NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

I'm out of ideas/create a fake account.

Maybe he can join in off season.

Never live streamed before, nor do i have a tux. Would be great if i could do/have the ability of both.

Anyway, 3-1 against Dyson today. 80% development, and actively searching for a replacement midfielder come the end of the season.

Never live streamed before, nor do i have a tux. Would be great if i could do/have the ability of both.

Anyway, 3-1 against Dyson today. 80% development, and actively searching for a replacement midfielder come the end of the season.

Do you have the ability? I am literally up for anyone doing it as would have to buy a webcam.

Draw on a Monday? :(

I'm up for the cup.

It will be Monday evening :D

Tight loss. Main goalkeeper injured for good few games and my backup isn't very good so I'm now out of the title race once again.

Sign me up for the cup.

Fuming at my result. A 6-0 away loss to the Comerade Co-op, after successfully guessing his formation. Played 4-5-1 away from home, team were on pretty decent form as well. I don't feel as if I deserved that. :hmm:

Two of the goals came from free-kicks (one directly) and one was a penalty. Just...meh.

To add insult to injury, I got a 4 star manager rating. How on Earth does this game work sometimes?! Very deflated after today.

I took a 4-0 battering today, i was pretty happy with my tactics before the kickoff to!

Didn't help that my captain and playmaker was injured and subbed off early on though..

Still considering ive purely been looking at DV again this season, im pretty happy with my league position at the momen.

Fuming at my result. A 6-0 away loss to the Comerade Co-op, after successfully guessing his formation. Played 4-5-1 away from home, team were on pretty decent form as well. I don't feel as if I deserved that. :hmm:

Two of the goals came from free-kicks (one directly) and one was a penalty. Just...meh.

To add insult to injury, I got a 4 star manager rating. How on Earth does this game work sometimes?! Very deflated after today.

Your teamwork values were awful sadly, you played a very young midfield and he dominated in that area. The midfield battle is one you have to win if you are away and want to stand any chance.

Did you play offensively? He has some proper quality players. I wouldn't worry to much he will be out of your hair next season.

Just checking your midfield I see it is literally impossible for you to field an average age midfield of 25 plus. The game penalizes you if you go to far under 25 so enlisting a veteran midfielder may be an idea. Buy a cheap 30 year old 7 skill or something along those lines to give your midfield some balance.

Your teamwork values were awful sadly, you played a very young midfield and he dominated in that area. The midfield battle is one you have to win if you are away and want to stand any chance.

Did you play offensively? He has some proper quality players. I wouldn't worry to much he will be out of your hair next season.

Just checking your midfield I see it is literally impossible for you to field an average age midfield of 25 plus. The game penalizes you if you go to far under 25 so enlisting a veteran midfielder may be an idea. Buy a cheap 30 year old 7 skill or something along those lines to give your midfield some balance.

I played the oldest midfield I probably could have done...Also went with 5 across the middle to give me some chance of winning that battle.

At times, the game is downright annoying. My main striker, my main midfielder and my main defender played virtually every game last season and didn't go up in skill values at all. My main midfielder has a DV of 10 despite playing 13 games, yet my youngest defender has 13 despite only playing 6 games. I'm bitter about that.

There's no point buying a veteran because I have no money, and I already know roughly what my team of the future will be, they're just too young. Also, buying another player will mean that some of my other ones will miss out on game time, therefore lowering their DV.

I went offensive mainly because I went cautious earlier in the season and ended up getting turned over anyway. (4-0 at home to ReZ, for example), so figured I may as well have a go. If I'm going to get turned over, I may as well try and play some attacking football. It's won me more games that way.

Sorry4lates

N-Euro Middle League Round Twelve

*****Real Peeps 2-2 Seahawks FC****

Real Peeps put on a great show today but Seahawks matched them goal for goal. It appeared to be a one-sided game right from the start. Real Peeps had all the chances in the first half while Seahawks were getting some trouble from the referee. The first half ended 1-0 to Real Peeps but Seahawks were quick to equalise in the second half with a goal from Leandro Giraldes in the 51st minute. Not to be outdone, Real Peeps went ahead again 2 minutes later after a goal from Monty Collett. Real Peeps continued to dominate over Seahawks until the 73rd minute when Xavier Ciani scored from a freekick. The final minutes of the game were tense but despite having 7 chances in the second half, Real Peeps were unable to take the lead again and the game ends in a draw.

***Happenstance FC 3-0 Cubic County -

No goals in the first half as Cubic County hold their own against Happenstance FC who are possibly stronger than they've ever been this season. The first goal came at 55 minutes as Patrick Unsworth scores a header from a cross. This was soon followed up by Godfrey Pascoe who scored just four minutes later. The final goal was another header, scored by Fahroni Falco for Happenstance FC. Cubic County have a strong team but their tactics just aren't flying this season.

***Emo Blades 0-0 Intergalactico Stars****

A strange gambit from Emo Blades who decided to play 4-2-4 today. Intergalactico are a formidable side so it's unclear if this tactic paid off for Blades and earnt them a draw instead of a loss or the other way round. Intergalactico still managed to get 5 attempts on goal in this game but failed to score while Blades only managed 1 despite their offence rating reaching 13 in this game. It looks like Blades dodged a bullet here.

***Leeds.M.O.T 2-1 Recall United***

This result puts Leeds in 4th and Recall, 5th as these two evenly matched sides come to blows. Leeds scored first in the 26th minute thanks to Viquardinho Berger scoring from a shot in the penalty area. Their second goal came before Recall's in the 54th minute as Nicolas Bernard scores from a long range shot. Recall managed to break through in the 72nd minute and score a goal of their own but they didn't get another chance at scoring after that.

****Mcoys Sons 6-2 Dysonian Wanderers***

Mcoys Sons instantly take the lead with a goal from Arthur Rossall in the 6th minute who scored a penalty. Wanderers came back quick with a goal of their own from Scott Pilgrim in the 12th minute. Mcoy went ahead again 3 minutes later as Niles Alvarado scores from a header. Mcoys sons started to pull ahead further when Wyatt Rufus scored from a freekick in the 19th minute but Wanderers were really giving it their best today and got the first goal in the second half at 52 minutes. With the score at 3-2 and Wanderers keeping up well, the players of Mcoys Sons realised their pride was at stake. There was no way they'd let an inactive team show them up. Just two minutes after Wanderers scored their second goal, Niles Alvarado scores his second goal of the game to make the score 4-2. Two minutes after that, Wyatt Rufus scores for Mcoys Sons to push their lead even further ahead. Not content with a 3 goal lead, Stephen Gaye puts another one away for Mcoys Sons in the 83rd minute to see them win 6-2.

Most Important Result: Real Peeps 2-2 Seahawks FC, not a great result for either team but a draw still works in Real Peeps' favour as Emo Blades also drew their game and therefore stay only one point ahead. Meanwhile Seahawks drop from 4th to 6th.

Stylish Play: Mcoys Sons, They stayed ahead the entire game, making Wanderers work hard for their two goals and when they got them it just enraged Mcoys Sons into playing harder. Both times Wanderers scored, Mcoys Sons scored again within 3 minutes.

Best PLayer: Jez Heckinbottom, Mcoys Sons, Heckinbottom set up half of the goals scored by Mcoys Sons today and captained the team to a 6-2 result.

N-Euro Middle League Round Thirteen

*****Real Peeps 0-0 Happenstance FC****

Another 5-star game for Real Peeps but they fail to make good of either of their chances. Happenstance FC played a defensive game which probably cost them the win but sometimes it's best to play safe if can't predict your opponent's actions and a draw is always better than a loss.

****Intergalactico Stars 2-0 Mcoys Sons****

Mcoys Sons suffer their first loss of the season today at the hands of Intergalactico Stars. Intergalactico were all over Mcoys sons in the first half of the game and scored the first goal 36 minutes in as Terry Hogan gets a long range shot on target. Mcoys Sons fought back in the second half and had more attempts on goal but Stars' keeper, Owen Hart was on top form and couldn't be broken. As the game went into injury time it was still looking likely that Mcoys Sons could get a draw but in the 92nd minute, Intergalactico were awarded a freekick to be taken by Eddie Guerrero who set up Nikos Papadopoulos who scored! Intergalactico win 2-0.

**Dysonian Wanderers 2-4 Leeds.M.O.T***

Leeds were all over Wanderers in this game but just like last round against Mcoy, Wanderers made their opponents work for it. Leeds got the first goal from a header by Mortimer Marshall in the 14th minute. Marhsall then set up Viquardinho Berger in the 36th minute to take a 2-0 lead. In the 43rd minute Wanderers began their comeback with a shot in the penalty area scored by Patrick Twigg and just five minutes into the second half, Wanderers equalised after a goal from Morgan Boland. Unfortunately for Wanderers, Harry Streep who had set up both goals was then sent off the pitch 5 minutes later. It took Leeds a while to get back in their stride but in the 88th minute, Ionut Codrin put Leeds back ahead and two minutes later, Nicolas Bernard scores the final goal to give Leeds a 2 goal lead.

***Seahawks 1-1 Emo Blades****

Emo Blades were the first to score in this tense game with a goal from Stewart Rothwell in the 17th minute. It looked like the teams were just taking it in turns as each of them made their attempts on goal but despite 7 chances between them, the first half ended with just one goal scored. Seahawks had the upper hand in the second half of the game as Blades were pushed back into their own half. Blades were holding them off well but in the 79th minute Josué Mendez broke through and scored for Seahawks.

***Recall United 1-1 Cubic County**

Recall were the better team in this game but it was Cubic County who scored the first goal, a long range shot scored by Neal Harley in the 29th minute. The second half was underway and Recall were still getting all of the chances but couldn't seem to score. Finally in the 65th minute, Rhian Deacon robs Cubic County of their first win by scoring from a header and the game ends in a draw.

Most Important Result: Intergalactico Stars 2-0 Mcoys Sons, Intergalactico and Happenstance are in fierce contention for the safety of second place and with Leeds and Recall close behind, third place is hardly a comfortable position. This important win against Mcoys Sons puts Intergalactico back into second place and if Happenstance FC fail to win against Mcoy in two rounds time, this win might be the one that makes the difference for Intergalactico Stars.

Stylish Play: Leeds.M.O.T, Leeds took a 2 goal lead against Wanderers in the first half of the game and didn't lose face when they equalised. They upped their game and scored two more before the 90 minutes was up to prove they're not just a lucky team but a skilled one.

Best Player: Rhian Deacon, Recall United, Deacon scored an equalising goal in the 65th minute of Recall's game against Cubic County which prevented them from being the first team to lose against County this season - a title no one will want to hold.

[no table this week because I was late and round 14's results are on there :p]

@uəʌəsʎɐɾ @Dyson @Jimbob @Nikos9 @Brian Mcoy @Cube @Happenstance

I took a 4-0 battering today, i was pretty happy with my tactics before the kickoff to!

Didn't help that my captain and playmaker was injured and subbed off early on though..

Still considering ive purely been looking at DV again this season, im pretty happy with my league position at the momen.

Just make sure ya don't lose yer next game for me eh... in fact a draw would be ideal... then lose to me next week...

Things

Yeah I was pretty surprised at that scoreline. Away against by far the best team in the league though, can't be too disappointed. I notice you have a forward playing midfield, can't help, even though he's got the play in any position attribute they're still not as good I believe. Got an away against Commerade as my last fixture of the season, eek..

Re: Development. I'm having the same issues, eg 24yr midfield who's been on good form all season and has played every game is only on 13dv. How does it work - is it roughly 14 means a jump, 19 a doublejump or something? Can you go up a bar with just 12 say?

Oh yeah and re: not having enough money - you should have, a midfielder like Haden suggested would only be about 200k, which is nothing. You do know about sponsership oui? Unless you're piling money on win bonuses / form / youth academy, which is fair enough

Tight loss. Main goalkeeper injured for good few games and my backup isn't very good so I'm now out of the title race once again.

Sign me up for the cup.

I did indeed play youth and still won! Just! Soz about the keeper.

I'm expecting a defeat against Haden and think he'll win it overall. Madpool you're welcome to prove me wrong :p

I did indeed play youth and still won! Just! Soz about the keeper.

I'm expecting a defeat against Haden and think he'll win it overall. Madpool you're welcome to prove me wrong :p

I think it's 60/40 in Haden's favour. Down to him having a stronger squad, and the fact that he's in immense form. :p

I played the oldest midfield I probably could have done...Also went with 5 across the middle to give me some chance of winning that battle.

At times, the game is downright annoying. My main striker, my main midfielder and my main defender played virtually every game last season and didn't go up in skill values at all. My main midfielder has a DV of 10 despite playing 13 games, yet my youngest defender has 13 despite only playing 6 games. I'm bitter about that.

There's no point buying a veteran because I have no money, and I already know roughly what my team of the future will be, they're just too young. Also, buying another player will mean that some of my other ones will miss out on game time, therefore lowering their DV.

I went offensive mainly because I went cautious earlier in the season and ended up getting turned over anyway. (4-0 at home to ReZ, for example), so figured I may as well have a go. If I'm going to get turned over, I may as well try and play some attacking football. It's won me more games that way.

Youth acquire DV much quicker than the oldies. My oldest players have played every game and are mostly at 10 for the veterans sometimes it is just good if they don't go down! lol

Offensive and losing the midfield battle is a killer. Even if I overpowered another team I would think long and hard before going offensive away from home.

End of the day you were taking on a side that is middle league caliber so there is no need to feel too bad. Concentrate on your youth try and get a veteran maybe in the off season when you can save money.

Oh and don't play a forward in a midfield position ;)

Chin up though you will kick ass next season I am sure. :hug:

I think it's 60/40 in Haden's favour. Down to him having a stronger squad, and the fact that he's in immense form. :p

Na man I reckon you have it. You have taken me out the last few games we have had and I have some really nasty fixtures on the way, I don't care how bad Odwin is doing him away = not a win.

But what I do hope for is that our game might decide the most important thing this season, who wins the most points battle between Durov and Trainer. :p

You can do it MadDog!

TRIO!

Yeah I was pretty surprised at that scoreline. Away against by far the best team in the league though, can't be too disappointed. I notice you have a forward playing midfield, can't help, even though he's got the play in any position attribute they're still not as good I believe. Got an away against Commerade as my last fixture of the season, eek..

Re: Development. I'm having the same issues, eg 24yr midfield who's been on good form all season and has played every game is only on 13dv. How does it work - is it roughly 14 means a jump, 19 a doublejump or something? Can you go up a bar with just 12 say?

Oh yeah and re: not having enough money - you should have, a midfielder like Haden suggested would only be about 200k, which is nothing. You do know about sponsership oui? Unless you're piling money on win bonuses / form / youth academy, which is fair enough

I'm paying out quite a bit to the youth academy, which has been terrible for me, so far. Also, as you say, form and win bonuses. There's very little left by the end of it.

Youth acquire DV much quicker than the oldies. My oldest players have played every game and are mostly at 10 for the veterans sometimes it is just good if they don't go down! lol

But my midfielder is only 25 this season...hardly old. Also, the striker is 27 this season, so was 26 last, so that's hardly old either. :blank:

Offensive and losing the midfield battle is a killer. Even if I overpowered another team I would think long and hard before going offensive away from home.

End of the day you were taking on a side that is middle league caliber so there is no need to feel too bad. Concentrate on your youth try and get a veteran maybe in the off season when you can save money.

Oh and don't play a forward in a midfield position ;)

Chin up though you will kick ass next season I am sure. :hug:

That's another thing I don't get. Both you and Dan say don't play the forward there, but he's an all-rounder. So, what's the point in having an all-rounder if they're not going to be any good in any other position? I don't get it.

I'm paying out quite a bit to the youth academy, which has been terrible for me, so far. Also, as you say, form and win bonuses. There's very little left by the end of it.

But my midfielder is only 25 this season...hardly old. Also, the striker is 27 this season, so was 26 last, so that's hardly old either. :blank:

That's another thing I don't get. Both you and Dan say don't play the forward there, but he's an all-rounder. So, what's the point in having an all-rounder if they're not going to be any good in any other position? I don't get it.

A) It's a balancing act between youth academy and form training. Remember to buy some decent players you aren't going to keep but will manage to sell for more than the 30000econ it costs to bring them into your club. Even a little boost is welcome.

B) If the midfielders and strikers went up last season, they may struggle to go up again after a great previous season. Usually you should be able to get them to 10 though!

C) The all-rounder one is a bit useless really, they play better than anyone else if out of position but still only about 75% of their skill I think? There's a site I found rating the usefulness of abilities (maybe it was on the xpert eleven site). I'll see if I can track it down.

A bit old, but: @dan\-likes\-trees you might want to have a brief look as well.

Edited by Ellmeister
Automerged Doublepost

Ok, cheers for the advice, guys.

I pretty much wrote off this season anyway, as it was all about getting DV and experience for my players. Which, I've mostly got. Just, defeats like that hurt.

Fuck this game for making me emotional.

Do you have the ability? I am literally up for anyone doing it as would have to buy a webcam.

I got a camera, i can look at streaming

Edit: Shouldn't be an issue at all

Edited by Jimbob

Great, I am going away will be back Friday night and I will compile a list of people who have joined the cup by then I need to contact a few people to get them on board.

Should be great! :D

I'm out of ideas/create a fake account.

Btw you up for the cup? :D

Cool, drop us the names over and i'll see if i can make the draw interesting. How does 55 minutes pre-draw enterainment sound followed by 5 minutes of draw??

Sounds awesome!

Apparently Charlie wants to do a draw too! Nothing stopping us having a second show once the first round is over.

I will give you names at a later date just so everyone has a fair chance to see the posts.

Jimbob can do it if he wants. I'm not overly bothered about it. Happy to help out ifno one else can't.

No worries, i'll set the camera back up and sort out some entertainment. 9pm start for draw sound ok, or earlier.