NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Even though the game has been perfectly-well coloured, am I the only one who really likes the line art too before they add the colour?

I rarely buy games at launch, but I think I´ll have to put this next to Paper Mario 3DS and Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise.

I used to be like that too, but I've become increasingly anxious about limited print runs, especially with handheld games. There are some Japanese 3DS games I want so much I will buy them at launch if they are released in Europe, and those are:

Etrian Odyssey IV

Dragon Quest Monsters

Code of Princess

[EDIT] Oh, and Rocket Slime 3.

Edited by Grazza

You know that's the same trailer that's posted above, and that you've replied too? :p

LoL, blinded by my own drool: peace:

Etrian Odyssey IV

Dragon Quest Monsters

Code of Princess

What a dream team of games!

I wasn't fussed on this to begin with but the more they put out, the more charming and well made the game looks. Could definitely be a very nice offshoot from FF: 4HoL.

I've got a feeling this one will be localised. It seems quite broad-appeal really.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPED FOR THIS!

Day 1, most anticipated RPG along with Paper Mario.

Another host of info; Battle system & Job details the 4th demo is on the way for JP.

- battle system similar to Final Fantasy III

- includes "brave" and "default" commands

- use "default" and Tiz will skip his turn to stock one BP

- choose "brave" to use up one BP and get an extra turn for each BP you have

- hold up a maximum of three BP and unleash four attacks (your regular turn + 3 BP turns) in a row

- you can dip into *negative* BP

- you can take four turns in a row as your first move

- if you defeat the enemy, all is fine

- if any enemies remain after your fourth turn, you have to wait 3 turns to attack again

- you can have Tiz use four attacks in a row, but only have Edea use her regular turn

- if this doesn't destroy all enemies, Tiz will be frozen, but you can still call Edea

- game rewards players who complete battles in one turn with a bonus

- another bonus for finishing a fight without taking damage

- job system includes knight, monk, white mage or black mage

- make your job decision, then Ominous Crow summons a pack of wolves to attack

- white mage spells include cure and poisona

- black mage elemental spells include fire, blizzard, and thunder

- finish this battle quickly to receive potions, experience points and job point

– Ominous Crow sends out a second wave of enemies inlcude two wolves, two goblins, and a sword goblin

- monsters also use the brave & default system

- in the third battle, Ominous Crow makes a group of three zombies appear

- zombies can attack with poisonous claws

- zombies are weak against fire

- Ominous Crow then threatens to call out Bahamut, but instead jumps into the fight himself

- Ominous sometimes attacks with 4 spells in a row

- the knight is a damage absorber and can use a smite skill to attack plus give him or her a defense boost

- Monks have a charge up skill that increases their attack, but it can backfire resulting in damage

- 4th demo on the way

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180223

This limited edition includes a copy of the game, the game's original soundtrack, an art album, an original protect case for 3DS, and a life size AR poster. The latter three items will not be sold separately.

The Collectors Pack costs ¥12,800, double the price of the standard version's ¥6,090. It will be sold exclusively through the Square Enix e-Shop.

COME TO THE WEST!

I still need to finish 4 Heroes of light.

Edited by -Dem0-

This is now confirmed as the official box art.

full.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

From the official Twitter:

"Depending on the circumstances, I don't think it would change. Because I think a lot of people bought a 3DS for Bravely Default."

So, if there's a sequel it should happen on the 3DS.

Apparently if you start a new game file, you'll lose all of your purchased DLC...

I don't know how much DLC was released or the prices for the DLC, but that's pretty disastrous.

Apparently if you start a new game file, you'll lose all of your purchased DLC...

I don't know how much DLC was released or the prices for the DLC, but that's pretty disastrous.

It is. I didn't even know it had DLC. Is it because the cartridge has only one save file (like Dragon Quest IX)? Either way, it's just another thing that makes me think DLC is not a great idea in general.

This game seems to be pretty fucking popular, quite a lot of people I've encountered in the main town area have it as their last played title. Most of the people I see playing their 3DS's in my university though are playing the new Medabot game.

This game seems to be pretty fucking popular, quite a lot of people I've encountered in the main town area have it as their last played title. Most of the people I see playing their 3DS's in my university though are playing the new Medabot game.

That'll be because it has sold 141.529 (mediacreate) this week ;)

Really!? I don't see how that's possible :confused: The DLC is stored in a separate file on the SD Card - and even if it did somehow get deleted, you would surely be able to redownload it for free as normal anyway.

Edited by Dcubed

Really!? I don't see how that's possible :confused: The DLC is stored in a separate file on the SD Card - and even if it did somehow get deleted, you would surely be able to redownload it for free as normal anyway.

I thought exactly the same, your purchases are tied to your e-shop account so surely you don't have to repurchase, just redownload. Which while annoying is hardly that much of an issue

すみませんが、日本の大学にいますか。

I don't know about anyone else, but I think one issue with DLC at the moment is that it comes in a different form to the actual game. For example, I used to buy expansion packs for RollerCoaster Tycoon on the PC, but they all came on disc so it was fine. In the future we might download the entire game and then the DLC, so that will also be fine. At the moment, though, you're likely to buy the game - New Super Mario Bros 2 or Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, for instance - on cartridge, yet the DLC will be downloadable onto your 3DS, not the actual cartridge (correct me if I'm wrong). This way, I see a situation where consumers may not be able to transfer both to future gaming machines. For instance, there will likely be a point where Nintendo handhelds don't have a 3DS slot, and yet in theory you could transfer your DLC to it.

On a happier note, I'm glad Bravely Default is doing well in Japan and I hope that makes it a bit more likely we'll get it in Europe. :)

すみませんが、日本の大学にいますか。

はい、今、私は札幌大学で一年だけ日本語を勉強しています。質問があれば、私にPMを送ってください