NEurope
daftada

Mass Effect 3

Man, I hope this will flop.

Nintendo fanboys don't deserve Mass Effect.

Thing is I'd have bought the Trilogy on Wii U in an instant!

But even with the extra's they are putting into this game I think it's difficult to get into the series in the third installment. I don't really see what you're getting for doing so.

As it is [if I decide I'm interested in Mass Effect] I'm probably looking at getting the trilogy on the PS3 now.

There's literally no reason to buy this version over the Trilogy, so that's definitely the way to go. You'll get way more Mordin that way, and you'll get to decide if Ashley's racism or Kaidan's whining gets on your nerves more!

How about this for an extra kick in the nuts? Turns out that the new "Omega" DLC is coming to all platforms except for Wii U.

Dat Unprecedented Shaftership!

How about this for an extra kick in the nuts? Turns out that the new "Omega" DLC is coming to all platforms except for Wii U.

What are EA at? If they deliberately tried to make people despise them they couldn't do a better job.

Source? :cry:

Source? :cry:

its from this exchange on twitter:

i guess there is still a chance judging by the Never say never comment.

Speculation is EA & Nintendo had a bit of a falling-out after Nintendo decided not to use Origin for their online stuff after all and EA is basically going to be a bitch about it with tepid support - hence this bizzarity when a full trilogy is also being made available to 360 & PS3.

Something to be noted is that paid DLC on Wii U won't be supported until the December update, so it is possible that it may happen then.

Then again, EA would've rightfully have just said that it would be coming out next month instead then...

Talking about a kick in the nuts, according to Jeremy Parish of 1UP, Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U has technical issues. He explains:

This version of ME3 seems a lot less visually stable than, say, the Xbox 360 version — the frame rate is choppier, the animation seems rougher. The audio suffers, too; while the music and sound effects have come over fine, all the dialogue has a hollow, echoing quality to it.

Good job EA.

EA are one of the most horrible companies in gaming - and sadly one of the biggest. They have destroyed beloved franchises, have an appalling record for shutting down servers and removing the ability to play games online and are one of the companies to be agressively pushing online passes which essentially lowers the resale value of their games.

Clearly they have done everything they can to make this game a dud. From releasing it as a stand alone when the trilogy is out on other systems to charging a higher price and not including the DLC.

However these things could almost be forgiven if the game was the definitive version of ME3 and played to all the strengths of the Wii U. But instead the game also happens to be a shoddy port. What a JOKE.

EA are literally the worst publisher in the industry and they're obviously trying to screw Nintendo and the Wii U.

EA are one of the most horrible companies in gaming - and sadly one of the biggest. They have destroyed beloved franchises, have an appalling record for shutting down servers and removing the ability to play games online and are one of the companies to be agressively pushing online passes which essentially lowers the resale value of their games.

Clearly they have done everything they can to make this game a dud. From releasing it as a stand alone when the trilogy is out on other systems to charging a higher price and not including the DLC.

However these things could almost be forgiven if the game was the definitive version of ME3 and played to all the strengths of the Wii U. But instead the game also happens to be a shoddy port. What a JOKE.

EA are literally the worst publisher in the industry and they're obviously trying to screw Nintendo and the Wii U.

Yeah, I so hope that when they start to argue that Wii U has no audience for core titles, they get destroyed by their attitude with this.

They have no reason to want to fal on the wii u. Other than pettiness. Surely they wouldn't?!

They have no reason to want to fal on the wii u. Other than pettiness. Surely they wouldn't?!

The same thing could be said about their snubbing of the Dreamcast...

Their attitude on Wii U has a solid historical precedent, it really isn't outlandish to believe.

The only way to really stick it to EA is to not buy their games (on any platform) and instead support the publishers who are actually putting out first class efforts on Wii U (Hi ZombiU and Ubisoft!)

Did you read the stuff that leaked about Nintendo and EA? It fits considering how gushy EA were last year about the console, and how they feel now

Bumping this just out of curiousity. Does anyone here have M.E. 3: S.E. for their Wii U? Any impressions/feedback?

ShopTo are selling it for just under £30:

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu/WIIUMA01-mass-effect-3-special-effect

The reviews have been very good so far. Averaging 87% on Metacritic.

The biggest sticking points would be the lack of DLC and the graphical performance being inferior to the Xbox version.

I have looked at the reviews for the DLC missions, Omega and Leviathan - a real mixed bag. I can see them being non-essential...

Should I just get it for my PC or Xbox (at a better price)? I do have existing profiles from M.E. 2 (PC) ready to import.

Should I just get it for my PC or Xbox (at a better price)? I do have existing profiles from M.E. 2 (PC) ready to import.

I think you just answered your own question. ;)

There seems to be little reason to get the Wii U version if you own any of the other systems the game was released on, so I'd get the PC version if I were you. It's cheaper and you get to carry over your save file.

Continuing your game across the three games is one of the best things about the franchise.

It's settled, PC version for £11! Thanks for your opinions.

If the price of the Wii U version falls any further, I might grab it for the living room setup. I've tended to play as the 'good cop' with my previous save files, so I might give the 'evil bastard' approach a go on the isolated console.

Edited by SirToastaLot

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Without the first two games, Mass Effect 3 has no reason for existing.

Without the first two games, Mass Effect 3 has no reason for existing.

Don't say that, I'm getting it for Xmas :)