NEurope
Retro_Link

Lego City: Undercover

Spent around an hour looking for a boulder in Bluebell National Park. I really wish the scanner had better range

Edit: And I have officially 100%'d it

Congrats. What was your final time for 100%?

I finished story mode in 22 hrs with 39.6% done, but pulled that up to about 50% now.

Congrats. What was your final time for 100%?

I finished story mode in 22 hrs with 39.6% done, but pulled that up to about 50% now.

Around 42 hours :)

... and I'm done too. Just over 44 hours on the clock. Game only froze for me once, on my last playthrough funnily enough, but I did encounter 2 glitches where I had to reset the console.

Really enjoyed exploring the game's world, finding all those hidden items.

Hope they go for the Pirates or Castle theme if there's going to be a follow up, but I'd still be happy with another City.

Nintendo sent an email offering 50 Star Points if you fill in a Lego City questionnaire - anyone else get it? - they asked how you would describe it to a friend in 250 chars or less and figured I'd post my answer here too.

A world so big and full of minute detail, it makes your head spin. Must be the, or one of the funniest games ever made. Beautiful, warm, charming & welcoming world where the sun always shines. Inspires the imagination in everyone, regardless of age.

What did everyone else answer, or would you answer to this question?

Nintendo sent an email offering 50 Star Points if you fill in a Lego City questionnaire - anyone else get it? - they asked how you would describe it to a friend in 250 chars or less and figured I'd post my answer here too.

What did everyone else answer, or would you answer to this question?

Bloody hell!! Bit positibe :)

I've only started the game and I'm far less impressed than that :) Load times and hit and miss humour dented things slightly, but I've played a couple of hours. I'll get stuck into it once onster hunter, luigis and nfs calm down. Hope I feel the same after investing more time!

Just finished the story mode. GOTY 2013? Very likely (the only real competition it has is Ni no Kuni, I'd say).

I don't think I've ever seen such an epic, entertaining and just absolutely perfect ending in a game before. And it's also the most hilarious game I've EVER played - I loved every second of the 19 hours and 35 minutes it took me.

Only got 21.1%, though, so I've still got TONS left to do. Yaaay~

(and god I can't wait to get the prequel in about two weeks)

Just ordered from Amazon... looking forward to this! Oooh yeah!!

It an hour or so in, it I'm really really not loving it. Far from it. Just reminds me ow much I absolutely detest open world games. I'm in mission 3, I have to build the boat, but i need loads of special bricks... I have to scan lots (which is painful in itself) but every single Ine I find I don't have the skills in the game to actually get it. So I just have to keep walking around,scanning, and hope I come across one that I can actually reach? Awesome. No wonder this game takes so long to complete. I've heard it gets better,but its seriously testing me at the minute. Especially as I have the incredible monster hunter,need for speed, luigis mansion, Toki tori and it trip runner 2 sat there!

If I wasn't promised it improves dramatically I'd bin it off.

There are two bricks right by the docks - one above a hut to the right of the police training area (if you face the back of the hq), and another by the radio tower just to the left of the same area (you need to break a dustbin, then build a small hand grip to get up to the climbable surface over head). If you've got those and are still short try going to the forest area from chapter 2 - there are loads of bricks hidden in tree stumps and laying around within easy reach.

The game gets a lot better after chapter 3 so stick with it!

As soon as I posted it I went on a wander and found some easily, I must have been unlucky with the first few I tried and didn't have the skills for. I enjoyed it in the end and loading times didn't break up play, so hopefully it'll steadily improve as there's a lot to love about it. I don't think I'll be as glowing as you guys as Minot a huge fan of the Lego gameplay and I'm not finding the script to be as strong as I expected it, so hit and miss, some nice moments but some embarassingly bad jokes too.

Looking forward to moving forward with it.

This in no way hampers the game, but I can't help playing it thinking "Man, little kid me would have dug this so much."

This in no way hampers the game, but I can't help playing it thinking "Man, little kid me would have dug this so much."

QFT.

I love that about this game. Games are generally too serious these days. I see enough macho shit and seriousness in daily life.

Give me rainbows, unicorns and talking LEGO figures cracking jokes at each other any day. :love:

@dazzybee frankly I don't think you're allowed to complain about anything until you stop posting from your ruddy iPad! Now that's something to complain about! ;)

This is easily the best WiiU game that I have at the moment, I've racked up 50+ hours and am at 98.8%. Most of the stuff I have left are character tokens. Love this game.

This is easily the best WiiU game that I have at the moment, I've racked up 50+ hours and am at 98.8%. Most of the stuff I have left are character tokens. Love this game.

Some of them are absolute bastards to get

Well this is a pain. I've just completed what I thought would be a 100% game, but I've come across a bug? I'm at 99.9% and the character screen is showing that I have one more character token to collect in 'special 1' it's showing 46/47 and I have 1 ? showing (between the weightlifter and skier).

The totals for all the characters shows 289/290 when I view it under LEGO City, but when I look at all the individual levels and areas they all show 100%. I don't know where or how to get this last character token.

Well this is a pain. I've just completed what I thought would be a 100% game, but I've come across a bug? I'm at 99.9% and the character screen is showing that I have one more character token to collect in 'special 1' it's showing 46/47 and I have 1 ? showing (between the weightlifter and skier).

The totals for all the characters shows 289/290 when I view it under LEGO City, but when I look at all the individual levels and areas they all show 100%. I don't know where or how to get this last character token.

Have you found all 5 ? Blocks and all 5 Starmen?

Have you found all 5 ? Blocks and all 5 Starmen?

ooh good point, I think I have found all the blocks, just not all the starmen. Thanks. Now to go searching, do they show up on your scanner?

After reading the credits, it seems NOA and NOE localised and tested the game, and Satora Iwata was the Executive Producer! I think that puts multiplat release hopes to bed.

Fantastic game so far and damn funny but fuck these loading times man.

100% done in around 55 total hours of gameplay. Loved every moment of it. I'm sure there may have been things that I haven't seen in the game too. There is just so much to explore, you always seem to find something new.

Completed the main story with 46% and 25 hours on the clock. Man that final level was amazing - the music was so epic too. I'm going to take my time getting the rest of the unlockables so this'll last me a good while yet. Really hope there's a proper Wii U sequel.