NEurope
darksnowman

NEW! Super Mario Bros. U

Skyward Sword. Oooh, Cezanne! New Mario? Aaahh, Van Gogh!

And next up...Animal Crossing inspired by Warhol

Nook_Warhol.jpg

WHY ARE YOU SO BORING?

"We were thinking about what to call the game, and thought about adding the word 'U' to the title."

Yes.

I strongly dislike the Miis and will never understand Nintendo's obsession with them.

I strongly dislike the Miis and will never understand Nintendo's obsession with them.
Don't use 'em then. ::shrug:

Or does the fact that they're an optional extra bother you just the same? :heh:

Gameplay footage from E3.

Again; why does this suddenly look so good with off-screen footage when Nintendo's official press video fails to literally paint a true picture? They are seriously starting to f**k with my head this year.

This looks fun but there's absolutely NOTHING new. Gameplay wise it's exactly like every other NSMB game. Not to mention reused graphics, sounds etc. Just lazy.

OK admitedly that gameplay looked like a lot of fun! :D

The co-op Game Pad controls added ALOT to the enjoyment of that, helping one another out.

Not really sure why the platforms you add in are wierdly coloured chess suit platforms?

---

Nostalgia Moment:

Also, anyone miss the days when coloured Yoshi's had their own individuality/it meant something?

Blue could fly, Red breathed fire, Yellow kicked up a sandstorm and Green was your old faithful. It gave them more personality and they felt special. Now the majority of the time they're just any old colour and all the same.

Good to see a pink/purple Yoshi here being baloon Yoshi.

I thought it looked pretty damn sweet to be honest! I love classic platforming and can't get enough of these titles. There was one NSMB on Wii, I'd say I'm about ready for another!

Man 1080p that footage and full screen it, Damn I am now back on dat Wii U hype train.

Don't use 'em then. ::shrug:

Or does the fact that they're an optional extra bother you just the same? :heh:

It's really hard to ignore them when Nintendo insists on shoving them into every other game.

Can't even enjoy a game of Mario Kart Wii without seeing Miis everywhere. :p

I wouldn't be surprised if soon we saw a Zelda where "for the first time, you are Link!" That would save them the trouble of having to model a bunch of HD characters, too.

I got to say, that Van Gogh style in the background was absolutely stunning stuff!

Good-Feel should do an entire game in that style or something.

Or they could've Van Gogh-a-fied the New Mario game instead of slapping 'NEW' and 'U' on it.

Man 1080p that footage and full screen it, Damn I am now back on dat Wii U hype train.

Confirmed as 720p :)

So watched some gameplay footage and I think it looks good.

I understand a bit why NSMW wasn't liked as much, but I enjoyed the DS one. The series doesn't seem to be liked much. My biggest complaint about the new ones is that there is 2 new NSMB games coming out and possibly quite close to each other.

A Mario game where Mario destroys everything by turning it into money... What could that be a metaphor for?

*Looks back at Nintendos press conference*

Oh!

A Mario game where Mario destroys everything by turning it into money... What could that be a metaphor for?

*Looks back at Nintendos press conference*

Oh!

That's the other New Super Mario Bros! :p

See, there are too many of these games!

The series doesn't seem to be liked much.

If I were to go by what I read on some pages, I'd also come to the conclusion that CoD isn't liked much. :heh:

Confirmed as 720p :)

I know, I meant set youtube to 1080p for the footage.

So watched some gameplay footage and I think it looks good.

I understand a bit why NSMW wasn't liked as much, but I enjoyed the DS one. The series doesn't seem to be liked much. My biggest complaint about the new ones is that there is 2 new NSMB games coming out and possibly quite close to each other.

I agree, Ike. Nintendo really would be bonkers not to make one of these for each machine.

I'm very annoyed Yellow Toad and Blue Toad are back, again with no differing personality or even proper names. Would it have killed them to bring back SMB2's character roster?

OR, make the Toads characters from Mario Galaxy's Toad Brigade... with little names and differences other than the characters.

OR Toad and Toadette. Perfect!

I just... I really can't stand those two Toads. :P

To me it just perfectly sums up the games. Lazy.

Just those two Toads alone are enough to stop me buying/supporting these games.

I really hope the visuals are only finished for world 1, the background looks fantastic there and shockingly Nintendo actually bothered to mix up the art style a tad with it. The rest of the worlds (that spooky level apart), look totally devoid of any creativity or interest.

I really do :( I was never that bad at the DS one!

Fun fact #2: I'm really good at putting blocks in places to make @Ashley die.

It's clear to see that despite a few grumbles NSMB is very popular. The series has sold around 56 million units across 2 titles.

Nintendo are launching a new console, they're going all out to launch it with the most commercially successful titles they can.

On home consoles we've only had a single 2D Mario game since the SNES, I love 2D Mario games, I'll be getting this at launch!