NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Was planned for localisation at least. With the recent change of guard at the top of S-E and layoffs at S-E LA, I would've been a bit more cautious than Siliconera regarding celebrations...

Though mind you though, one other guy on GAF was saying how Nintendo were involved in getting the game localised and released in Europe at the least (which seems plausible, given Iwata's new initiative in getting JPN 3DS games released in the west) and that probably wouldn't be affected by a change in CEO, as it would probably be risk free for S-E, so...

Ahh this might have been announced during one of the Nintendo Directs I translated. They mentioned there were 10 titles they had planned right now, with 4 being third party or something. May be remembering it horribly wrong.

Ahh this might have been announced during one of the Nintendo Directs I translated. They mentioned there were 10 titles they had planned right now, with 4 being third party or something. May be remembering it horribly wrong.

The games themselves weren't actually announced, just that Nintendo would be assisting in getting Japanese 3rd party 3DS games released in the west; with at least 10 games due to arrive over here.

I'd imagine that BDFF is one of them as it's one of the biggest JPN only titles (though I'd also bet on that list including Monster Hunter 4, Dragon Quest 7, Fantasy Life, Layton 6 and Layton VS AA)

I would be willing to bet my right testicle that Dragon Quest V is coming West-wards.

I would be willing to bet my right testicle that Dragon Quest V is coming West-wards.

That's a pretty safe bet :laughing:

942423_117299_front.jpg

Confirmed for N.America/Europe. Published by Nintendo.

Bravely Default might be a temp title...

Edited by Ike
grammar

This looks brilliant. Do want.

:D

Hope they stick with the name. It makes no sense, yet it makes perfect sense. Perfect no(n)sense.

For 5 secs during the Nintendo Direct I thought this was the new Zelda!... *Dat Music... Those Candles!* :D

Looks amazing!

Looks very impressive, the 3DS is such a good console it is literally going to bankrupt me I think lol.

Can anyone tell me what this is similar to? I am getting a kind of old school Final Fantasy vibe from the trailer. Also why is it so hyped up? I mean it looks great but is there any reason why it seems to be such a big deal.

For 5 secs during the Nintendo Direct I thought this was the new Zelda!... *Dat Music... Those Candles!* :D

I thought it was Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright at first, thought the candles fitted, plus he was talking about the next Layton game beforehand.

Looks very impressive, the 3DS is such a good console it is literally going to bankrupt me I think lol.

Can anyone tell me what this is similar to? I am getting a kind of old school Final Fantasy vibe from the trailer. Also why is it so hyped up? I mean it looks great but is there any reason why it seems to be such a big deal.

I think the hype purely comes from it looking so damn good since the very first trailer... the artstyle, the amazing visuals, the music etc... and it's got some very creative uses of the 3DS' features I think, but can 't remember.

I think it's a spiritual successor/sequel to a Final Fantasy game.

Can anyone tell me what this is similar to?

Final Fantasy: 4 Warriors of Light, Default has a similar graphical style and battle system.

I think the hype purely comes from it looking so damn good since the very first trailer... the artstyle, the amazing visuals, the music etc... and it's got some very creative uses of the 3DS' features I think, but can 't remember.

Spiritual successor to Final Fantasy 9, the last truly and consitantly good Final Fantasy

It looks as though this is another title we are getting before the US, Mario + Luigi being the other one. While we had a 2013 date revealed, the US had a 2014 one!

It looks as though this is another title we are getting before the US, Mario + Luigi being the other one. While we had a 2013 date revealed, the US had a 2014 one!

It feels good to not be last for once, better than all the previous generations when we could be years behind

It feels good to not be last for once, better than all the previous generations when we could be years behind

Indeed. It also makes up for Fire Emblem. :D

Fuck yeah! Good on Nintendo for recognising this game, it's absolutely fucking brilliant and no amount of praise I can give it would be enough to convey how much I enjoyed it.

One thing's for certain though, I hope the translation effort is a lot better than the subtitles in that trailer :laughing:

I've never played Four Warriors of Light, but it's supposedly exactly like that. But there is definitely an inspiration from Final Fantasy for the game, especially considering some hints from the title ;) but I'll leave that until after every one's managed to buy a copy.. But if there's any Final Fantasy that it closely resembles, it's V.

The reason why it's been so hyped up as it's pretty much the first brand new IP in a while that uses a classic RPG formula, something greatly missed by some fans, and that the people involved are fucking amazing. 5pb are responsible for the scenario, and those are the people behind the behemoth that is Stein's Gate. Sound Horizon, a Japanese fantasy band, are responsible for the soundtrack which is so god damn good that I went out and bought it, something I haven't done since TWEWY.

561314_10152696158620720_1043184404_n.jpg

(Ignore the 3 comics on the bottom, I bought them at the same time)

And this track from the OST is like a mix of the main themes, giving a good idea of the tone

Final Fantasy: 4 Warriors of Light, Default has a similar graphical style and battle system.

Exactly as Ike said. There were rumours about some relation to a Final Fantasy world considering the the subtitle of the game is Flying Fairy, and there's an answer to that assumption in the game ;)

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

Thank you Nintendo for bringing the goodness to us :hug:

FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX FOR SITTING ON YOUR ARSE AND DOING NOTHING! :mad: (It's fucking shameful that you had to rely on Nintendo to do your work for you)

Please Understand. :(

When Nintendo announced they were the publisher of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy the game was slated for late 2013 in Europe and 2014 in North America.

The 3DS role playing game slipped to 2014 for Europe, according to Nintendo’s latest financial report. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will still be released in "later 2013" in PAL regions and 2014 in North America.

It's Fire Emblem Awakening all over again. I fully expect it to see an EU release in April 2014 (two months after it comes out in the US)

It's Fire Emblem Awakening all over again. I fully expect it to see an EU release in April 2014 (two months after it comes out in the US)

Yup, at this point they are trolling Europeans. :D

i am not happy! i wanted this sooner rather than later! i'm sick of being trolled!

Personally, as much as I hoped the 2013 release date would have been true, I was always skeptical about that. Looking at the release schedule, I couldn't find a proper place for the game in there in late 2013.

Sad, but true. Oh well, it's not like I don't have enough games for this year. Then again, words Square-Enix and Europe have never belonged to the same sentence anyway.

I'd rather 2014, too many games coming out towards the end of 2013 as it is.

Me too, especially when you consider the sheer size and epicness of this game, but I also know that there are some people who have been practically stalking this game. Sucks big time for them :/

[b=http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/official_bravely_default_flying_fairy_twitter_account_claims_its_still_down_for_a_2013_european_release]Games official Twitter page says bravely Default is releasing in Europe in 2013.[/b]

Who to believe, then? Maybe we'll find out in todays Nintendo Direct.