NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

"Square Enix registers ‘All The Bravest’ domain, files game-related trademark

It would appear that Square Enix is working on something game-related called “All The Bravest”.

This past week, the company not only registered the domain names AllTheBravest.com and AllTheBravest.net, it also filed a European Community Trademark for the name.

Both domain names were registered through the trademark and domain management company Thomson Brandy on November 29, 2012."

EU name for Bravely Default?

Oh Please let it be so!

This is another game I'm dead fucking sure about buying at launch!

It does sound like they would favour "All the Bravest" over "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy". Personally, it doesn't matter to me what the name is, but you can understand that was always quite a strange one. Very encouraging!

It does sound like they would favour "All the Bravest" over "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy".

All The Bravest sounds quite strange to me, It makes more sense (language wise) than Bravely Default but I think "Bravely Default" seems like a more recognizable name. Flying Fairy I wouldn't mind them dropping thought.

Hope Europe gets to keep that cover art!

I hope for every one's sake this gets an English release, it's absolutely fantastic. I'm already seeing elements from Nintendo era Final Fantasy, PS Era Final Fantasy and the party chat just reeks Tale's of series with how it's handled.

One complaint? There's feeling like a JRPG, but there's also feeling too much like a JRPG. Bosses automatically have status ailment protection? Yeah, no, this shit needs to be changed Square.

But have some faaabulous music! Ringabel is an absolute bro.

I am not often jealous, but you, DebugMode, playing this, in Japan, in Japanese!

You make the most out of it for me too!

がんばれよ!

I am not often jealous, but you, DebugMode, playing this, in Japan, in Japanese!

You make the most out of it for me too!

がんばれよ!

ありがとう~!私は頑張り続けます!

There is going to be one major disadvantage to western audiences for this one if it ever gets localised and that's the Street Pass content. You can use people you come across as summons, which isn't too big of a deal, but each unique player you streetpass allows you to use them in a sub quest of sorts to rebuild the beginning town.

Basically, you get a map with some icons on it. There are icons for weapon, potion, armour shops and some gates that all have a period of time you need to invest in to get them running, which passes while you play the main game but doesn't pass when you're not playing. For example, the level 1 potion store requires an hour of your characters time to get it running and you start off with 2 characters by default so if you dedicate both of them to that 1 location, it gets it running in 30 minutes and divides further if you find other characters via streetpass. Or you can dedicate one to that place and the other to the weapon store which requires around the same amount of time and unlock them together.

The gates however take a good amount of time to complete but unlock further new locations to improve. One of them that I'm seeing requires 99 hours, so you can imagine how streetpass is going to make this a lot easier to progress through rather than using the 2 characters you get by default.

Oh wow, that sucks ass for you guys!

I still have bitter memories about that TWEWY count down..

Indeed.

But they're getting their priorities mixed up.

They should be focusing on bringing the original game over to the west before they go for an iOS port.

Seriously, why don't they just release it. It's bound to sell well since there are hardly any RPG's on the 3DS at the moment. The Japanese demo is excellent.

They can just pull a Sega if they're that worried by the cost, and by that I mean cut the voice acting or heck, open up to the fact there are a lot of people who prefer Japanese audio with subs.

It's a compromise, but I can definitely see the hesitation considering non-main series titles don't exactly sell well in the west for Square.

I'm desperately trying to complete this before Dragon Quest comes out, but my god this game is LONG. I'm 43 hours in and it feels like I'm at the end game, but there's a major problem

I'm at Chapter 4, but I've accidentally found out that there are 8 in total. Holy shit how long is this game?!

I'm desperately trying to complete this before Dragon Quest comes out, but my god this game is LONG. I'm 43 hours in and it feels like I'm at the end game, but there's a major problem

I'm at Chapter 4, but I've accidentally found out that there are 8 in total. Holy shit how long is this game?!

you say that like its a bad thing

now onto more pressing matters

WHERE IS NEWS OF LOCALISATION?!?!?

you say that like its a bad thing

now onto more pressing matters

WHERE IS NEWS OF LOCALISATION?!?!?

It is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing: So much value for your money. Curse: PLS FINISH BEFORE DRAGON QUEST.

Got to the end of the chapter and was going to somewhere I thought could easily be end game material, but then it struck. THE TWIST.

They need to get this game out in English. I would easily buy it again, because some of the plot is far too difficult to understand for me, but I'm understanding the gist of it. Still, mindfucked about what the hell just happened.

Just convinced my Japanese friend to buy a copy of this. All I had to do him was show a boss battle and some character development and he's already fucking loving the character who I consider to be my favourite.

I really hope there's a New Game Plus option at the end of this, because you only get one save and I've been told by a friend there's more than one ending, with the only hint that "You don't have to follow the instructions you're given". Got a feeling that I know what they mean, but I can tell that if it is what I'm thinking, it's going to alter the story so fucking hard.

So for those who want some hint as to what the story is like in this game without reading the plot, the scenario writer also did Steins Gate.

every time you post in here i get a bit of hope its news of an EU release, and each time you stamp out my hope with an epic tale of how good this game is!

damn you but praise you at the same time @Debug Mode

I'm slightly confident that Nintendo's recent news about assisting in localisation has Bravely Default under that umbrella. It's going to be one hell of an effort, as there is a shit ton of dialogue and text to deal with, but I think it will be worth it if Nintendo gets to publish it and work some hype up for it.

I definitely think this is one Nintendo would like to localise. I sort of assumed/hoped they would make sure Dragon Quest VII was released in Europe anyway. Bravely Default seems to have a similar tone to classic-era Final Fantasy titles, which have done well over here in the past.

The other RPG out of the "Big Three" is Etrian Odyssey IV, plus the "life sim" ones like Fantasy Life and Rune Factory 4.

XSeed is bringing out Rune Factory 4 in the US, guess it's up to Nintendo or Ghostlight or maybe a direct eShop release over here.

Dragon Quest VII is a sure thing. I hear it due to be shown at E3, possible at an upcoming 3DS Nintendo Direct but I don't have a reliable source for that.