Rez - 2

Happen - 4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbqgUp2xTbaxB-u3NIsJwNsC-M4dFAwQWjadwS6aeAYrytle8A

Journalism

Top League:

Middle League:

Lower League:

Interviews:

If you want to take be a journalist or reporter let me know Peeps did a super job last season, it really does make the league more exciting.

Prize Draw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP3T8inMVopc34OJkdsfbXJdG1k04kG3CTCDZTebFgnOnqzyuwtA

Middle League Award winners: Happenstance, Phoenix, Inter, Mcoy, Gaggle,

Recruitment: MadDog

League Winners: Elites, Gaggle, Emo

Alliance Winners Odwin, Eights, Cube

Tea Cup: Phoenix

Reporter: Peeps

Pick a number 1-14 Gaggle and Phoenix pick twice.

Alliances.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStEzfc13BXZ9aELHhwW97nwFTJ3W-IlGL5v8c-dJeB1LZSBAOxjw

Put forward your alliances now either a PM, post or Press Release.

Participants: Will do a more detailed report for each team later today.

chelsea1pa_1632788i.jpg

Get ready for a season of deception and spying!

Top League:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaMuz8u5RMUBE250ssDH_kqJfjUJM2DtdCqCfASG7GxRPn2Fm8NQ

Battlestar Odwinica 3/1

Bayern Bru 5/1

Eights United 5/1

Essex Elites 2/1

Haden United 4/1

Madpool 3/1

Rising Phoenix 12/1

Roostophe Rovers 3/1

Silverdale Hotpot 5/1

The 64s 5/1

Middle League:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFTW2Wt3gLoAPeYEzw_OCmosEkQ6zxzCiX1Y7uZVmvTiEoVjIfdw

Cubic County 7/1

Dysonian Wanderers 2/1

Emo Blades 6/1

Happenstance FC 5/1

Intergalatigo Stars 3/1

Leeds M.O.T 3/1

Mcoy Sons 2/1

Real Peeps 7/1

Recall United 7/1

Seahawks FC 7/1

Lower League:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvABYqTvQ41RWZ1uemcqfQge-JUnXsvzZE4thwEQsD39KfmopU

AFC Rez Rabies 3/1

Aqui1la All Stars 2/1

Besaid Auchors 15/1

Bubbles FC 3/1

Dragooooo 6/1

DuDs Baggies 5/1

Fedex United 7/1

Ganja Farmers FC 10/1

The Comrade Co-op 2/1

Winston Gardens FC 6/1

Season 21 awaits! Thank you everyone for making last season so great good luck with your opening games I will be updating this post throughout the day, enjoy the new season!

Edited by Haden

Yay, I ruined Haden's Christmas :p

As a bonus, manager of the round and won the pool :)

You guessed more than me and deserved it well done :P worried about staying up this season everyone is looking great.

At least it wasn't all bad news Oddy lost ;)

One of my best defenders Giovanni Ruggiu a 31 year old 11 skill player wants to leave the club and is open to any offers from middle/lower league VIP clubs :(

Edited by Haden

Away draw, I'll take that :) currently 3rd - the highest I'll be this season lol.

ReZ and MadDog, sticking together still? :)

I will continue to report on the middle league if no one objects.

And I'll have number 9 please!

Was very unsure how to play it against DuD. Very close game, could have easily been a 1-1 or 0-0 draw. Nevermind. Well played, dude.

I'm going to struggle this season. It's all about development again, for me.

Feels like ages since I've managed to get 3 points on opening day of the season. Good start :)

Kept at bay by Phoenix. I never start off well it seems for some reason.

In my official team I was promoted! Huzzah!

I'll take 3 please Haden!

Managed to get a draw, although I was the only one who got chances so I'm slightly disappointed.

I'll have 13, please.

Season 20 Predictions Results

Last season ReZ won by guessing waaaaaay more correct results than anyone else. As for this time:

In last place we have

@Cube

with 6 points!

Then we have @jayseven and @Jimbob

with 7 points!

Next up, with 8 correct guesses we have @Haden, @Mr_Odwin and @MadDog

As for the final few, we have

Joint first place with 9 correct guesses:

• @Tales
  • @The Peeps
  • @ReZourceman (again!)
  • @heroicjanitor and
  • @Nikos9!

Therefore, I'll have to put you all into a hat and just pick one. Unfortunately, you can't all win because I don't have the money to pay for 5 VIP prizes :p Apologies.

And the winner is:
    The Peeps! :D

: peace:: peace:: peace: With no-one lower than 6 I thought it was either too predictable or just good guessing!

I'll upload the spreadsheet and people can check it/ see who others voted for.

Jimbob, shame on you for tipping me for relegation!

Apologies for the lateness, I've been very busy working lately.

Heres the link to the predictions:

Linky McLink Link

Edited by Ellmeister

Sorry ell, it was either you or somebody else (bet you wish it was somebody else)

Draw with Peeps is a good start, better than a loss to be fair. Using this season as a development season, so i'm aiming to remain in the middle league.

I'll make my predictions when i get home later (around 7pm).

Picking Rovers was my undoing! :P

Are you doing predictions again this season Ell? I will send my in later if so.

Yeah, I can do it again if people get it in quickly. I haven't had the time to make and advertise it.

If you want to do predictions, you have until next Friday before the 3rd game. Just to give it some time. If you haven't played before, it is simply predicting the positions of where people will end up in the league at the end of the season.

The prize is 3months VIP, which @ReZourceman can vouch for! And @The Peeps soon as well hopefully!

Same rules as usual, use this as a pro-forma (based on the one Oddy sends me, thanks!):

Winner Elite League: X (Elites)

Winner Middle League: Y

Winner Lower League: Z

Promoted to Elite League:

PICK THREE TEAMS.

Promoted to Middle League:

PICK THREE TEAMS.

Relegated to Middle League:

PICK THREE TEAMS (Oddy)

Relegated to Lower League:

PICK THREE TEAMS

As i mentioned earlier, i'll send my predictions in later on. Would do it now, but the filters in work are going crazy. Sometimes can access sites, sometimes i can't.

Sent my predictions yo.

Was really hard to choose the 3 who are getting relegated from the top league. Predicted the winner easily. ;)

EDIT

I'm up for doing reports this season, which league should i do? I'm happy doing any. I'd quite like to do interviews aswell if nobody minds. :p

Edited by MadDog

I scraped two 1-0 away victories today :)

Knew i needed to win the midfield battle so risked playing with pressure.

Picked up a proper injury in my Xpert league team tho :(

Sent my predictions yo.

Was really hard to choose the 3 who are getting relegated from the top league. Predicted the winner easily. ;)

EDIT

I'm up for doing reports this season, which league should i do? I'm happy doing any. I'd quite like to do interviews aswell if nobody minds. :p

Do you want to do the top league? Interviews would be sweet as well :hug:

Oh, and are the Final Three sticking together?

Of course, we are awesome.

I will have nr 8.

Premier+League+logo+2011-2012+Chelsea.jpg

N-Euro Elite League

Battlestar Odwinica

Last seasons position - 2nd

Considered by many to be the Xpert Eleven master, and it's hard to argue with that. He dominated with his old team for season after season, and he's getting closer and closer to achieving a title winning team after a very good season, finishing 2nd. This teams defence is second to none, and he's not afraid to utilise that in the tougher away games. Their manager doesn't care about flash attacking displays, 3 points is all that matters. You have to admire such a mentality.

It must be hard to finish runners up 3 times, but can they go one better this season? They certainly have the manager to do so, and I believe they will be in the top few positions this season again.

Bayern Bru

Last seasons position - 8th

One of the few team that has been around since season 1. The season 3 champions had a tough season last time around, finishing a disappointing 8th, meaning they finished just one place above the drop zone. An improvement on that position is a must if they wish to remain in the top league. They will always remain a dangerous side, capable of pulling out top performances in the big games. It was 2 seasons ago in season 19, where they came so close to winning a stunning 2nd title, their first season after getting promoted.

Bayern Bru have earned everyone's respect over the last 20 seasons, it would be unwise to underestimate them. They are capable of a much higher finish than last season.

Eights United

Last seasons position - 4th

Last seasons 4th placed finish was a brilliant achievement for their manager in only their second top flight season. They surprised alot of people with their fearless, attacking style of play. That alone makes them worthy of massive praise. They ended up being outscored by just one team, which is unbelievable for such an inexperienced team at this level. Who knows what they can do this season, they are a exciting new team that could turn into a real force looking at their young squad.

It would be superb if they could improve on last seasons finish. They are a young team under no pressure. They certainly like to express themselves offensively, which pleases many people.

Essex Elites

Last seasons position - 1st

No doubt about it, they have been the team to beat for a number of seasons. In the last 4 seasons they have finished 1st, 1st, 2nd and 1st. They are not only a very high skilled team, but they are a consistently high skilled team. It wouldn't be a surprise to see them lift the title for a magnificent 5th time. Alot of the time teams have a position they are stronger in than other areas. Elites have no such problem, they are strong everywhere. Their squad may have quite a high average age compared to other teams, but their performances have been untouchable most of the time.

It's hard not to assume they are going to get that landmark 5th title, but there's alot of teams that are sniffing around, and i feel this season will be much harder than the last for the Essex Elites.

Haden United

Last seasons position - 7th

Despite a number of seasons ending with them in a below par position, they are still among the favourites each season to win the league. They have a remarkable manager with a wonderful history of achievements, which always gives them a chance of achieving success. The 3 times champions have a wonderfully balanced squad. They have the veterans with 100+ games, the players approaching their peak, and a handful of youth. It makes them a big squad with 20 players, but that only increases the manager's options.

They always have to be considered contenders. I think of them as a dormant volcano. Any season now, they will explode and most likely blow us all away.

Madpool

Last seasons position - 3rd

A good season last time around saw us end up 3rd. The title was in our hands for most of the season, but we failed to perform when it really mattered. Essex Elites doing the double over us was key, as they went on the become champions. We usually have a bad start and end, with the majority of our points coming in the middle of the season. I feel the team is quite sensitive to negative results, as it usually leads to a few bad results, rather than bouncing back the very next game. We ended up top scorers and that saw us finish with the tied best goal difference. We may concede alot of goals, but i'm open to having high scoring games, as i believe that's where we perform best.

After finishing in the top 3 a few times, we feel like we can finally make that last step and win our long awaited first title.

Rising Phoenix

Last seasons position - 2nd in the Middle League

In their 7 seasons, they have never finished lower than 5th, which is just staggering. For such a new team to show such consistency in a tough middle league makes them worthy of big praise. I'm sure they are looking forward to their first season in the top league, and relish the challenge that is in front of them. Being a newly promoted team, it's nearly certain that they are among the favourites to go down. I feel that would be a harsh prediction, as this team has shown they can play at really high levels against good teams. We have to wait and see whether they can perform to those high levels against the teams in the top league.

Avoiding relegation would be a safe objective for them this season. I think they can do better than that, and finish a few places higher than that. The top league is immensely tight, so if they can pick up the points against the teams around them, that could propel them into the top half.

Roostophe Rovers

Last season position - 5th

Another team from the very beginning. The 2 times champions enjoyed a solid finish last season, a finish they will surely wish to build upon. The season before last, they finished impressively in 3rd. However, before that, they had a number of par seasons. They are a team that is re-emerging from the shadows, and have been showing signs of becoming champions yet again. They join the already long list of potential winners of this seasons top league. They are a team with no real weaknesses, and score gaols while remaining solid at the back. They are a very well rounded and tough team to set tactics against.

It's been a number of seasons since they became double champions, and they will no doubt be aiming for number 3. They have the tools to achieve their ambition.

Silverdale Hotpot

Last seasons position - 6th

A team who i tip to become real title contenders this season. Their recent finishes in the top league suggests i may be wrong, with them finishing 6th, 7th, 8th and 7th in their 4 top flight campaigns so far. I feel those positions don't reflect their quality, and back them to really show everyone what i believe they are capable of. Their midfield in particular is very strong, and i expect to see them take advantage of the quality they have there.

They are dark horses in my eyes, and it would be foolish to assume getting a result against them, as they may just surprise us all this season.

The Sixty-Fourthers

Last seasons position - 1st in the Middle League

Last season they were very impressive as they won the Middle League. Surprisingly, last season was the first time they had finished first in any league. For such a big name with a strong squad, that is quite hard to believe. They have been in the top 3 no less than 8 times, which shows they definitely have quality, but maybe they have lacked that last piece to get them that little bit higher in the table. They have a very good record in the top league, with many high finishes. They have the potential to become a regular in the top league. By doing that, they can create a base on which they can start building up to win the title at the highest level.

Their experience in the top league will surely help them this season, as the level in this league is as high as ever, with so many teams after 1st place. That places extra importance on matches against teams that find themselves further down the table towards the finish line. Those games will be where the 64'ers must utilise the experience they have to get the necessary result.

----------

Gameday 1

Eights United 2 - 0 Haden United

Eights United formation - 3-5-2

Haden United formation - 4-4-2

A tasty opening encounter between two teams who had contrasting seasons last season. It was a game of few chances for either side, with each side creating just 3 each, with all of them coming in the second half. Eights were held until the hour mark where Emil Beck gave the home crowd the first goal of the new season with a composed finish. Haden responded with a substitution, but it didn't have the desired impact, as Eights got the crucial second thanks to a stunning freekick from Svanson. Haden tried everything they could to get back into it late on, but their efforts were in vain, as Eights held on to their clean sheet.

Man of the Match - Alec Svanson of Eights United

Next up for Eights United

It's always better to have the points on the board, rather than hoping to close the deficit going into the latter stages of the season. Eights will be aiming to make it 2 out of 2 away to Silverdale Hotpot.

Next up for Haden United

Haden will want to get the crucial first win as soon as possible, and they hope they can get that at home to Madpool who they entertain next.

----------

The Sixty-Fourthers 3 - 0 Battlestar Odwinica

The Sixty-Fourthers formation - 4-5-1

Battlestar Odwinica - 4-4-2

Battlestar would of been confident of getting his season off to the perfect start against a newly promoted side. The 64'ers however had different ideas, as they put in a stunning performance to deservedly collect all 3 points. The 64'ers defence and midfield thrived in a 4-5-1 system. Both the defence and midfield were inspirational as they performed to very high levels. There was opportunity for both to score. The 64'ers created 12 chances, as Battlestar made 5 goal scoring opportunities. It was on the 13th minute that the 64'ers witnessed their first goal of the season as Osman scored a cracking 25-yard piledriver. That remained the only goal of the first half. The 64'ers extended their lead 17 minutes into the 2nd half where Amer Hizo Diz had an easy finish to score. Rikabi rounded off the top performance with the third in injury time to delight the home crowd, who gave them a well deserved standing ovation as their heroes left the field.

Man of the Match - Sirwan Baralla of The Sixty-Fourthers

Next up for The Sixty-Fourthers

The high of winning this match will hopefully carry on into the next match, as they face possibly the hardest game of their season. Away to Essex Elites. A positive result could really send out a message.

Next up for Battlestar Odwinica

Battlestar will hope they can erase the memory of this game with a good result at home to Bayern Bru.

----------

Rising Phoenix 0 - 0 Essex Elites

Rising Phoenix formation - 4-5-1

Essex Elites formation - 4-4-2

Rising Phoenix were presented with a tricky tie on gameday 1. Good because it gave them a perfect opportunity to show everyone what they can do, bad because it was against the reigning champions. They made sure it was a close encounter, as Essex would of been much more threatening in a offensive shootout. Tactically, Rising gave themselves the best possible chance of winning. They were brilliantly against the strong Essex offence, and they tried to squeeze everything they could out of their own midfield and attack. Essex had just 1 more than chance than Rising, as Essex had 3 to the home sides 2. Essex had a tough start as O'Connor had to go off with an injury that will last nearly 2 weeks. Rising Phoenix midfielder Piquet went off injured, but should just about be back for their next game.

Man of the Match - Troy McNiven of Rising Phoenix

Next up for Rising Phoenix

A solid opening point shows they can pick up points against the best, they will hope they can further prove this with a good result at home to Roostophe rovers.

Next up for Essex Elites

Essex will hope their first win will come at home against an inform 64'ers.

----------

Madpool 3 - 0 Bayern Bru

Madpool formation - 4-4-2

Bayern Bru formation - 3-5-2

Madpool get off to a perfect start against a capable Bayern Bru side, who seemingly were neglected by their manager. Madpool put in a good all-round performance as their 4-4-2 formation did its job. The game actually started of badly for Madpool, as Buchanan was forced off with a week long injury. Smiles were soon painted on the Madpool supporters faces as Temizkanoglu scored an unfortunate own goal. The score reamined 1-0 until the 55th minute, where young Spence Monk finished off an explosive counter attack. Bayern then had a player forced off with an injury, as the onlooking crowd sympathetically clapped him off. Madpool inspirational leader Stanley Trainer then made it 3 with seconds to go, as they scored from another clinical breakaway.

Man of the Match - Stanley Trainer of Madpool

Next up for Madpool

One of the highlights of Madpools season is up next, as they travel to Haden United for one of their most enjoyable matchups.

Next up for Bayern Bru

A tough away tie at Battlestar is next up for Bayern, losing their first 2 games would be very disappointing, so a good result is a must for them.

----------

Silverdale Hotpot 2 - 1 Roostophe Rovers

Silverdale Hotpot formation - 4-5-1

Roostophe Rovers formation - 4-5-1

With both teams playing 5 midfielders, the middle of the pitch soon became congested, as both teams tried to stamp their authority on the game. The first goal went to the home side, as 18 year old Orellana scored on his debut, it was a special moment for the youngster. Roostophe responded at half time, as they made 2 changes. It took a while for those changes to take full effect, but they did so on the 79th minute. Star striker Mazzoleni crossed for Ri Rho to score the glancing header. The home team didn't seem phased at all by the goal, as 3 minutes later they scored the winning goal. Jerome scored a peach of a header to delight the home crowd. After that, Silverdale killed off the game and secured themselves a valuable 3 points against a top team.

Man of the Match - Jamie Jerome of Silverdale Hotpot

Next up for Silverdale Hotpot

Next up for Silverdale is a home tie against Eights. With the home support they get, you would say they have a good chance of claiming all 3 points again.

Next up for Roostophe Rovers

Their first points will hopefully come in their next game, away at Rising Phoenix. It's a tricky one, but they have the quality needed to win.

----------

Most Important Result

The Sixty-Fourthers 3 - 0 Battlestar Odwinica

They were very impressive, and showed that they can play very high ratings.

Turned on the Style Award

The Sixty-Fourthers

They put 3 past the tightest defence in the league.

Best Player

Stanley Trainer of Madpool

They're nearly a one man team are Madpool, and he has to perform to give them any chance of finishing well this season.

----------

Table after Gameday 1

Gameday1table.png

----------

If anyone wants an interview, just PM me saying so and i'll send you a few questions. :)

A bar he'll be regretting after match 11! :p

I read (years ago) that different teams have different home/away advantages/disadvantages. I personally think my home advantage is really high (only lost 11/94 matches at home!) but my away disadvantage is super sucky (lost 46/95 matches away). So that's what I'll blame my crappy first result on. We'd just played a friendly too and I beat gaggle 4-1! X11 is gutting.

Thanks MadDog that was a great post!! Thanks to Oddy for changing the title.

Does noone want my defender then :( might have to put him on the market or I may keep him. Having 20 players is a bit much I feel.

Thanks MadDog that was a great post!! Thanks to Oddy for changing the title.

Does noone want my defender then :( might have to put him on the market or I may keep him. Having 20 players is a bit much I feel.

I'll have him though I can't pay much... how much would you want?