NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

You expect them to retire and live forever?

This was on a press release:

Player dies ... literally!

The manager of Flower Power FC awoke this morning to some shocking news about up and coming goalkeeping star Cathleen-Eve Buchan:

Following a trip to the cinema Cathleen-Eve Buchan was involved in a head-on collision with a taxi and was rushed to the hospital. The taxi driver suffered mild cuts and bruises but Cathleen-Eve Buchan never regained consciousness on arrival at the hospital. Our thoughts are with the club as they struggle to cope with what is a tragic loss. The club accountants will be in touch about a replacement and the insurance of Cathleen-Eve Buchan means you will be awarded 2 914 600 econ to look for a replacement.

CatGP had this to say:

"This is a real tragedy for the team as Cathleen was progressing well. I was hoping for her to take over as the number one goalie in about three seasons time, but sadly this will no longer happen."

It is also known that Flower Power FC's lawyers are putting together a case to sue the insurance company, as 2.9m econs is simply not enough to replace a player of Cathleens calibur.

Dated 13-11-2011

Ok, i mis-read the original post. I seem to have thought the draw was to be completed a week earlier. Oh well, gives me a week to come up with some entertainment. I'm planning on getting home earlier that night, so scratch the original 9:30pm slot. I'll try and leave work earlier, could get an 8pm start if lucky. I will keep you all posted.

When are the last games for all the leagues??

You expect them to retire and live forever?

I expect them to retire then die.

Darnage, i was all there ready and waiting, lol! Oh well, this time next week! :P

Hey, could be earlier if i get time off. As i said, will keep informed of it.

That was embarresing. Locked out of advancing too.

My injured youth(17-5) got through the match without making it worse and now got 10 in dv, getting him to jump will significantly raise his sell price, or make a valuable asset to my team.

Speaking of midfielders, my star midfielder equalled his own record in yellow cards today, 9 in one season. Third time he has to skip a match this season. 28 years and 61 yellow cards. So proud of him.

Still got a shot to have the top scorer with Svanson, with a bronze and silver from before, a gold and 250k econ would be nice.

Was holding mcoy off well and then he gets two goals right at the end of the game :p

Oh well, I was only hoping for a draw at best and that was a stretch as it is. Two home games next to finish up with. It could still go either way for Real Peeps!

Edited by The Peeps

I decided to pick a makeshift team, as I needed to get my players' DV up. Finished the game 1-1, which I'm happy with. Was expecting a loss.

Only downside is that one of my strikers has picked up a suspension. Annoying, but it happens.

Wow. Mcoy thinks the final between Madpool/Haden is gonna be epic :)

edit: oh Mcoy thought there was one game left, not two ><

I decided to pick a makeshift team, as I needed to get my players' DV up. Finished the game 1-1, which I'm happy with. Was expecting a loss.

Only downside is that one of my strikers has picked up a suspension. Annoying, but it happens.

Watched your match as Bubbles had been promotion challengers. Shocking amount of yellow cards you got! Good result though.

Easy 6 - 0 away win at Ganja. Huge huge next two matches

DuDs Baggies

Commerade Co-op

Both away. Very nervous. If I win either match I'm pretty much promoted. Probably the toughest fixtures in the league though, ahh.

2-1 today, fielded a mainly younger team. Making the most of Hollingdale before he retires at the end of the season, shame. One of Recall's finest players and a Recall original.

Very well done Silverdale, you were awesome.

I should of never tipped you to challenge for the title. :heh:

Watched your match as Bubbles had been promotion challengers. Shocking amount of yellow cards you got! Good result though.

Easy 6 - 0 away win at Ganja. Huge huge next two matches

DuDs Baggies

Commerade Co-op

Both away. Very nervous. If I win either match I'm pretty much promoted. Probably the toughest fixtures in the league though, ahh.

Yeah, got waaaaaaay too many yellows. :heh:

Chuffed with the result. I reckon you'll finish second now. Keep the middle league warm for me, as I may see you there next season. Provided my team make some good leaps in development.

Yeah, got waaaaaaay too many yellows. :heh:

Chuffed with the result. I reckon you'll finish second now. Keep the middle league warm for me, as I may see you there next season. Provided my team make some good leaps in development.

Ahh don't jynx it!! Haha. I may need you to get a result against DuDs in the last game, depending on friday's result...

Everything went right today. Took a risk playing my injured goalkeeper as well as my young striker which payed off. Also played a defender who isn't the highest skill but seems to work really well with the rest of the team. Just a shame Haden won because we're basically out of the title race. We'd need Haden to lose 1-0 against Madpool, then both Haden and Madpool to lose by 5 or 6 goals in their final match, while hoping I can get score 5-6 goals in both my final 2 games. In other words it isn't going to happen. But 3rd/4th place is still a very successful season for us.

Cup update!

Teams that have entered!

Bayern Bru

Peeps

Cube

Madpool

Silverdale

Leeds

Winston

Rising Phoenix

Mcoy

Elites

Inter

Co-op

Seahawks

Recall

Teams that aren't inactive or involved in the Rovers Dyson epic match that have not entered :(

Gaggle

Odwin

Eights

Happenstance

Emo

All Stars

DuD

Bubbles

Dragooo

Fedex

Zell

Guys join it will be great! :P Will pester these people with a PM when I am back at home on my computer. So we are all set to go for the draw! I will leave the entry till Sunday night for these last few people to come in. Jimbob could the draw start at 8.30 on Monday? I might be rather late home and do not want to miss it under any circumstances hehe.

Will there be seeds?

Good question. I was thinking about that, what do people think? I thought if there wasn't you could get some sick matches right at the start if there was it would lead to a more epic feel at the end.

Any preferences?