NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Amended :p and I'll be getting you back on Friday! Can't let you run away with two wins over me ;)

Felt I deserved the win today but I suppose a draw makes sense considering Dyson's team is still 3 ranks higher in strength than my own, even if I did have his tactics covered. Actually got manager of the round too :D I've not had any players in the x11 this season but at least my managerial talents are being recognised ;)

Mcoy is impressed you got manager of the round. Seems a lot of us got 5 star ratings this round for some odd reason. It wasn't even like Mcoys tactics were that great ><

Manager of the round is a bit less meaningful when you realise it's always the best rated away winner. Still nice to get it though :p

I think your player list counts towards your manager rating as well, so even if you have fairly neutral tactics you might get your rating pushed up by picking a strong team (average age 26 for each section, high form etc) with good teamwork values. I don't know for certain if that actually does count but I think it does.

Top game against @Fierce_LiNk today - 4 - 1, got my revenge! Shame to see his man get sent off in the second half really, would have been a pretty cose match otherwise, a lot of chances for both teams.

Next to see if I can do the double over Aqul1i Allstars on the return home...

Interesting thing in your match Dan that I have never seen before. When Dragoo had a defender sent off bringing them down to two defenders (playing 3-5-2) the game subbed off a forward for a defender automatically. That is quite a nice tough as there is now way you would want two defenders for the rest of the game lol.

Top game against @Fierce_LiNk today - 4 - 1, got my revenge! Shame to see his man get sent off in the second half really, would have been a pretty cose match otherwise, a lot of chances for both teams.

Next to see if I can do the double over Aqul1i Allstars on the return home...

I wasn't banking on you choosing that formation, aha. Although, I did go a bit LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY with the formation and tactics. Still, 4-1 is harsh...think having the man sent off made it worse. Also, I set my tactic to "tighten centre", so a bit meh that it didn't work when I think maybe it should have. :/

A good game, nonetheless. Its crazy how we both ended up with 4 stars...how did I end up with a 4 star rating and a player in the Xpert team, whilst getting a man sent off and getting thrashed away from home?

I managed to pick up the away victory and still drop down the table.

Curse your leaky defence Dragooooo :p

I REFUSE TO FALL TO THE LOWER LEAGUE

I'm not going down without going out in a BLAZE OF GLORY

Got through the Rising Phoenix away game with a narrow 2-1 victory. Big game up next against Haden, usually a draw would be a good result but the fact we could start a title challenge with a win means we really need to go for the 3 points.

I REFUSE TO FALL TO THE LOWER LEAGUE

I'm not going down without going out in a BLAZE OF GLORY

Thanks for waiting until after our games ;)

Double win over Oddy! A very rare sight. #schooled #fuckyeah

Another 1-0 loss. ¬_¬

Interesting thing in your match Dan that I have never seen before. When Dragoo had a defender sent off bringing them down to two defenders (playing 3-5-2) the game subbed off a forward for a defender automatically. That is quite a nice tough as there is now way you would want two defenders for the rest of the game lol.

Yeah, was wondering if he'd have to play with 2 defenders when that happened... would have been a much different scoreline haha. I assume that only happens when it's set to automatic subs though.

I wasn't banking on you choosing that formation, aha. Although, I did go a bit LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY with the formation and tactics. Still, 4-1 is harsh...think having the man sent off made it worse. Also, I set my tactic to "tighten centre", so a bit meh that it didn't work when I think maybe it should have. :/

A good game, nonetheless. Its crazy how we both ended up with 4 stars...how did I end up with a 4 star rating and a player in the Xpert team, whilst getting a man sent off and getting thrashed away from home?

Yeah definitely, I'd have been gutted watching that if I were you - red card, disallowed goal and a penalty... 2 - 1 would have been much more accurate as a reflection. Three at the back away from home though, as you say pretty Jenkins!

Yeah the manager ratings is pretty nonsense. I got a five star the other week (I'm in another league too, might have been for that) despite losing by a couple of goals. And I've only had a player i the x11 like twice the whole season... hmprh.

Wish I'd known what I was doing a bit more at the beginning of the season, early average results are coming back to haunt me!

kitchener.jpg

Ok so a general alert.

We have a few teams leaving at the end of this season (a couple at least) Can we have a real recruitment drive. Could be the start of a new era but I need your help to make it happen.

Everyone try and ask one person so we can keep the NE GOTY the NE GOTY!

Entry into the livestream VIP draw for anyone that gets a new recruit!

I know I always ask but this season has seen us at a great number per league situation and I don't want that to change.

Edited by Haden

Has anyone tried to ask flameboy to join? He'd be a great asset to the league.

Everyone do what Rowan has done and stick a link in your sig. :)

Great idea.

Miserable run of late. Praying to stay in the middle league but I've been sloppy with tactics far too often. Development is a problem as always but I may just focus on that for now :/

Thanks guys.

We may have 3 teams leaving possibly 4. Out of these a couple could be kept on as inactives hopefully.

Zell is up for joining as is a friend of mine but the more people we can get the better. Remember ask outside of NE if you have to then you can recruit to the game and forum! :grin:

Who are the teams that are leaving?

I'm guessing Besaid and Ganja from the lower league, but who else? :(

I am guessing maybe Rez.

We should be ok but I always like to prepare for a worst case scenario. I don't mind the lower league having say two inactive teams as it is good for new teams to play inactives. But anymore makes it a boring league.

I am guessing maybe Rez.

We should be ok but I always like to prepare for a worst case scenario. I don't mind the lower league having say two inactive teams as it is good for new teams to play inactives. But anymore makes it a boring league.

Spot on.

Re: Rez - despite hardly playing his players have pretty high skill so he's fairly likely to get promoted this season... if he quits will the person who's 4th go up to the middle league?