NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

I'm sure you've all heard about the upcoming enhanced edition coming out in Japan (Called Bravely Default: For the Sequel), if not details are here http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/28/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-announced-for-3ds/ and here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79523993&postcount=86

Well, it seems that this IS the version that we're getting in the west, because it comes with an English (and FIGS) language option! :D Dual language (English/Japanese) audio too :)

vHCxFzg.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/01/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-has-revised-battle-system-english-language-option/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667245

So that explains the delay I guess. It's basically like Final Fantasy 7/10 International all over again :)

Edited by Dcubed

States they have made 100 improvements, here's the ones I can pick out:

• Improved UI.
  • Extended config (Adjustable Random encounter chance (down to half normal encounter rate by the looks of it))
  • Seems have option between English and Japanese voices.
  • Faster Battle Speed
  • Event Viewer
  • Improved Graphics (might just be town, not sure)
  • Improved Party Chat
  • Changes to chapters 7 & 8

Edited by Ike

Yep, confirmed (as if there was any doubt). The version we're getting is the enhanced "for the sequel" version :)

I have no problem with the time it has takes for it to get released over here, what with all the upgrades they've done :D

now there is a good reason for the delay i don't mind as much, still i'd like it to come out next week lol

• Changes to chapters 7 & 8

YES! THANK GOD!

I can't explain why due to spoilers, but 7 & 8 were truly dreadful. Reaching those two, I knew they were going to be tedious due to..things.. but it just came across incredibly lazy. Easily the thing I'm looking towards most.

I hope y'all have got the Bravely hype!

Yup. With Zelda and then this my 3DS is finally going to get some decent playtime in the run up to Christmas. I'm just keep any eye out for the special edition and hoping it's as good as what Japan got.

Surprised we are even getting a collectors edition for this.

Shopto has put it up for preorder this morning, but it's not the CE I don't think.

So they managed to cut off 40hrs without removing any content? Surprising to say the least.

- pause time in the middle of battles

- original version of the game took 70 hours to complete

- this version will take 30 hours

- no content has been cut, but new features and refinements have been made

- only 20% of people in Japan actually reached the game’s true ending

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/09/bravely-default-sequel-completion-time-lowered-70-30-hours/

The only reason why I would have faith that they haven't butchered the game with that new Bravely Second system (and the associated micro transactions) is because Nintendo are localising/publishing the game and I have full faith that they would refuse to publish the game if you couldn't play it in the traditional manner... (much like how Nintendo refused to publish Project Zero 4 when Tecmo refused to patch the game breaking bugs in their buggy mess of a game - if the actual core game of BDFF was ruined in order to accommodate this microtransaction crap, it would go against Nintendo's public stance on this kind of F2P/DLC microtransactions and as such, they wouldn't be publishing the game)

I have zero faith in Square Enix's ability to not fuck up a good thing on their own though... Makes me worry for Theatrhythm Curtain Call... (though hopefully the sheer potential for DLC songs is enough to satisfy their greed...)

Edited by Dcubed

So, what they are saying is that those 'extra' 40 hours are just there due to all sorts of shenanigens in the game that aren't taht fun but just take up a lot of time?

So, what they are saying is that those 'extra' 40 hours are just there due to all sorts of shenanigens in the game that aren't taht fun but just take up a lot of time?

I'm very curious as to how they took away 40 whole hours. From my experience, the two chapters that they said they were going to improve did take up some needless time because they were just very poorly done and offered little to the plot.

I think at most I could have been saved 10, maybe 15 hours? Of course, I'll be comparing once I get my copy.

I'm very curious as to how they took away 40 whole hours. From my experience, the two chapters that they said they were going to improve did take up some needless time because they were just very poorly done and offered little to the plot.

I think at most I could have been saved 10, maybe 15 hours? Of course, I'll be comparing once I get my copy.

There is a fast forward feature in battle. I can see that shaving off a LOT of time...

Unless they really are just referring to the new "Pay to Win" DLC...

There is a fast forward feature in battle. I can see that shaving off a LOT of time...

Unless they really are just referring to the new "Pay to Win" DLC...

Oh, they must have made the fast forward feature a lot faster, because I used that feature all the time haha

Shutupandtakemymoney.

BXQcEU1IIAAWF19.jpg

23rd October 2013 – After a Great Chasm opens and spills darkness into the world, several young heroes must work together to bring light back to Luxendarc in Bravely Default, an enthralling new RPG from Square Enix for Nintendo 3DS family systems. When it's released on 6th December, a premium edition will also be available for those that wish to explore Luxendarc even further: Bravely Default Deluxe Collector's Edition.

The Bravely Default Deluxe Collector’s Edition, which will be available in the UK from ShopTo.net, comes in a game-themed box which contains the following items:

Bravely Default (Nintendo 3DS Game Card)

Agnès Figurine

Deluxe Artbook

34 AR Cards

Original Soundtrack CD

As a special pre-order bonus, fans in the UK will also be able to get their hands on a smaller artbook when they pre-order either the standalone game or the Collector’s Edition at GAME before launch on 6th December. The game itself will also be available as a download from Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of consoles.

Collector's Edition is Shopto only?

Edited by Ike

Why do they have to RUIN the boxart of the packaged games that comes with all collectors editions with a HUGE rating on the box? :(

Otherwise, it's lovely. :)

Hurry up and get it on-site for pre-order Shop-To! :p

Is that the first look that we have had of the PAL box art? Shame about the ugly classification logo as usual.

Does anyone know how ShopTo is with posting internationally, I doubt this edition will be available in Australia (Nintendo Australia didn't even bring over the Wind Waker bundle).

Is this uk . europe exclusive ?

is the game coming out in America and aus at all ?

Are game taking pre orders for the small art book still i cant see any details on the site :(

Edited by yesteryeargames