Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Last Of Us

Dog-amoto

You what? As in, go up behind them, grab them, then brick them? That works?

I'll be trying that later.

lol noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Just sneak up on them and bash the fuck out of them. I say be careful though because I don't know if its loud enough to alert other enemies. Its just a nice little way to deal with them if you don't have shivs and ammo.

I'd love to do some multiplayer at some point. I sucked at it on PS3 though.

tag - bryanee1983

I tried playing the multiplayer on the PS3 version but I couldn't get to grips with it and was a little confused as to how to actually play the thing. :wtf:

It's not like your generic FPS it's more like SOCOM if you run around guns blazing you'll die very quickly - its even more fun if there are 4 of you all mic'd up and playing together you can get tactical then.

Was playing it tonight with 3 other PSN buddies all in party chat - good times! I've saved some footage so I'll make up a vid on share factory and post it on this thread later.

Question: I've yet to delve into this, it's sitting on the side. Is it worth playing the prequel first?

Prequel? Do you mean the DLC Left Behind? If so, then do not play it before playing the main game.

I can't seem to find multiplayer matches regularly. Supply Raid almost never. And Survivors just very rarely...why? :(

Just finished it. Absolutely fantastic game and I enjoyed it more this time around than I did on the PS3 version. This game really is one for the ages.

I've got a couple of collectables I missed that I need to pick up but then I'm not sure whether to tackle the multiplayer or try the prequel content as I never played that on the PS3.

I remember struggling on the highway part where there are clickers and a couple of bloater, back on the PS3 version. When I got there this time I could hear them but there was nothing on screen. I just casually walked through the area from one end to the other without incident.

:D

EDIT: Just noticed I have the trophy for getting all collectibles yet I missed some. Strange.

I can't seem to find multiplayer matches regularly. Supply Raid almost never. And Survivors just very rarely...why? :(

Yeah, seems the servers are a bit knackered for a lot of people at the moment. I've only managed to find 3 games in the past hour. Methinks I'll just go back to playing the story again.

Yeah, seems the servers are a bit knackered for a lot of people at the moment. I've only managed to find 3 games in the past hour.

Naughty Dog is working on it. Hope they'll have a patch out soon.

[tweet]495013382496342016[/tweet]

Finished Left Behind just now...it makes a lot of the main game's story/moments much more powerful.

I somehow want this game to not be exclusive to PS3/PS4, because I think it's something every gamer should experience.

However, the film adaptation will give everyone a chance to do that.

The Last of Us is brilliant. Pretty much perfect. I'll say it again: The greatest video game ever made.

Edited by drahkon

I'm really enjoying what I've played so far. The game manages you to get so emotionally invested into the characters and the world so quickly. While the graphics on PS4 are stunning in many places. Was there rework done on the sound? As playing through the 5.1 makes the game so atmospheric even coming down to the sound of raindrops changing as you head inside. Like a lot of other games the lighting and effects really come into its own on the console.

BuJBmEMCIAEw06y.jpg:orig

BuJDNPXCEAAmVRP.jpg:orig

BuJDM8JCcAAOEMF.jpg:orig

Had a nice session earlier, and wow. This is certainly roping me in with it's atmospheric ambiance, the characters so far. In some parts, i swear this is a movie.

And yeah, i started the main game first. There was me thinking the prequel DLC was events leading up to the opening scenes of the game.

Edited by Jimbob

I had another great session on this today.

I started by having a play around with a Grounded mode. Man, it's crazy how different this is. You have no HUD, no icons popping up for the QTEs, enemies do more damage and there are very little resources kicking about. I did a few chapters just to get a feel for it.

After that I jumped back into my New Game+ playthrough and bounced between that and multiplayer for most of the day, with an episode of Scrubs here and there to lighten the mood.

I just reached...

the Winter chapter so I should finish off my second play through after work tomorrow.

I'm a little dubious as to whether a second play through will allow me to fully level Joel up and his weapons. I'm not that far off the end and still have a couple of abilities and weapons to finish off.

Really starting to get the hang of multiplayer now but still haven't a clue on what abilities and weapons are best. I really love the interrogation mode. There's nothing like downing an enemy and using him as bait, before lobbing a molotov on his unsuspecting team mates. :)

So, picked up this for the PS4 and decided to play through the opening. All hell breaks loose, we drive, crash and run into an alley. Tommy suggests we run into a building but there's no floor in front of me leading up to the building, just grey space that I can't run into. Then the textures finally load and its turns out I was caught on a fence... but alas it's too late and infected gets me.

Less than 5 minutes in and it's not loading textures?! Whatever happened to next-gen?! This didn't happen with me on the WiiU! "Remastered" my arse!

...this is only banter by the way, but it actually did happen. Good opening otherwise, no Res evil 4 opening mind. Looking forward to playing it!

So, picked up this for the PS4 and decided to play through the opening. All hell breaks loose, we drive, crash and run into an alley. Tommy suggests we run into a building but there's no floor in front of me leading up to the building, just grey space that I can't run into. Then the textures finally load and its turns out I was caught on a fence... but alas it's too late and infected gets me.

Less than 5 minutes in and it's not loading textures?! Whatever happened to next-gen?! This didn't happen with me on the WiiU! "Remastered" my arse!

...this is only banter by the way, but it actually did happen. Good opening otherwise, no Res evil 4 opening mind. Looking forward to playing it!

Not loading textures!!? Might need to wait for next-gen for that! ;)