N-Europe

Holidays- or vacations to those Americans

Atomic Boo

I wasn't the one who started talking about lego, that was you trying to take the piss again

Yea I know, and as much as I'd love to continue doing it, I also dont want this good thread ruined, so either start a thread where I can take the piss out of you without going off topic or I'll lock this thread :heh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best has been to New York, even if it did end up costing me about £2000 for everything (did a lot of shopping). I really wanna go back but can't afford it. I loved the atmosphere and the easier (and cheaper) way of life. Hailing a taxi rather then calling up and waiting ten minutes is much better and easier.

Oh and Platty if you get a chance head to "Rocks In Your Head" on Prince Street, SoHo. Think 16th is the nearest station but don't quote me on that. Was such a cool indie record store, went in there to buy one album and ended up spending about £100 -a lot of it on friends. The guy who helped me was really useful and cool. I wanna go back just to go to that store, although he said they may close soon which is a real shame. Was the first (out of two) indie stores that I found in NY and it was much better than the huuuuuuuge Virgin Megastore in Time Square. Scratch the "I suggest", go there Platty :P

Firstly the cab thing. As i live in London im used to hailing down black cabs. Your right it is much better than having to ring up a company and wait around for a bit.

Anyway yes i will take your advice Ashley. Rocks in you head sounds like my kinda shop, ill try and find it. Im not looking to spend too much money, gonna try and limit myself to around £1000. (hopefully)

ok then why dont we turn this into a lego thread? (not really) crikey dudes. but yeah maiden all the way retro lover

i went to wales but its just like england so ummm ..........not much point really

But isnt a lot of wales more hilly and scenic than england? or am i mistaken.

Maiden all the way man!

I've only been on holiday 3 times, never abroad. Twice it was to Devon to stay in a cottage with my family and the other was a school camping holiday. I couldn't really say which was better, Devon was nice for the walks and just being somewhere new, the camping was great for all the activities we had. Still I'd rather go abroad next time, I'll probably go to center-parcs though, I like the thought of that too.

I am off to NYC with platty in march i ahve been there once before, I am also hoping to vist japan and Dubai some time!

I would say my best holiday was going away with my mates to magaluf which platty was one of them thou i did like hong kong and would love to go back there so many cheep electronics!

Firstly the cab thing. As i live in London im used to hailing down black cabs. Your right it is much better than having to ring up a company and wait around for a bit.

Anyway yes i will take your advice Ashley. Rocks in you head sounds like my kinda shop, ill try and find it. Im not looking to spend too much money, gonna try and limit myself to around £1000. (hopefully)

£1000 incl flights and such or just spending money? I suppose I wasn't old enough to drink but I spent about £800 and that was splashing out, bought like everyone a present. Rocks in Your Head does...rock. They have a site actually; http://www.rocksinyourhead.com/

Did hope to email the guy (Kevin) who helped me with finding CDs for everyone but his email aint on the site. The stuff he suggested was really good, even managed to find something for my "female bisexual friend who is into that whole femme metal thing". Grr now I wanna go back to NY :P

My best holidays have been in Dominican Republic, just doing nothing. I've been in other places, but most of them required me to move.

Portugal (got Salmonella ¬_¬)

LOL, call it a recuerdo, or maybe that's what you get for having jew father. J/k :p

PS - soag, you rule.

£1000 incl flights and such or just spending money? I suppose I wasn't old enough to drink but I spent about £800 and that was splashing out, bought like everyone a present. Rocks in Your Head does...rock. They have a site actually; http://www.rocksinyourhead.com/

Did hope to email the guy (Kevin) who helped me with finding CDs for everyone but his email aint on the site. The stuff he suggested was really good, even managed to find something for my "female bisexual friend who is into that whole femme metal thing". Grr now I wanna go back to NY :P

platty is talking just about his spending money, i will be taking the same with me hopefully, we are paying off the hoilday in a couple of weeks we r going for a entire week it cost us £651 each which was to bad, we r staying in the edison hotel which is just around the corner from Time square.

As Oli has already said the £1000 i mentioned is just my spending money. Ill take my card so i could end up spending more although i dont want to. The flight and hotel cost us about £650 each and that has to be paid off mid Jan.

Can't wait :yay:

Sounds like you got a good deal then. I went for £600 flight and hotel but that included a stop over in Switzerland. Can't recall seeing the Edison, but then wasn't really looking. Good thing about NY is its all in walking distance, even if its miles away. Central Park was 2 miles from our hotel but we happily walked and shopped, so much fun.

Sounds like you got a good deal then. I went for £600 flight and hotel but that included a stop over in Switzerland. Can't recall seeing the Edison, but then wasn't really looking. Good thing about NY is its all in walking distance, even if its miles away. Central Park was 2 miles from our hotel but we happily walked and shopped, so much fun.

Yeah its not a bad deal. Think cos we are going in March when its really cold out there it's a bit cheaper.

Our hotel is just off times sqaure so we are right in the mix of it all.

Well as I say you're withing walking distance to pretty much everything, or at least a subway actually cause downtown is quite far. You may want to study how you the subway works before you go, or maybe I'm just simple ^_^

Anyway on the discussions of holidays in the UK I'd say they count. I plan to text a holiday in February just to clear my head a bit, just a few days to myself. Probably won't go more than 20 miles away (as I don't have a car) but I'll class it as a holiday.

well yeah,

"hi...im going to cornwall, for holiday...omfg"

more like a god damn day trip

if you trave further than a 500mile radius, thats a holiday, not some choir boy outing

silly dabookerman, I'd like to see you travel down to cornwall and back for a day trip.

I'd say theres 3 categories:

Day trips (1 day)(skegness)

Short breaks (weekend breaks)

holidays (longer then short breaks)

seeeeee :p so it does class as a holiday.