NEurope
Goafer

N-E Award Suggestions

Added.

Well I know that, I meant more that I have no idea who does what behind the scenes.

Ah, understood.

Still, stylin' rhymes, no?

Well I know that, I meant more that I have no idea who does what behind the scenes.
I log in as you, awkwardly flirt with nightwolf and then log out.

I log in as you, awkwardly flirt with nightwolf and then log out.

I wondered who that was.

When I flirt, you can actually feel the breeze from all the ladypants dropping.

I wondered who that was.

When I flirt, you can actually feel the breeze from all the ladypants dropping.

I read that as "ladyparts"

Is that wrong?

My slight bias towards the graphics staff is going to show here but would it be better to split the personal awards particularly the staff of the year into forum members member of the year awards and staff members member of the year awards?

I'll relate that back to the point made regarding graphics staff members because I know that myself, Eddage and GCTonyHawk7 are in with little chance of an award due to the fact that nobody, a side form the staff, knows who makes what for the site.

If I don't win best sigs this year then heads will roll, the amount of people who currently have a sig I made is rather large :heh:

I brought up the point, last year, about graphics staff not really getting a look in as no one knows which one of us does what, unlike news/reviews which have the staff members name with them. I was ignored.

This year I've seen your talent. :)

Yeah but there's not an award for bigges...

Oh, you mean best sigs.

I don't think we should have anywhere near this many awards. Do we really need 27 personal awards? We don't have many more active users.

And 12 "best game" awards. Really? I don't think I've even played 12 games from this year.

I agree theres probably too many personal ones but I dont see any need to cut down the gaming ones. Looking through the list they all look good to me. Plus its been a pretty great year gaming-wise.

Feel free to suggest which ones to cut.

Although you could have said something before the day that I'm supposed to create them.

If I don't win best sigs this year then heads will roll, the amount of people who currently have a sig I made is rather large :heh:

I brought up the point, last year, about graphics staff not really getting a look in as no one knows which one of us does what, unlike news/reviews which have the staff members name with them. I was ignored.

I will also kick the fuck off on behalf of Eddage if he does not win this. :laughing:

See that beautiful sig of mine below - all his handy work!

:love:

I think that having many is fine. You don't have to vote in them all.

If I don't win best sigs this year then heads will roll, the amount of people who currently have a sig I made is rather large :heh:.

Yeah but they're all rubbish yo.

*runs off*

*no need to though because this is the internet*

I think that having many is fine. You don't have to vote in them all.

Yeah but it devalues them and makes it harder for Goafer to count it up. Also there's not much point in winning an award if only two people voted.

Tru dat.

It should be just two things:

Member people like the most

Member people like nearly the most

Simple.

Yeah but it devalues them and makes it harder for Goafer to count it up. Also there's not much point in winning an award if only two people voted.

How about a rule

- If an award gets lets than ten votes, it gets removed.

Edit: Also, I suggest "Best Site Review" and "Best Site Feature".

Creative Gallery Contributor (Do we really need this? Are we going to have one for every board?)

Spammer (Nobody here spams. If people really want this award then go to Members list>Advanced search>Order by post count in descending order)

Negative Member

Positive Member

Objective Member (Don't really see the point in this one. If you want something like this then surely best debater/arguer would be better? Although that seems a bit of a stupid award on a discussion board.)

Real Life Achievement

Most Helpful Member

Most Attractive Male

Most Attractive Female

N-E President of the Universe (What's the point in this? Why not just leave it at the best member?)

Most Missed Member (This gets the same votes every year for people who left 4 years ago. Unless you're gonna limit it to people who left this year then it seems a bit stupid. Just ctrl+v from last year.)

Who Would You Rather Be Stuck In A Lift With

Forum Pair (Formerly couple, but we all know Fleenuh will win again) (If it's not going to be for couples (which frankly was a bit stupid considering there weren't many to choose from) then why have this in at all?)

Best Sigs/Avs (I don't see why this ever got split up. Generally they go together)

Best Multiplayer Buddy

Best Drunk Post (Seems a bit pointless to me, we only added it for nolan's post last year. If people really want to see drunk posts then there's an entire thread dedicated to it. Seems stupid to have an award based on one thread.)

Funniest Member

Most Respected Member

Most Knowledgeable Member

Newcomer

Best staff (Don't see the point in having three separate categories. There's only a few admin, and probably only three active anyway. It's not ad if each category has a huge range of choice so may as well just have one for all, and make the award more interesting "Oh look, Ashley managed to beat Shorty and mokong to an award, how proud he must be" etc.)

2011 Member of the Year

Which leaves 16 award. Still plenty.

makes it harder for Goafer to count it up.

Is it too late to suggest more awards?

I've whittled a few down and merged Helpful and Thread starter into a single Contribution Award.

Edit: Removed a few more after reading Moogle's post. Makes sense. I had already removed President and Objective. They seemed boring/too general.

Edited by Goafer

As for the gaming ones I'd cut them down as well. But this is a gaming site so it makes sense to have a few.

As for the gaming ones I'd cut them down as well. But this is a gaming site so it makes sense to have a few.

I thought so too, but I can't really see why any of them should be cut. They're all specific enough to warrant their own award (except maybe soundtrack, which is perhaps too specific. I doubt that will get many votes, but I love music so it can stay).

I don't mind counting them all anyway. Maybe this year I'll count how many votes each award gets and we can see which ones work and which ones don't.

I've also changed Creative Gallery Contributor to Creative Member. Some people don't always post in the Creative Gallery, but do still post things in General that could be seen as creative.

Edited by Goafer

I don't think gaming ones should be cut anyway, this is a gaming forum so I'm suprised there isn't more as it is. Personally I think they should be the central part of these awards.

I think we should get rid of all the gaming awards. Just to spite Happenstance.

Next year, we should just give out participation awards to all the active members. Then everyone will feel like a winner. :hehe: