficulties with this as well.

To those that have the game - did you get the miki figure with it?

Need for speed and lego impossible to find. Just ridiculous. Sales will be weak and not for the right reasons!! I wonder if nintendo know their games aren't being sold anywhere.

For me, I still don't have the frigging game - THANKS ZAVVI!!!! I ordered Batman from shopto on thursday and it arrived today. Lego, nothing!!! Great, so i can't play it when I have loads of time free....

Same here.

The Tesco Extra near me have a copy of LEGO City. One copy. £42.

Feeling pretty gutted I dropped £50 on this in GAME on Friday fearing nowhere else would have a copy. Oh well, at least I helped keep them alive for another few weeks. With HMV circling the drain it would be a shame to lose the only other place to casually browse games on the highstreet.

Edited by Guy

In Finland, I can find this everywhere,, even local SuperMarkets have them. I got it from a Online Store, tough. It was 50€, and I got in Thursday.

Been a blast so faar.

Feeling pretty gutted I dropped £50 on this in GAME on Friday fearing nowhere else would have a copy. Oh well, at least I helped keep them alive for another few weeks. With HMV circling the drain it would be a shame to lose the only other place to casually browse games on the highstreet.

Even if I did find a copy I wouldn't be paying 50 smackers for it.

The Tesco Extra near me have a copy of LEGO City. One copy. £42.

How come you didn't get it from Amazon? It's 40 quid there. I haven't bought anything new from GAME for at least 6 years. Unless it was in some kind of sale.

How come you didn't get it from Amazon? It's 40 quid there. I haven't bought anything new from GAME for at least 6 years. Unless it was in some kind of sale.

I'm terrible at planning ahead and often decide I definitely want something like, 20 seconds before I buy it. I'm also bad at waiting and completely horrible with money.