NEurope
Jonnas

Ace Attorney Mafia - Sign-up Thread

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

(Trials tend to be fairly straightforward.)

(There is a victim, there is a culprit. The defendant is the main suspect of being the culprit. This conclusion is reached after examining the evidence and listening to the witnesses. Whether the defendant is innocent or guilty, the truth is discovered in court)

(It is the Prosecutor's job to prove their guilt. Likewise, it is the Defense Attorney's job to believe in their clients, and fight for their innocence. Detectives investigate and gather the necessary proof. Judges simply listens to the facts presented to them and decide the verdict)

(It is a simple concept. And yet, so easily corrupted.)

(Something strange started to happen around that time. Innocent lawyers and law enforcers were judged and wrongfully imprisoned. All of them, found guilty of corruption, among other charges, despite a staggering lack of evidence. All of their pleads of innocence fell on deaf ears.)

(They were desperate times for justice. And desperate times tend to call for desperate measures. What we did to fight this unknown menace, however, still boggles my mind...)

-------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen, the long-awaited Ace Attorney mafia is coming soon!

A few things to say first, though:

-If you aren't familiar with the Ace Attorney series, that's cool, this game is taking place in an alternate universe of sorts where all the characters exist simultaneously, where only superficial similarities remain. So, it should be fun for everyone.

-Spoilers will be forbidden. While some of you might know who is evil in the games, not everyone does, and they might want to remain unspoiled. Therefore, revealing spoilers unnecessarily is forbidden. Using it as part of your reasoning ("This character was evil in the games, let's lynch him!") is not only misleading, it's also breaking this rule.

However, there might be some leeway in some specific spoilers (everyone knows Frank Sahwit is a killer, for example, it's literally the first thing you see when you start a new game), so I will be more specific on what is allowed once the game starts.

-This game will have a couple of new features I never tried before. I'm just saying that this game might not be as traditional as others. And don't worry, it won't be anything as drastic as Tales' 24 hour mafia, either.

-The game is probably starting properly sometime in the next week. With some luck, maybe even the weekend. I first need to know how many players there will be, though.

Everything said, who wants to play?

Signed up (21)

-Cube

-Dannyboy-the-Dane

-Darksnowman

-Dazz

-Diageo

-Dyson

-Eddiecoleslaw

-Eevilmurray

-Heroicjanitor

-jayseven

-MadDog

-mr-paul

-Nintendohnut

-ReZ

-Rummy

-Sprout

-Supergrunch

-Tales

-The Peeps

-Yvonne

-Zell

Edited by Jonnas

SIGN ME UP

I like that you're catering for us Phoenix Wright noobs too :)

Looks like this will be a very interesting game, one to top the Gent's Mafias ;)

People keep telling me I should try a mafia (only done it in real life before), and this seems the perfect theme for me.

So I'm in.

Aww, I got called a veteran mafia player! I'm real tempted, you run damn fine mafias Jonnas. I'll have a think on it tonight and see, I'm worried of becoming inactive. Whens signups close/game start?

Aww, I got called a veteran mafia player! I'm real tempted, you run damn fine mafias Jonnas. I'll have a think on it tonight and see, I'm worried of becoming inactive. Whens signups close/game start?

Sometime around next week. Hopefully, you'll be able to join :)

Very well, then. I'll have this started this by the end of the week (hopefully I can keep my schedule this time). For now, assume there will be 19 players. I'll leave sign-ups open if one or two more people wish to join, but I wouldn't count on it.

And I'll say this now, so that it won't confuse anyone when it starts: Days and Nights will be called "Courtroom Sessions" and "Breaks", respectively. So, if your PM references to a power you can use "during break", or that you possess a "courtroom power", you know it's nothing too fancy.

And I'll say this now, so that it won't confuse anyone when it starts: Days and Nights will be called "Courtroom Sessions" and "Breaks", respectively. So, if your PM references to a power you can use "during break", or that you possess a "courtroom power", you know it's nothing too fancy.

This is just a brilliant touch. Have I mentioned lately just how much I love you? :D

(Also, my friend unfortunately won't have time to play after all, but he says he'll follow the thread closely and hopefully join in later games.)

Tentatively joining. I've been looking forward to this but my time constraints are an issue right now. Will give it my best shot though :D