Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

• 3 weeks later...

I have a nice idea for the IRC chatroom - a trivia feature. One where every member can answer the pop-up trivia to win points, which are stored on a high score table. I remember it being quite addictive back in the day, and it's definitely something that causes people to stick around.

Searching far and wide, of course.

Of course. Searching far and wide for the answer!

Would you try again if I asked nicely? w/Cherrys (potentially atop afforsuggested plea)

I'm not so fond of cherrys (heh, cherry), how about strawberries?

I have a nice idea for the IRC chatroom - a trivia feature. One where every member can answer the pop-up trivia to win points, which are stored on a high score table. I remember it being quite addictive back in the day, and it's definitely something that causes people to stick around.

Aye, might be worth whacking it in a different room though. It can be annoying when you want to talk and there's constant nattering from the Trivia bot.

Aaah! I remember that quiz channel now... Well if we ever get a statsbot sorted out, then I'm sure we'll have all sorts of snazzy/novel/annoying/useless quirks to play with.

IRC stats. Good fun! A bot records everything that's said and records tiny little things like who uses the most emoticons, changes their name the most, talks in all caps most frequently, is in the channel the most, says the most, you know, pointless crap like that.

It's fun to keep an eye on every now and then :D A lot of popular IRC channels have it.

• 2 months later...
IRC stats. Good fun! A bot records everything that's said and records tiny little things like who uses the most emoticons, changes their name the most, talks in all caps most frequently, is in the channel the most, says the most, you know, pointless crap like that.

It's fun to keep an eye on every now and then :D A lot of popular IRC channels have it.

: peace:That could fill up some boring times: peace:

All you need for those is an IRC log, actually, and given I'm in there/idle in there rather alot, I might be able to do that! Though I am absent at times, so it wouldn't count those, and I'm not sure if I have my logging turned on for N-E...I might look into it!

• 3 months later...

Done. It is [noparse]:hug:[/noparse]

Also as it turns out most smilies were still hosted on my photobucket (even though they were uploaded to the site server) so switched em around. So thanks I suppose.

Edited by Ashley