N-Europe

How much coffee can i put in a cup of coffee?

Pancake

Serious! It's not like it says on the jar is it! And it doesn't say don't have another coffee straight after either! I'm really tired and i just want to put millions of coffee in the cup. But also don't wanna die or something. Lulz.

Soooo, can i put about 2 spoonfuls in?

It depends whether you just want stay awake a little longer, or want to induce euphoria/ panic (depending on your psychological disposition).

It barely even keeps me awake at the best of times, so i doubt it could ever induce euphoria! I seem to be quite resilient to caffeine. I get jealous of these people and their "caffeine highs". :sad:

No kidding though...

Why are you using a cup?

I usually just pour a bit from the container straight to my mouth.

I know that's a bit gross, but if other people are using it then I'll use a spoon and just spoon it in my mouth.

Like eating sand! :o

The simple answer is as much as you want. There's no recommended maximum caffeine intake for a day.

I took 3 Annadin Extra this morning which have 45mg each as I'm not particularly well at the moment (headache, tired, flu like symptoms) and had to work. I then had a 500ml can of Relentless which has 30mg / 100ml.

That's a total of around 300mg in the space of a couple of hours and there are/were no negative side effects.

Just be sensible about it. You're better off having a smaller cup of coffee and then if 20 mins later when te caffeine has kicked in, if you feel you need it, have another.

The simple answer is as much as you want. There's no recommended maximum caffeine intake for a day.

I took 3 Annadin Extra this morning which have 45mg each as I'm not particularly well at the moment (headache, tired, flu like symptoms) and had to work. I then had a 500ml can of Relentless which has 30mg / 100ml.

That's a total of around 300mg in the space of a couple of hours and there are/were no negative side effects.

Just be sensible about it. You're better off having a smaller cup of coffee and then if 20 mins later when te caffeine has kicked in, if you feel you need it, have another.

I've heard that there IS a max daily intake recommendation though (can't remember what it is). And the leaflet for Pro Plus tablets (caffeine in pill form) is says not to take more than two, and no more than once every 4 hours. I know caffeine raises your heart rate for a start, i can feel my heart beating faster if i've had a double expresso.

No kidding though...

Why are you using a cup?

I usually just pour a bit from the container straight to my mouth.

I know that's a bit gross, but if other people are using it then I'll use a spoon and just spoon it in my mouth.

A police officer did that in an episode of Drake and Josh!

All instant coffee I've tried is gross, so I have no relevant advice to give :(

Of course there is a maximum amount you can have o_O Just like any mineral on the planet...

I've got excessive histamine in my body (causes oedema and anaphylaxic shock) and I've found caffeine to be the best remedy for it.

If you're a n00b to coffee I would make it up with half a teaspoon of the granules, and taste it, then add more if you can cope with it.

Just experiment until you find your preferred taste. There's no wrong amount with coffee. I'm a snob so I rarely drink silly instant coffee. With machines etc. I use four spoonfuls which makes 1 + 1/2 large cups of coffee.

With instant -- I use 2 heaped tea spoons, some milk and about 4 spoons of sugar.