NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Well played Madpool, I changed it a couple of times but still lost. Think my original ideas would have lost as well.

Time to play youff.

Aqal1i lmao What is it with my name and people getting it wrong?

I have to say I underestimated you... twice! I can't wait to play you again :P

Baha sorry, I usually check I've got the spelling right but not on this occasion.

Make sure you beat Rez next week..

Aqal1i lmao What is it with my name and people getting it wrong?

I have to say I underestimated you... twice! I can't wait to play you again :P

It is the i and the L in your name, I can never remember which one is the 1 :p

My official team just reached the 4th round of the power cup. I'm seeded something like 362 and just beat someone ranked 151 3-0 on a neutral ground.

BRING ON THE CUP RUN.

It is the i and the L in your name, I can never remember which one is the 1 :p

My official team just reached the 4th round of the power cup. I'm seeded something like 362 and just beat someone ranked 151 3-0 on a neutral ground.

BRING ON THE CUP RUN.

Yeah :) I noticed that that was the root of the problem.

I've never understood why most people use the 1 to represent i instead of l.. If it's meant to represent a capital i, fine, but it's usually just the lower-case i. :blank: Sometimes I just don't want to live on this planet anymore... :p

N-Euro Middle League Round Ten

**Dysonian Wanderers 0-0 Real Peeps****

After winning 2-0 at home last round, Real Peeps face their opponent with confidence today but fail to get a single goal. They stopped Wanderers from making any attempts on goal but couldn't convert any of their own chances. In the first half, Real Peeps' forward Cal Dewell was heavily injured and had to be replaced by Bryan Tynan which may have had something to do with Real Peeps' inability to score. Still, for a team as low in the table as Real Peeps, an away draw is not something they'll turn their nose up at and this result moves them up into 6th place from 8th.

***Recall United 3-0 Emo Blades**

Recall are on amazing form right now after getting the double over Emo Blades. Blades knew they had their work cut out for them today with their home loss still fresh in their minds from last round but they could barely get through Recall's iron defence. It was a light start for Recall who only got one goal in the first half of the game, scored by Jonathan Solano but they stormed it in the second half with 4 more plays for goal. Patric Wallgren and Cammy Gers scored the next two goals for Recall and Emo Blades find themselves in 8th place, their lowest position all season.

*****Mcoys Sons 3-0 Leeds.M.O.T*****

It's rare that we see two 5-star ratings which makes Mcoy's whitewash over Leeds that much more disappointing for the away side. Wyatt Rufus starts things off quickly with a cross to Stephen Gaye who scored in the penalty area in the 2nd minute of play. Another goal came at 45 minutes just seconds before the ref blew the whistle for half time. Leeds were playing well but Mcoy's keeper, Guy Allen, was on top form and didn't let a single shot through. The final goal came at 55 minutes as Stephen Gaye gets in another shot from inside the penalty area.

****Happenstance FC 2-1 Intergalactico Stars****

Happenstance take an early lead as they score 2 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game. Rowley Dibbler scored the first goal in the 10th minute and set up the second goal 5 minutes later for Steven Harrison. Many chances were being made my both sides but neither could score until the 82nd minute when Terry Hogan scores with a beautiful header from a cross. The last 10 minutes of the game were tense as it looked like Stars were going to score again but there was a sigh of relief from the home fans as the final whistle blew before Intergalactico could make their comeback.

***Cubic County 0-3 Seahawks FC****

It's hard to understand what's going wrong for Cubic County this season. With 5 draws and 5 losses, they've clearly been having the worst luck of any team in the league. That's not to take anything away from Seahawks who were on fire today as they surged through County's defences. The first goal came at 32 minutes with Matt Scorpios scoring from a shot after a corner. The next two goals were scored in the second half of the match, both coming from Seahawks' forward, Cappi Lucci.

Most Important Result: Recall United 3-0 Emo Blades, With two successive wins over Emo Blades, Recall move into second place - displacing Intergalactico Stars who drop to third. Emo Blades continue to drop down in the table and now sit in 8th place.

Stylish Play: Mcoys Sons, An early goal set the pace for their game against Leeds today as Stephen Gaye leads his team to victory. Mcoys Sons did well to keep their opponents back today as both teams were playing were attacking with full force. Luckily for Sons, they have the stronger team and were able to keep possession and block out Leeds from scoring.

Best Player: Cappi Lucci, Seahawks FC, They may have already been ahead but Cappi Lucci made certain that Seahawks would emerge victorious today as he puts two away for the team.

N-Euro Middle League Round Eleven

With the double header out of the way, there is everything to play for as we're now into the second half of the season. Some teams are starting to pull ahead but no one is safe just yet - except perhaps Mcoys Sons who still haven't lost a game. On the other end of the scale there's Cubic County who have yet to win a game.

****Cubic County 1-3 Leeds.M.O.T****

It was a tense game at Rubix Gardens today as both teams fought fiercely for the chance at three points. Leeds took an early lead with a goal after a freekick in the 4th minute. They strengthened their lead with another goal at 36 minutes coming from Mortimer Marshall. Cubic County were still in the game though and scored three minutes later with a goal of their own by Faiaq Behrozy. As the second half began it became clear that County were spent. Their players did not seem able to keep up the ferocious standards they set in the first half and didn't get another chance on goal for the rest of the game. Leeds took full advantage of this and managed a further 5 attempts on goal. They finall scored again in the 78th minute to win the game.

****Recall United 0-0 Mcoys Sons****

Recall finally hit a wall and end their winning run today as they face the seemingly unbeatable Mcoys Sons. Mcoys Sons had the upper hand for the whole game but it was clear to Recall that they would not be able to score today so they focussed their defence and stopped all chances from Mcoys Sons.

***Seahawks FC 0-1 Happenstance FC****

Seahawks appear to be a different team today as they are unable to make a dent in Happenstance FC's defences. Last round saw them stomp all over Cubic County creating 9 chances but this week they didn't make a single shot on goal. Happenstance on the other hand have not lost a game in 5 days and were looking to make it 6. Two attempts on goal were made in each half but they only scored once in the 43 minute. It was all they needed though and they move up into third place.

****Intergalactico Stars 1-0 Real Peeps****

The first half was a cold stalemate as neither team could make any attempts at scoring. The second half was a more interesting affair as Intergalactico were able to take the lead in the 59th minute with a goal from Eddie Guerrero. Despite having more chances in the game, Real Peeps were unable to equalise against their opponents and suffer their second 1-0 defeat at the hands of Intergalactico Stars.

****Emo Blades 2-1 Dysonian Wanderers****

Wanderers actually put on a good show today as their players finally seem to be putting their heart into the game. Unfortunately their renewed spirit comes at a time when Emo Blades really need to push themselves and go all out to ensure they don't lag too far behind in points. Blades take an early lead in the 4th minute with a goal from Christopher Sheene but Dysonian Wanderers didn't let the first half end before equalising with a goal from Morgan Boland. Both teams stepped it up a notch in the second half and with countless shots flying in each direction, it was anybody's game. However, it was Emo Blades who scored the final goal in the 71st minute as Margrott Bruce spots Andre Suffo unmarked and in Wanderer's penalty area. He crosses the ball over and Suffo scores the winning goal.

Most Important Result: Seahawks 0-1 Happenstance FC, Happenstance move into third place after their win today as Seahawks drop into 5th. The top half of the table is looking close as the top four teams slowly move ahead in points. One promotion spot is certainly reserved for Mcoys Sons but the other two are still too closely contested to call.

Stylish Play: Intergalactico Stars, Stars took more possession in their game today and won with a clean sheet despite their opponents having more chances on goal. Their skill on the pitch allowed them to deflect all of Real Peeps chances while allowing them to score a goal of their own.

Best Player: Mortimer Marshall, Leeds.M.O.T, Marshall set up the first goal in just four minutes time and went on to score the next for himself in the 36th minute. It's players like this that are keeping Leeds out of the relegation zone.

x11r10-11.png

Mcoys are still a safe seven points ahead of their closest opponent but there's still all to play for in the rest of the table. Intergalactico, Happenstance and Recall are all looking like strong contenders for 2nd and 3rd but it's too early to count out Seahawks, Leeds and Emo Blades. Real Peeps need results soon or they'll be left in the dust as the other teams are pulling ahead on points.

@uəʌəsʎɐɾ @Dyson @Jimbob @Nikos9 @Brian Mcoy @Cube @Happenstance

Edited by The Peeps

Yeah I was surprised at that scoreline. Like Haden said, apparently team play better the more they've played a certain formation? So a new formation they might not do so well in. I've got Fedex away next which I thought would be an easy win but perhaps not..

Did the double over Aqal1i, big win again! And now the inactive Rez has gone up to second place, pah. Very tight at the top!

Bit worried about my development at the end of the season as half my players were ones I brought in mid-season... ah well.

I planned my tactics pretty much right...got a 5 star rating. There's just some things in this game which don't make sense. It's unpredictable, which is mostly good, except in times like this.

I know its my first time playing that formation, but meh, gutted at that.

I dont know how true the following will be now with all the new teamwork stats, but..

Dont let this instance put you off changing formations altogether, i've beaten far stronger teams than mine before by swapping to the 4-2-4 formation, and longballing to bypass the midfield.

I use the formations to complement what inform players i have available, and to work around what i think my opposite numbers tactics could be.

Although recently i have kinda been sticking to just 3 formations.

17-5 :D Love my 100k youth academy. A bit late in the season but I think I'll get him to jump one without too much trouble. My midfield is too big now though so I have to get rid of one.

Thanks Oddy!

Madpool has a much better run in than me and has me at home but I am gonna test his nerve right to the end :heh:

Deffo grabbing team of the month. 9 wins out of 9 games :D should be a nice score as well.

Edited by Haden

5 star rating, 10 chances against 3, marked his playmaker, defended against his attack... 2-2 :(

This game can be so frustrating! Really needed a win today too :p

Great results for the Winston Winners today. Clinical 3 - 0 away from home, no shots from fedex. More importantly the other results were what I needed.

How's this for a promotion battle?

330bpu0.png

Love it. Big old game away against Bubbles next week... not too confident about that one..

Mcoy got his win today and has evened the score between him and Dyson.

Mcoy has won 6 games

Dyson has won 6 games

They have drawn 6 games.

O shi-

@Haden you haven't conceded in 5 games. :p

That's immense.

Thanks Avallone imo is the best player in the league. He keeps our defense pretty airtight.

However out of 7 goals we have conceded this season 4 are against you! Now there is an even more worrying stat.

Btw Madpool Durov is coming after Trainer for the most points this season :p

Edited by Haden

Thanks Avallone imo is the best player in the league. He keeps our defense pretty airtight.

However out of 7 goals we have conceded this season 4 are against you! Now there is an even more worrying stat.

Btw Madpool Durov is coming after Trainer for the most points this season :p

He is rather epic. :p

Stanley 'Points Machine' Trainer will claim what's rightfully his. :D

Oh, and i just noticed i'm the number 1 ranked manager over all 3 leagues!

yay! :yay:

You can call that a youth team? :p That's my usual set up. Including today looking over the teams again.

With my new youth I passed Haden as the second most valuable team of all leagues, only second to Odwin by an inch. I may be weak now but I got plenty of potential ^^

2-1 against me today, shame. Still goes to show that with a team consisting of 3/4 senior players (which i'm working on replacing as and when they retire) that i'm holding my own in the middle, showing conention that i could give the Elite league another shot. If the results go in favour of course.

Just got the team of the month award with the award money. In January we truly were the best team in the world!