NEurope
daftada

Mass Effect 3

Happy to see this being announced but I just literally started playing this yesterday. Dammit! If it launches with Wii U and has all the DLC free on the disc I think I could be tempted with a second FemShep play-through :)

Anyone else double-dipping?

Edited by Retro_Link

I already finished this two months ago with my Shepard that I carried with me through three games. By the time the Wii U launches, this game will be ancient history.

I don't even see the point for people who haven't played the series yet. What are they doing jumping into the trilogy with the last game? :p

Kind of pointless for Nintendo gamers, but good they somehow got such a big franchise on board.

Seriously though, eh.

This is one of few Wii U titles I'm excited about.

If they'll make some proper improvements of the gameplay, I might rebuy it.

Imagine swaping weapons on the touch pad, or quickly picking powers with the touch of the screen, rather than using the wheel.

Heck, having a map on your screen and giving your squaddies commands super quickly.

One thing Iwata said was quite true. I have somewhat bad eyesight, and I hate reading the codec on my screen. Imagine getting it on your tablet instead.

And of course, I hope you'll be able to get Samus as a squadmate.

As I've stated before: I'm hoping this is an excuse to get Commander Shepard as an unlockable character in Smash Bros.

Unfortunately, without the first two games, this version will be very lacking.

The right way to do it would've been a Mass Effect double pack with ME2 and ME3 bundled together.

I'd like to say trilogy, but obviously Microsoft prevents that from happening.

Just bizarre, like people say, why JUST the 3rd game? Anyone who has played the first 2 will have played the 3rd if they wanted to a long time ago on another device. It's a ridiculous. Yeah it's a big game, but it's a cheap port for launch which doesn't really make sense. It should be all 3 games in a pack, same with Batman. But no, cycnial cash-ins. And these are supposed to be the big 3rd party support.

I already finished this two months ago. I don't even see the point. What are they doing?*

I didn't care about Mass Effect before and I certainly don't care about Mass Effect now..

*Quote may have been cropped for own personal enjoyment..

I'm with Hogge on this, it could be good.

I've had ME3 since launch, but all the talk of the ending put me off so i played multiplayer since then, and have only just got to the end missions.

I had planned on playing through from 1-3 as Femsheppard once done, so i might get this for WiiU

do hope we get ME2 (since ME1 was xbox/pc exclusive)

Lets hope at least the expanded ending is on the disk, so at least one version of the game is complete

Well I've got Mass Effect 2 still sealed ready to play on my PS3.

So could get ME3 on Wii U!

Hang on, I won't be able to transfer/carry the game on!

OK that is a fail! :p

I didn't care about enjoyment..

Oh, Nando... :sad:

This would be a terrible jumping-on point, though, so feel free to ignore Mass Effect for a while longer.

^I do think people who miss out on Mass Effect are being deprived of one of the most important franchises of this generation. I absolutely love the series.

That's the best thing about this coming to Wii U really. Despite it being a kind of gimped Mass Effect experience, at least Nintendo-only gamers get an opportunity to step into the universe.

Just bizarre, like people say, why JUST the 3rd game? Anyone who has played the first 2 will have played the 3rd if they wanted to a long time ago on another device. It's a ridiculous. Yeah it's a big game, but it's a cheap port for launch which doesn't really make sense. It should be all 3 games in a pack, same with Batman. But no, cycnial cash-ins. And these are supposed to be the big 3rd party support.

Well, thing is that ME3 is adapted to let people whom haven't played the first two games. EA want to sell more copies of ME3 than they've sold ME2. Let's face it, people are already buying ME3 without knowing the backstory.

The Playstation gamers still haven't received a port of ME1, instead they got an interactive comic. It's likely there'll be the same thing here, only one which also contains the events of ME2.

And also, launching ME3 at launch doesen't prevent them from launching ME2 later, perhaps with ALL the DLC already on the disc.

Yes, bundling ME2+3 would be great. But I'm hoping that EA at least will give us some exclusive content, or at least improved graphics.

The way i see it, this game give Nintendo an amazing online multiplayer at launch as a bare minimum

Mass Effect for Wii U?

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

Now stick Shepard and the gang into Smash Bros!

On a more serious note: this is one of extremely few decent titles for the Wii U, how was this thread buried so fast? Aren't you hyped over how the gamepad is going to be utilised? I'm certain that the microphone in the tablet will emulate the Kinect functionality in dialogues.

Then having your powers accessible on the tablet?

And of course Wii U lovers will get the privilege of the Extended Cut from day one. Perhaps even some DLC will be included on the disc.

Edited by darkjak

How was this thread buried so fast? Maybe because every Mass Effect fan played already played this game two months ago. :heh:

And whatever extra Wii U bonuses they add won't change the fact that this is just the last third of the story.

It's like being excited because they finally released a Harry Potter novel in English starting with Deathly Hallows - but hey, it's a few pages longer and there are some illustrations now, so it's all good.

Edit: Or maybe it's more like never having watched a Star Wars movie before and starting with an extended cut of Return of the Jedi. :p

This is a weird choice, I wonder if they will add the story of ME2 to the beginning.

I don;t know what the deal is with this ending, confuses me even more about "fixing" the ending...

I do hope this and batman etc all have the DLC of the games too. If they don't it will be even more shameful

I'm quite certain that EA are going to bring out more Mass Effect. It's too big of a franchise to kill off. We can hope that EA are going to bring out ME2 as well, maybe even buy the ME1 distribution rights from Microsoft so the Wii U and PS3 can get ports (unlikely).

It's more likely that EA are releasing ME3 to make Wii U owners buy the upcoming spinoffs.

They've already said were getting more Mass Effect, Just that Shepard's story has ended

This made my day:

Wii U ME3 has an enhanced storyline.

I really hope it's not just the extended cut, but an all new bunch of Wii U exclusive content. Then I can nearly guarantee you I'll buy the N7 edition (missed out the first time around). Even if I won't even have a Wii U yet.

I'm pretty sure it's just the free storyline content (plus paid DLC out before then) coming sometime this summer on other consoles.

Otherwise the entire EA staff would be castrated by Mass Effect fans.

Yeah, the extended ending would be my guess.

Content that's exclusive to one console is a horrible practice, anyway.

Yeah, the extended ending would be my guess.

Content that's exclusive to one console is a horrible practice, anyway.

Talking about the Wii U getting the Extended Cut ain't news. The extended cut is coming this summer, and the Wii U version not getting it on the disc would basically be a scandal.

Whether exclusive content is good or bad could be debated. Depends on the content. If there's no rime or reason, then it's bad. But for example, I don't think it's bad how they added a unique character for each version of Soul Calibur 2. And don't forget how some limited editions of games (*cough*N7 edition)

Also, Nintendo fans won't be getting ME1, and likely not even ME2. They should get SOMETHING in return.