NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

I did consider this with the olympics, but decided London's become somewhat of a tradition so I wanted to keep it up. It's also slightly out of my depth making a meetup thread for anywhere else, as I'm more oblivious to them than london. Nobody is/was stopping anyone making a meet elsewhere, they should have just decided to pre-empt this. If people really want to, it can be not-london, but now it's gonna get confusing as we all um and ah and essentially not actually make a decision. I find it that people only seem to suggest somewhere else once someone else makes a meetup thread/suggestion, why don't they ever do it beforehand?

No, I think this thread should totally be the London one - it's your meet, organise it how you will!

Because you've made a meet up thread for the summer, at the start of january.

Because of the olympics. Normally it'd be done much later and I did wonder if it was too early, but decided to start planning. What I was hoping most for is to find out more if it'd cost people ridiculous amounts to come to london around the time, then see if we move it somewhere else. My only problem with somewhere else, as I said, is it's more difficult for me to arrange something without knowing the area etc. I don't mean to come across as dickish in my response, it's still good to know if people would rather avoid london on the whole.

I know it gets said every year and the same replies of "nobodies stopping you making your own", but considering the olympics will make it harder/more expensive, wouldn't it make more sense to have it somewhere else? Yes I could just go and set up another meet, but if there's already a London one that people are going to, then nobody (apart from a few locals) will turn up. It's not as if we're going to be doing stuff that requires we're in London. We could easily be in any city/large town.

But....., this could be the last chance for us all. You know, with the world ending as such.

As Rummy mentioned, London seems to be the traditional city. It's central-based, so easy access from all major routes. We could have a meet set-up in another city, but it could prevent/make it harder for members to reach.

And, we will need to make alternative arrangements in the case that rain prevents the play-out of Plan A. I know a few people (*cough* Rummy) were annoyed at the confusion and not having a solid back-up plan that didn't consist of us squashing into a small, already full cafe. Or into a tunnel under a busy road, with additional company consisting of doggy do-do and a duck.

And if an alternative city is required, may i suggest Cardiff. It's on the main line, has an airport with good links via public transport. And has nice park areas.

Edited by Jimbob

End of June seems to be the feeling I'm getting and that won't wash with me I'm afraid. My girl was born 28th June so whatever Saturday that is nearest to will be taken up with birthday celebrations.

We should organise a Cheshire/North-West meet! (Not me organising though; I'm lazy.)

Well, the 28th June is a Thursday, so the weekend after would be likely for that. That weekend is also the start of the Olympics, so we want to avoid it anyway.

As Rummy mentioned, London seems to be the traditional city. It's central-based,

Central?

Edited by Cube

Central?

Ok, my spelling isn't as it used to be. It wasn't much to begin with to be fair.

Well, the 28th June is a Thursday, so the weekend after would be likely for that. That weekend is also the start of the Olympics, so we want to avoid it anyway.

Central?

Nooo! The olympics start end of july! You're talking end of june :p

Nooo! The olympics start end of july! You're talking end of june :p

Oh. My mistake. Still, I think the 23rd/24th June may be a good date.

Won't be able to confirm until much later. I intend to be in Australia around then, but not sure when yet.

SYDNEY MEET-UP CONFIRMED

Or into a tunnel under a busy road, with additional company consisting of doggy do-do and a duck

:D

That made me giggle.

It appears I have no plans for the summer, so all it depends on is when I'm done with my last exam for the semester. :)

Filling in that form made it clear to me that I have far too much stuff going on.

The last week or June / first week of July won't work for me :/ if we are going late June might I suggest the 23rd rather than the 30th?

:D

That made me giggle.

It wasn't just a duck. It was a duck sitting on top of her babies in order to keep them dry.

Because, y'know, duckings hate water.

I'd prefer early June but for all I know I'll be in Scotland anyway. Dunno/who knows/argh.

Plan without me.

Absolutely :) Whys the hells nots? I'll give you a buzz once I'm over the jetlag and a bit settled in my routine to see, if that's alright?

So are we any closer to a date for this yet? I need to book the time off work if I'm going to help Dannyboy out.

I need to know a date as well so i can request it off from work asap. They get very funny with holidays, look at what occured last year. I should have been in work, even though i requested it off and had it approved, they chose to cancel it and call me 9am Saturday whilst i was on the way to Goafer + Rez.

I need to know a date as well so i can request it off from work asap. They get very funny with holidays, look at what occured last year. I should have been in work, even though i requested it off and had it approved, they chose to cancel it and call me 9am Saturday whilst i was on the way to Goafer + Rez.

Considering you were told about a month before the actual meet that you'd have to be working and then proceeded to tell everyone on here repeatedly about it and how you were risking your job to go to that meet, I dont think you can really complain.