NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

Quite excited about the (potential...has it been confirmed for sure?) Flashpoint film. Hope that it can be pulled off as it's a story I'd love to see in a live action movie format.

Trying my best to not watch these Justice League trailers...not long now.

Apparently the Flashpoint movie has been confirmed as just The Flash one they've been working on.

Hmm, not sure how to take that then.

Of all of the new films, The Flash is the one I'm excited about the least. We've got an on-going tv show (with an already established Flash...but that's another argument) to satisfy us.

Wonder if it'll be like a 'doorway' where they introduce The Flash and Flashpoint universe and then introduce the other DC heroes (Batman, etc) into it in a second movie? I dunno.

There is a chance they could use it to reboot the whole universe.

3 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Apparently the Flashpoint movie has been confirmed as just The Flash one they've been working on.

Well, I mean, Flashpoint is arguably the most well known Flash-centric comic that is just as much a Justice League story, and I'm fairly confident that this will shake up the DCEU at least as much as Civil War did the MCU (and serve as a JL 1.5 by all means by my reckoning). 

I also highly doubt it's the one they've been working on for some time, what with the 3 directors it's had - and lost - and the numerous treatments the script has gone through, though if it is reshaping the future of the DCEU, it's entirely possible that it is (but then again, the three directors they had on board prior to this announcement weren't exactly bona fide blockbuster directors, let alone directors that have shown that they're capable of pulling such a story off) considering just how many treatments it's gone through.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

There is a chance they could use it to reboot the whole universe.

That has a massive risk attached to it. Fans are only just getting used to certain actors in certain roles and being a specific way. It could have potential to confuse some of the audience. A big criticism of Batman vs. Superman was that it was too confusing and the audience were critical of Lex Luthor's portrayal.

2 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

That has a massive risk attached to it. Fans are only just getting used to certain actors in certain roles and being a specific way. It could have potential to confuse some of the audience. A big criticism of Batman vs. Superman was that it was too confusing and the audience were critical of Lex Luthor's portrayal.

Well, I mean, that's exactly what would happen if an actor wanted out, and Ben Affleck supposedly wants out. Lex Luthor could then be recast, too. 

I think the biggest problem with DC so far is just how far off the portrayals of many major characters are in comparison to the character that many of the audience know them for being (such as Batman willingly killing people). It's not that the films are too dark, in front of the lens or in the script, but that people simply don't recognise these characters as the ones they know, which is why I'd argue that Spider-Man: Homecoming is a great film in that it clearly portrays a Peter Parker/Spider-Man that everyone already feels attached to due to such familiarity (pushed further by the orchestral take on the theme song).

I think the confirmation of The Batman yesterday proves Ben Affleck isn't in as much of a huff as rumours suggest, or at least is under a strict contract :heh:

Still, if they swapped him out for Jeffrey Dean Morgan because of Flashpoint that would be something!

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

I think the confirmation of The Batman yesterday proves Ben Affleck isn't in as much of a huff as rumours suggest, or at least is under a strict contract :heh:

I'm leaning towards the latter, considering just how long those rumours have persisted for. If the order of film announcements reflects the order in which the films are planned to be released, inactually think we have more of a reason now to believe he'll be leaving (with Flashpoint after The Batman, it's entirely possible that they came to an agreement to see how things go and that if Ben still desires to leave, they'll usher him out much more smoothly than would have been possible).

Looks pretty good, nice and colourful. Shame that Superman won't be in it though.

The CGI still looks atrocious, especially on Cyborg. 

They better nail the return of Superman in this. It's the only thing I'm really looking forward to seeing in this movie, especially as Danny Elfman teased the original Superman theme.

I think that's the worst trailer I've seen for this movie. There was simply no oomph to it. Still looking forward to the movie, though.

And I'm not sure if Ezra Miller is a good Barry Allen. Something seems off about him.

Just now, MindFreak said:

And I'm not sure if Ezra Miller is a good Barry Allen. Something seems off about him.

Everything seems off about him. He looks like the worst part of it to me.

• Like 1

I'm brimming with excitement. Looks rad. Perfect choice of song, great looking visuals, everyone smiles at one point in the trailer, didn't ruin the bad guy, didn't ruin Superman, but teased him perfectly.

I love Ezra Miller. He is a genuine joy to watch in interviews.

It's the Justice League, fuck yeah.

Edited by Daft

I think it looks good. Definitely feel more positive than I did about BvS, but maybe that's just because Wonder Woman was so refreshingly decent.

Sounds like the initial reviews for Justice League are a bit middling. Saying its a ok to good movie but at least seems to be heading in the right direction.

Well, honestly, have we ever expected anything better? I think it'll be good fun but nothing great.

From what I've seen, the story is meh, the pacing is a bit off but the character stuff is spot on and makes you want to see more.

Also, worth watching if you want to be brought up to speed at all. A nicely put together video, there are no spoilers.

Edited by Daft

Starting to see advertisement for this and now I'm sad that I can't go see it in the cinema (right away) and might have to wait for it to hit VOD as with Thor 3 and Spider-man Homecoming. 

Tickets booked for Friday. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I just hope I get some kind of epic Superman scene. That's all I want from this. 

I snapped up Wonder Woman on bluray today. I've yet to see it and figured I'd watch it tomorrow in prep for this.