NEurope
dazzybee

Letterbox

It's pretty annoying, because that message comes up every single time you try to write a new letter! :indeed:

So I ended up manually deleting some old ones to get rid of it.

Nintendo should have made it so you just get the message once and then it deletes older letters automatically, but I guess that makes too much sense. :heh:

What would make a lot more sense as well, many have mentioned it, is multiple replies to letters. You want to reply twice, but can't at the moment. That would be sensible for Ninty if they did this as an update.

What would make a lot more sense as well, many have mentioned it, is multiple replies to letters. You want to reply twice, but can't at the moment. That would be sensible for Ninty if they did this as an update.
Indeed. The 1 reply only thing is unfortunate.

But it's probably essential in order to keep the app running smoothly and within the memory constraints.

For example, if someone has 100 friends registered on their 3DS system, and they all actively use Letter Box and reply to every single letter, that means each letter you send could potentially have 100 replies! :o

In that situation it could get pretty messy if the amount of replies was increased. :heh:

But it's probably essential in order to keep the app running smoothly and within the memory constraints.

For example, if someone has 100 friends registered on their 3DS system, and they all actively use Letter Box and reply to every single letter, that means each letter you send could potentially have 100 replies! :o

In that situation it could get pretty messy if the amount of replies was increased. :heh:

I suppose thats a pretty smart move from Ninty, but also unfortunate for those who wish to reply more than once.

I tend to write a 2nd letter if i want to reply again to the same letter.

Latest edition of "Guess the Year" is out.

If anyone wishes to take part, the more the merrier, add me via the code to the left. Message me once added so the return can be made.

I started this app up again and to my shock I'm still getting mail from November & December...

Unexpected update out later this week!

A new version of Nintendo Letter Box is available! Here are some of the new features:

- Take photos and record sounds you want to attach to your letters from within the software. You can still add them from the SD Card.

- Attach photos and sounds when you reply to letters.

- Choose a different ink colour for each page.

- Filter letters by sender in the letter list.

Some nice new features. :)

Nice list of new features :)

Though I still don't see an option to reply more than once to a message (seriously, after all this time I STILL can't do that!? That's my No1 issue with Letterbox!)

Nice list of new features :)

Though I still don't see an option to reply more than once to a message (seriously, after all this time I STILL can't do that!? That's my No1 issue with Letterbox!)

This is still my guess as to why they don't allow multiple replies:

I'm still stuck back receiving letters from November last year. Hopefully they'll add a way to download all, rather than just some at a time. It's so cumbersome otherwise.

This is still my guess as to why they don't allow multiple replies:

Wouldn't you still have the 3,000 letter limit in place anyway? Shouldn't that prevent any memory issues by itself?

Wouldn't you still have the 3,000 letter limit in place anyway? Shouldn't that prevent any memory issues by itself?
Good point. :hehe:

It might not be a memory issue anyway, I'm just assuming that it is.

I mean Miiverse is eventually coming to 3DS, and that appears to allow unlimited replies.

But I think the fact that Letter Box has to record and playback every single line that gets drawn, whereas Miiverse doesn't is probably a factor. ::shrug:

Good point. :hehe:

It might not be a memory issue anyway, I'm just assuming that it is.

I mean Miiverse is eventually coming to 3DS, and that appears to allow unlimited replies.

But I think the fact that Letter Box has to record and playback every single line that gets drawn, whereas Miiverse doesn't is probably a factor. ::shrug:

I'm sure it is a factor. That's no doubt why they have the 3,000 message limit in the first place.

Speaking of which, I've run out of space now :(. I feel sad every time a message gets taken away from me when a new one comes in :cry: (of course, I favourited all of Nikki's messages so that I'll never lose them ;) )

So where is this update? Thought we were meant to get it yesterday?

I don't see it on the eShop or get any prompt when I start Letterbox....

So where is this update? Thought we were meant to get it yesterday?

I don't see it on the eShop or get any prompt when I start Letterbox....

Was it an April Fool? The timing of the release statement was near to that infamous day.

Was it an April Fool? The timing of the release statement was near to that infamous day.

That'd be the tamest, most lame April Fools prank known to exist

So, is the update out now in America but not in Europe?

Yup. Guess Nintendo think that Letterbox just isn't as cool as Swapnote...

Letterbox annoys me, methinks I'll be deleting it next time I switch my 3DS on. Given that Miiverse is coming it'll be almost obsolete then anyhow.

Letterbox annoys me, methinks I'll be deleting it next time I switch my 3DS on. Given that Miiverse is coming it'll be almost obsolete then anyhow.

True, but when is it coming? The update to Letterbox is coming...hmmmm.

Was there any mention of the Letterbox update in yesterdays ND?

Was there any mention of the Letterbox update in yesterdays ND?
No, there wasn't. :hmm:

And that's a good point, I'd actually forgotten about the update. Can't believe it wasn't mentioned. :blank: