N-Europe

RUMOUR - Possible Wii U eShop games in development

daftada

Take this list with a HUGE pinch of salt. This was posted on Dual Pixels earlier, and is supposedly a list of games being developed for the Wii U eShop. I don't think the list is legit but it does offer up some interesting 'what ifs'.

I'd love a new Crystal Chronicles game at some point, the Wii U controller would be perfect for it!

Level 5

* Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision

* Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)

* Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)

* World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom

* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)

* Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)

* Boom Blox Wii U (EA)

* NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)

* Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)

* Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)

* Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games

* Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai

* Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)

* Meteos (Namco Bandai)

* Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon

* Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo

* Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)

* Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)

* Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa

* Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

* Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)

* Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)

* Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

* Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse

* Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix

* Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)

* Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games

* The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft

* UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium

* Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)

* I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve

* Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)

* DotA 2 (Valve

Counter Strike Global Offensive Wii-U? Would be awesome.

Only with Wiimote(+) support. Depending on when the game will be released, I'd even think a WiiU-port might be likely.

I've gotten extremely skeptical about these rumored game lists. Where are they supposed to come from? A source close to Nintendo? How is that source supposed to gain access to huge lists of games in development by various developers? Whenever a game list appeared that turned out to be a legit rumor, it seems to me that it only consisted of a handful of games at most.

Not to mention that this is a 1 year old niche site that seems unlikely to have reliable contacts in or close to the industry who might actually be privy to such information.

Edited by Burny

With Post University online degrees, you can earn a degree or certificate on your own schedule, without putting your life on hold. Completing an online degree program allows busy professionals like you to further your education and career opportunities in a flexible, convenient and supportive way. You'll also be learning with other working adults and talented faculty in a highly interactive online format.

This list also suggests that Nintendo have put a harddrive in the console.

Edit: Although Nintendo have apparently been listening to feedback and have made many changes, so a HDD is pretty likely.

Edited by Cube

This list also suggests that Nintendo have put a harddrive in the console.

Why? Support for USB hard drives has been confirmed last E3. I can totally see Nintendo delegating the cost of providing the harddrive itself to the consumers.

The current solution is far and away the best one: let the user use whatever HDD or SD card they want as external storage, but include a small amount (probably 8GB) of flash storage built-in just to get people started.

Keeps the cost of the system down, less moving parts = more reliable and efficient hardware, AND it keeps ridiculously over-priced proprietary memory out of the question. Lol Sony.

Plus, fluctuating costs for harddrives in such sad events as floods in Thailand won't affect the cost for the system's components. That may be cold speculation, but it might also be a consideration for Nintendo.

Err can some explain to me (someone who actually plays it if pos) how WoW would even work? Surely no keyboard = no dice?

I assume it's like most other MMORPG's which have many shortcuts mapped to the 'F' keys, in the case of the Wii U you could just have shortcuts mapped to the touch screen and even a virtual keyboard for communication so I'd imagine it could be done quite easily.

Would it happen though? Unlikely.

I assume it's like most other MMORPG's which have many shortcuts mapped to the 'F' keys, in the case of the Wii U you could just have shortcuts mapped to the touch screen and even a virtual keyboard for communication so I'd imagine it could be done quite easily.

Would it happen though? Unlikely.

Aside from the fact that that pretty much rules out the chat function entirely. :hmm:

Now if they hard coded a teamspeak function into the U-mote then that would have some potential but yeah totally unlikely.

As much as I'd love Okamiden HD, we all know it'll never happen (much like everything else on this list bar a few, like Tony Hawks and probably The Walking Dead). And it'll never happen because none of you bought the game originally on the DS.

Hang. Your. Heads. In. Shame. :nono::laughing:

As much as I'd love Okamiden HD, we all know it'll never happen (much like everything else on this list bar a few, like Tony Hawks and probably The Walking Dead). And it'll never happen because none of you bought the game originally on the DS.

Hang. Your. Heads. In. Shame. :nono::laughing:

I JUST STARTED OKAMI!

GET OFF MY CASE!:grin:

But that's a reason for it to actually happen. Due to a complete lack of marketing and only being available online or in HMV, it never got the chance it deserved.

Fixed for you ;) If they were doing it as an XBLA/PSN/Wii U Ware title, then yeah I could see them going for it as they'll recoup costs through all 3 download services but is it a risk Capcom would be willing to take when they've been burned with the Okami series 3 times in a row now? I've my fingers crossed as I loved Okamiden but tbh, I'm not majorly hopeful it'll happen.

I JUST STARTED OKAMI!

GET OFF MY CASE!:grin:

lol :laughing: NEVER!!! Not until you admit that it was your fault, single-handedly, that Okami/-den failed!!! :p