NEurope
Retro_Link

Lego City: Undercover

Story complete!

Wow, talk about an epic finale! :o

Awesome game. :cool:

Indeed, here's the music from the ending:

Three and a half minutes of pure epicness, repeat that Rockstar!

I just checked that this game has only sold about 300k worldwide. Mainly because of slow sales of Wii U and no advertising anywhere. Sad to see a great game like this go unnoticed, but what can I do.

Hopefully Nintendo and TT realize how great of a franchise this could become, and create a sequel. With a marketing push, it could really become phenomenal game. Maybe I should hint them in MiiVerse...

I got to chapter 8 yesterday, before jumping to MH to hunt with the N-E Brotherhood.

I started off playing the game by trying to get all the collectables I come across but soon learned that it was pointless to do so as I hadn't unlocked all of the abilities. I decided to just focus on the story and then clean up once that's done and dusted.

I LOOOOOOVE the music that hits when you have to do a chase/escape mission. It has hit a couple of times now and each time brings a smile on my face. :D

Also, Chan Chuang is freaking hilarious. :grin:

Indeed, here's the music from the ending:

Three and a half minutes of pure epicness, repeat that Rockstar!

I just checked that this game has only sold about 300k worldwide. Mainly because of slow sales of Wii U and no advertising anywhere. Sad to see a great game like this go unnoticed, but what can I do.

Hopefully Nintendo and TT realize how great of a franchise this could become, and create a sequel. With a marketing push, it could really become phenomenal game. Maybe I should hint them in MiiVerse...

Still, that's 1 in every 10 Wii U owners owning the game. That's not that bad

Not to mention that Lego games are like Mario & Pokémon titles in that they will continue to sell ages after their launch, unlike most games which sell great for the first month, then sales drop

I LOOOOOOVE the music that hits when you have to do a chase/escape mission. It has hit a couple of times now and each time brings a smile on my face. :D
Yeah, those car chase sections are awesome! :grin:

I was thinking about the atrocious loading on this again, and I reckon the devs really missed a trick there. As soon as they knew the game was going to have such long load times, they should have added an interactive aspect to them.

Even something simple like being able to move things around or doodle on the GamePad, or better yet a little mini-game on there. ;)

How cool would an 8-Bit LEGO mini-game have been while waiting for the main game to load? Could have made it so you collect bricks that transfer over to the main game too. :hehe:

Yeah, those car chase sections are awesome! :grin:

I was thinking about the atrocious loading on this again, and I reckon the devs really missed a trick there. As soon as they knew the game was going to have such long load times, they should have added an interactive aspect to them.

Even something simple like being able to move things around or doodle on the GamePad, or better yet a little mini-game on there. ;)

How cool would an 8-Bit LEGO mini-game have been while waiting for the main game to load? Could have made it so you collect bricks that transfer over to the main game too. :hehe:

I always liked the loading/match-up times in SSB:B giving you a chance to practice.

Story complete!

Man, what a freaking epic finish. Seriously! There are loads of big budget, AAA, serious games out there that wish they could have such a finale to their game. The music, setting and gameplay for the final section is simply fantastic. The music reminded me very much of Arrival from Halo 4, which is one of my favourite videogame tracks.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

In an industry that is pushing realism and violence this game is a serious breath of fresh air and makes you remember why you like to play games in the first place. You get the feeling that the developers had one thing in mind when creating this game: FUN! At the end of the day, isn't that why we play videogames? To have fun?

If this is the type of game Wii U owners will get in trade of the likes of Call of Duty, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto etc. then you can sign me up.

The music that plays at the start of the credits sums up the games message so well. Dontcha feel good? :)

This is a savage beast of a game. The loading times however are horrendous, without a doubt the worst I've ever seen. Even my nephew was switching off and getting annoyed waiting for the game to load. How can they be so bad? Is it poor coding? I know it has a large city to load but I'm sure even GTA had nothing like this.

This is a savage beast of a game. The loading times however are horrendous, without a doubt the worst I've ever seen. Even my nephew was switching off and getting annoyed waiting for the game to load. How can they be so bad? Is it poor coding? I know it has a large city to load but I'm sure even GTA had nothing like this.

You never had a Commodore Vic 20! Game on cassette, 20-30 mins loading time... and sometimes it'd crash before it finally loaded! And all for a game like BLITZ:

blitzscreen.png

Grafix!!!

At least the load music is funky as!

You never had a Commodore Vic 20! Game on cassette, 20-30 mins loading time... and sometimes it'd crash before it finally loaded! And all for a game like BLITZ:

blitzscreen.png

Grafix!!!

At least the load music is funky as!

SuperTed on the Amstrad CPC464. Me and my brother had to physically leave the room for 30 minutes or it wouldn't load up. Absolute nonsense, but whenever we sat there in would always crash! So off we went for 30 minutes, then came back ready for our quest to save poor old Spotty :)

I am house sitting for my girlfriend from Monday for a week, started this game a few weeks back but have saved it for this coming week, can't wait to get stuck in and spend some quality time with it! (as well my girlfriends cat, which I'm looking after. Refrain from jokes please...)

C'mon you know I'm talking about in the modern age. Yes I remember waiting on games like Shopper back on the Vic 20 but there should be no excuse these days for waiting 2 minutes on a loading screen.

C'mon you know I'm talking about in the modern age. Yes I remember waiting on games like Shopper back on the Vic 20 but should be no excuse these days for waiting 2 minutes on a loading screen.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted has a horrendous first loading time. Haven't timed it, but it's definitely over a minute and a half from pressing + on the Gamepad to actually being able to drive off. But, the game is freaking awesome and so does not bother me.

BTW, loading old Commodore 64 games like Danger Mouse and Rambo would have my brother and I shouting many curses and threatening the C64 with dismantlement to get it working. 'Screwdriver ... screwdriver ..." If no threat came forward, it would always crash after 3 mins loading. Kids don't know their born today.

Edited by londragon

It's 2 minutes 45 from clicking the Lego icon on the Wii U menu to starting the game.

Often it was so frustrating loading the games on the C64, waiting 30 minutes only for it to crash at the last second or dying after a minute only to go through it all again. How can anyone forget the multicoloured loading screen lines.

c64.jpg

Thank God those days are gone. How did we tolerate it? I guess because we had no choice. The 1 good thing,however, about those days was that the games were far cheaper.

C'mon you know I'm talking about in the modern age. Yes I remember waiting on games like Shopper back on the Vic 20 but there should be no excuse these days for waiting 2 minutes on a loading screen.

GTA IV on the PC has horrendous loading times too. From clicking the icon to killing a hooker takes a good 3-4 mins!

It's 2 minutes 45 from clicking the Lego icon on the Wii U menu to starting the game.

Often it was so frustrating loading the games on the C64, waiting 30 minutes only for it to crash at the last second or dying after a minute only to go through it all again. How can anyone forget the multicoloured loading screen lines.

c64.jpg

Thank God those days are gone. How did we tolerate it? I guess because we had no choice. The 1 good thing,however, about those days was that the games were far cheaper.

That screenshot takes me back! If you had any game that needed the tape to be turned over during the loading process you knew you had a slim chance of getting it to work.... As Londragon said, kids these days really don't know how good they have things.

That said I agree that load times like the ones in this game really should be a thing of the past, the fact that you need to sit through a full on loading screen before you even get to the start menu is terrible. Love everything else about it tho!

I just read, that there's an update available for this game. I don't know what it does, but reportedly it does not reduce the loading times.

I just read, that there's an update available for this game. I don't know what it does, but reportedly it does not reduce the loading times.

No need, those loading times give me chance to Facebook, check out n-europe, generally t'internet... all whilst playing a game. Genius! :)

Right amazing game... now at 80.8%... But how do I get to the 'Statue of Liberty' bit... is that only open after you 100% the game, and if so then you can't 100% a game, then do more...?

Confused?

There was a secret Warp Pipe to the Statue of Liberty somewhere, but I forget where.

Maybe it was in around that small colosseum-like building close to the museum?

Is it possible to use the T-Rex outside of missions, would be a lot of fun that's all

Is it possible to use the T-Rex outside of missions, would be a lot of fun that's all

I 100%'d it and never found a way to do it... even re-doing the mission didn't give me the T-Rex! :(

LEGO City Undercover Wii U Bundle Launching October 18 For Europe

lego-city-undercover-wii-u-boxart.jpg

In amongst The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U bundle there’s also another launching for Europe. Though not as exciting as the Zelda bundle with the special Hylian design embossed on the GamePad, LEGO City Undercover will launch in combination with a Wii U premium on October 18. Nintendo previously bundled the LEGO City Undercover title with a limited edition figurine of Chase McCain, but there’s been no word on whether it will be included in the new bundle. It’s reportedly priced at £249.99, the same as the Zelda Wii U bundle.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/29/lego-city-undercover-wii-u-bundle-launching-october-18-for-europe/#comment-617703

Figure it's relevant to both topics.

Though it's not known yet I'd presume the game is a digital download the same as WindWaker.

Managed to pick this up, surprisingly with the toy, for £30 in my local Sainsburys today. Not seen it there before Friday so wondering if it's stock re-allocation or clearance, but given it's not much cheaper at CEX I thought I'd snap it up. I'm so poor I've gone into a spending delierium, so I shouldn't have, but I've kinda stopped caring. After I finish Kirby I'm gonna run through Shovel Knight, and then think I might hit up this. Hopefully in for a treat!

Given how Monolith Soft are releasing packs onto the eShop to reduce loading times in Xenoblade Chronicles X I was thinking that Traveller's Tales could do the same for Lego City Undercover. If there's one Wii U game that needs it more than any other it's this game.