NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

YESS promotion virtually guaranteed, unless I lose the last match (likely) and drop my 13 goal lead in goal difference (possible but hopefully not that likely, touch wood). Boom.

4-3-3 is actually one of the worst formations in this game Mcoy thinks.

If useful when you want to increase the DV of three forwards and have nothing to gain from a win.

Madpool. Allow Mcoy to speak on behalf of Haden.

Literally laughed out loud when I saw that!

This season was a write-off from the start when I missed a lot of games because I was away on holiday. Pleased that I managed to beat the drop and get semi-decent DVs throughout the squad.

Got loads of cash stockpiled which will hopefully be able to get me a 17 5 midfielder.

2-0 loss today against Happenstance.

I have a slim chance of reaching the Elites this season, just need to win my next game and hope that Leeds and Intergalatico lose or draw their games. I'll give it my all, see where it goes.

Until then, the Cup draw on Monday.

Edit: Oh yeah, will need to look at the Youth to get a replacement for Rex Hollingdale who is retiring after the last game.

Cup update!

Teams that have entered!

Bayern Bru

Peeps

Cube

Madpool

Silverdale

Leeds

Winston

Rising Phoenix

Mcoy

Elites

Inter

Co-op

Seahawks

Recall

All Stars

DuD

Zell

Dragooo

Teams that aren't inactive or involved in the Rovers Dyson epic match that have not entered :(

Gaggle

Odwin

Eights

Happenstance

Emo

Bubbles

Fedex

Updated list!

Regarding rules for the cup, I was thinking if it is a draw we should go for chances created, if that is a draw as well the away side goes through?

Also say we have 18 sides at the moment and 9 would go through to the next round maybe have the lowest scoring and lowest chance creating side eliminated?

What do you guys think? Also should we do a 2nd draw or should we put the sides into a table as they come out of the pot?

Lots of questions! If no-one has any ideas I will try and make executive decisions. It is still not to late to join for the above teams btw, sunday night is the deadline.

Mcoy thinks it would be unfair to eliminate someone because they won 1 - 0 with 1 chance.

Mcoy would say either do another draw and the unlucky individual would be eliminated or have the bottom two teams flip a coin or something >< Ideally it would be better if we had an even amount of teams so we can avoid this.

Congrats Haden. Keep the seat warm.

I was hoping for the best, but I am not surprised I lost. Played a weak midfield due to the star midfielder having to sit this one out and focusing on dvs on other fields.

I'm surprised you're doing so bad @Cube . I checked the stats and you're the 4th strongest. You're 10th in best manager though so you're doing something wrong.

Updated list!

Regarding rules for the cup, I was thinking if it is a draw we should go for chances created, if that is a draw as well the away side goes through?

Also say we have 18 sides at the moment and 9 would go through to the next round maybe have the lowest scoring and lowest chance creating side eliminated?

What do you guys think? Also should we do a 2nd draw or should we put the sides into a table as they come out of the pot?

Lots of questions! If no-one has any ideas I will try and make executive decisions. It is still not to late to join for the above teams btw, sunday night is the deadline.

I think another draw is fairest otherwise we won't be able to decide home/away teams in future rounds.

As for whittling it down to 8 teams rather than 9. My guess would be that someone forgets to play their match so therefore they would go out. I think one of the following 4 options would be best* if this doesn't happen:

1) Lowest chances created goes out.

The reasoning? It would encourage teams to attack and not just sit back and try and grab a long range winner.

2) Team with the lowest ratio of chances created:goals scored goes out.

For example.

A team with 1 chance and 1 goal = 1.

5 chances and 1 goal = 0.2

3 changes and 2 goals = 0.66

Reasoning? It would reward teams who are efficient at attacking and don't waste chances.

3) Lowest overall team rating goes out:

Add up all the blips from the match report from defence, midfield and forwards. Losing team with fewest goes out. (Or would this just mean the best team automatically goes through if they lose?)

4) Team with lowest total team rating goes out:

Perhaps fairer than just team rating?

*By best, I really just mean random methods I'm making up as typing this post.

I think another draw is fairest otherwise we won't be able to decide home/away teams in future rounds.

As for whittling it down to 8 teams rather than 9. My guess would be that someone forgets to play their match so therefore they would go out. I think one of the following 4 options would be best* if this doesn't happen:

1) Lowest chances created goes out.

The reasoning? It would encourage teams to attack and not just sit back and try and grab a long range winner.

2) Team with the lowest ratio of chances created:goals scored goes out.

For example.

A team with 1 chance and 1 goal = 1.

5 chances and 1 goal = 0.2

3 changes and 2 goals = 0.66

Reasoning? It would reward teams who are efficient at attacking and don't waste chances.

3) Lowest overall team rating goes out:

Add up all the blips from the match report from defence, midfield and forwards. Losing team with fewest goes out. (Or would this just mean the best team automatically goes through if they lose?)

4) Team with lowest total team rating goes out:

Perhaps fairer than just team rating?

*By best, I really just mean random methods I'm making up as typing this post.

Mcoy dosen't see that as fair though. Mcoys last game for instant was a 3 - 0 win away. Mcoy controlled the game and got manager of the round. However Mcoy had 15 shots and scored 3 meaning by those rules he could go out. The xpert engine system can sometimes but some very odd results and games through so to disqualify anyone based on match stats seems a bit dodgy ><

Mcoy thinks we should either get another person to make it even number or have the last two people who applied to the tournament play a friendly or flip a coin and decide who will sit it out?

Sorry there, I'll be happy to sign up!

Can't believe the match today, my team played the game of their lives and all I had to show for it was a 0-1 defeat. Back to the middle leagues it is after all.

Edited by gaggle64

@gaggle64, @Mr_Odwin, @Tales, @Happenstance, @Jayseven, @heroicjanitor.

JOIN! :)

Also, who is Fedex on the forums, if he is even on the forums.

Thanks!

Fedex is a friend of mine and not on the forums I will PM him. Peeps if your pal wants to try and sign up again he can join to.

Thing is we are kind of stuck now because once you go over 16 it doesn't matter if you are even or not because it will still not work out.

I think chances may be the best way to do it team rating may be unfair for teams with low skilled players who have tactically good managers.

Updated list!

I'll join/win the cup :p

I think no seeds makes the cup silly and pointless but I'll join.

It makes it fair. It means that the smaller teams have more of a chance of progressing through it.

@Haden I'll ask him if he wants to play in the cup. Would be good for him if he did. He still needs to wait until the end of the season to create a new team but there will be a few days between the end of the season and the start of the cup so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll try to get him to sign up to the forum too.

As for who would be eliminated if 18 play and 9 go through... why don't the two teams with the worst/lowest results play each other?

Agreed, another draw should be made with all the winners from the first round, if no-one wants to do this draw, perhaps if things go well on Monday i could potentially do this draw?

Makes things that little more interesting indeed. But, i don't see it fair if a team gets knocked out because they had fewer chances. I reckon, and i know i'm going to sound funny, that in the event that a match gets a draw, then both teams should either play each other again or something. Having 1 team knocked out over chances is a little unfair really. Same as the lowest scoring, that team could be the winner but get knocked out. Not entirely fair either really. I'm sure you'll think of something that is fair for everyone.

For those who are unable to watch the draw on Monday 20th @ 8:30pm and for confirmation, i'll post who gets who in the first round in the thread.

I havent really been following the cup stuff but I guess I'll join in. Just remember to mention me in the thread so I know when and who im playing.

Is this everyone so far?

Bayern Bru

Peeps

Cube

Madpool

Silverdale

Leeds

Winston

Rising Phoenix

Mcoy

Elites

Inter

Co-op

Seahawks

Recall

All Stars

DuD

Zell

Dragooo

64'ers

Bubbles

Tales

Happenstance

22 is a good turnout. :)

22 out of 30 lol

I'm glad we're all so active :)

Dunno if you are being sarcastic or not :P

Dyson and Rovers are locked in their end of season war so it is 22 out of 28

Rez has gone awol and we have two dead managers in the lower leagues.

So its not to bad I reckon better than I expected! :D

Dug deep to turn it around, goalkeeper injured again which is a shame. Looks like either 1 of me, Essex or Madpool can take 2nd. Congrats on the title Haden :)