Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm "too innocent", but I don't see how this would be a popular target for abusing. I can't remember a forum I've been on, which didn't include this feature as standard, and I can't remember any form of abusement of it (except here, where it's mods who abuse it to make funny titles).

I know I can contact a mod, but I wouldn't need to bother them if I can make a simple adjustment to a title myself.. To clarify I'm talking about a new TV series, and not a movie of the same name in this case. There's a "title" you can edit in the edit screen, but this just shows up on top in the actual thread, not the forum.

You just hate us don't you Dyson?

Also: you can edit titles up to two minutes after making a thread to rectify spelling/grammar/clarity issues.

Edited by Ashley

Yes, unfortunately jayseven's drunken penguin spree may have left us with little base to claim that the users are not responsible enough to manage their own thread titles. I am happy to put it on for a trial period.

Yes, unfortunately jayseven's drunken penguin spree may have left us with little base to claim that the users are not responsible enough to manage their own thread titles. I am happy to put it on for a trial period.

I agree. Mods would/do abuse it way more than we would. :p

Some. I say some, was quite funny mind you. Although crap on a stick at being spammed to hell in my inbox. Shame you can't turn that off. Least I'm not aware you can..

It must have been mentioned before but could there be a forum/subforum for the news posts? It seems silly to create posts for every one in general chat or in other established threads. The forums move through news so fast that it would be nice to have a seperate thread dedicated to each news story.

I mention this now because of the zelda timeline news post. There's some decent comments there and a few of the posters are complaining about a lack of edit ability... if there was a link to the forums at the end or some way of having the thread appear at the bottom of the news post or something (and existing in the forum), it would surely be an improvement. Is something like that possible?

(also that post count thing from before - any developments on that?)

The post count thing: seeing as neither of us have ever noticed it its a tricky one. I did look into that template and couldn't find anything logical. I think I had a google around a while back but I'll check again later.

News posts - we keep trying the automatic RSS feed thing but its temperamental and doesn't work. Likewise I'll try again later today.

I have spent all day avoiding uni work trying to solve the RSS thing and...got nowhere. Tried all different solutions I could think of, the Internet could think of and nothing. Posted on the vBulletin help forum but I remain sceptical.

• 2 months later...

How about a weekly news article covering upcoming games releases on the Wii, DS and 3DS stores now that NoE apparently is giving out info early in the week? It would be great to visit this website and see what's in 'store' for us later on. :)

HAHA how embarrassing, 'cause I even replied to that article. How could I forget that! >_<

Anyway, thank you for the reminder. :D