NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Rumour says Square-Enix gave Nintendo a choice to publish either Bravely Default or Dragon Quest VII. Nintendo then chose Bravely Default.

That's not to say DQVII will never come, but I'm quite sure Square-Enix are not keen on publishing that one on their own. I don't know will the DQI-VIII on iOS come out from Japan. I also think Horii has next to nothing to do with porting of those games.

Rumour says Square-Enix gave Nintendo a choice to publish either Bravely Default or Dragon Quest VII. Nintendo then chose Bravely Default.

That wasn't true. I do think they were waiting until after Bravely Default to bring it out the localisation though. DQIX did really well under Nintendo, doesn't make sense to me they would deliberately go for a different series.

Also they need stuff for next year.

That wasn't true. I do think they were waiting until after Bravely Default to bring it out the localisation though. DQIX did really well under Nintendo, doesn't make sense to me they would deliberately go for a different series.

Also they need stuff for next year.

DQIX did well sales wise, it was probably the best selling DQ outside of Japan. But you need to remember that it did end up in bargain bins pretty quickly and that Nintendo did put a substantial marketing campaign behind it. Not to mention that the three DS remakes did not sell well to the extent that Nintendo had to pick up DQVI because SE dropped it.

Although, I do agree with you that we will probably see DQVII eventually. Though I think the days of getting the spin off games localised are over. It also depends on what it happening with DQXI which I presume would be in development by now. I wouldn't be surprised if SE experimented with a Smartphone/3DS dual release for it.

This just popped up on the Nintendo of Europe website.

Note this part:

"As a special pre-order bonus, fans in the UK will also be able to get their hands on a smaller artbook when they pre-order either the standalone game or the Collector’s Edition at GAME before launch on 6th December. The game itself will also be available as a download from Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of consoles."

So does that mean there are going to be three different editions for this game? The ShopTo Deluxe Collector's Edition, the GAME Collector's Edition and the standard edition?

Hm. Don't waste all your money on magic like I did and spend it on equipment instead. :3

The soundtrack is available on Square Enix's store.

I'm downloading the demo right now ready for when I finish my reviews for the day, has anyone else given it a go yet? :)

I will not touch this demo! Just like Awakening & Dual Destinies before it, I know that I'm in for a great game and I want to enjoy it all from the get-go.

This just popped up on the Nintendo of Europe website.

Note this part:

So does that mean there are going to be three different editions for this game? The ShopTo Deluxe Collector's Edition, the GAME Collector's Edition and the standard edition?

Ah...artbooks. The token cop out preorder bonus.

I will not touch this demo! Just like Awakening & Dual Destinies before it, I know that I'm in for a great game and I want to enjoy it all from the get-go.

You can get some bonus items if you play the demo. I have no idea what they are though.

Hm. Don't waste all your money on magic like I did and spend it on equipment instead. :3

The soundtrack is available on Square Enix's store.

I'm curious as to whether the soundtrack will be in the same package as its Japanese original. Seriously, I fucking love it:

1185747_10153198069585720_71304148_n.jpg

Curious as to what you guys think of the demo though. Going to try it out myself later, see whether or not it has the new features built in or if it's just an English version of the original JP demo.

The demo is REALLY good, it doesn't tell anything about the story, so you won't get spoiled in any way except gameplay wise.

God this game looks so pretty.

I'm curious as to whether the soundtrack will be in the same package as its Japanese original. Seriously, I fucking love it:

Curious as to what you guys think of the demo though. Going to try it out myself later, see whether or not it has the new features built in or if it's just an English version of the original JP demo.

I might order it if I can remember SE account info and find out. It's probably just the basic jewel case.

The demo has the random enemy encounter rate slider, also it does have 3 save slots as well as the auto save feature so does seem to be based on the "For the Sequel" version. Content seems to be the same.

Finding the game more difficult in English than in Japanese though I might have picked easy when I played in Japanese. Why does (almost) every enemy have a poison move? :cry:

Might actually end up using all 30 demo tries since I decided to wait it out and ask for it for Christmas. Kinda regretting it now. :p

Has anyone found out what carries over from the demo? I don't usually do demos, especially if I know i'm gonna get the game anyway, but I may as well give this a shot if I get some extra goodies in the main game.

Has anyone found out what carries over from the demo? I don't usually do demos, especially if I know i'm gonna get the game anyway, but I may as well give this a shot if I get some extra goodies in the main game.

Seems to be when you complete certain quests a message box pops up saying that you gained certain 'bonus' items for the full game. Comprises of potions and that sort of stuff.

I think the streetpass village carries over as well

Working my way through the demo now. Just finished the first quest. Really not happy with the forced D-pad usage, especially when asked a question, it really fucks up the flow of gameplay.

I don't speak blocks. What is that in MB/GB?

Wish Nintendo would refer to proper sizes!

I don't speak blocks. What is that in MB/GB?

Wish Nintendo would refer to proper sizes!

Roughly 3.24GB.

That file size...

(From Daan)

1DiRcjc.png

The original Japanese release weighs in at 14,777 blocks for those curious.

All those languages man!

WELL, this new Hard Mode certainly ramps up the HP count for the monsters. Some of the button changes are annoying too, will probably cover what's different later on.

Streetpass discoveries:

You can streetpass Japanese copies, even if they don't have the For The Sequel content.

You can't streetpass those playing at harder difficulties from the looks of it (English demo hasn't picked up any streetpasses, not even from my own Japanese copy, playing Hard mode is suffering).

But yeah, my Japanese copy has encountered 6 people playing the demo in Liverpool! It's a shame that..

1422518_10153509771705720_1760162254_n.jpg

Haven't had any Streetpasses for this. :( Thinking about just setting up a "homepass" and doing it that way. :/

OMN have posted their review online:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/56144/reviews/bravely-default-review-review/

This is the road the Final Fantasy series should have taken; a refreshing new take on JRPG that will have fans of the genre giddy with excitement.

90%