N-Europe

Can't beat a lovely cup of tea....

Raining_again

I now like tea, just gets me awake in the morning since I haven't moved on to coffee just yet.

You know, I never quite understood how this works. How can tea wake you up?

Anyway, I'm not much of a tea-drinker myself, and I don't like coffee. When I've had a bad day I put on something I know will cheer me up, like Friends, and then I eat a crapload of chocolate and wash it down with milk.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I never quite understood how this works. How can tea wake you up?

The same way that coffee does, it contain caffeine.

Though neither tea nor coffee give me energy. It makes me feel sluggish. I actually stopped drinking tea as it used to give me stomach ache. I occasionally drink coffee but generally avoid hot drinks.

I dislike tea but my Dad could drink anyone under the table.

He's doing it wrong.

Yeah, I've heard that being said many times but it turns out, that is dry weight. In a typical cup there is more caffeine in coffee than tea I think.

Since I'm not used to ever drinking coffee, for me tea is strong enough of a caffeine boost for me. Though I believe once I start work the early mornings will spur me on to having coffee!

I usually take two teabags in my cup of tea, so I'm pretty sure I'm pushing my limit, but I like really strong tea.

On a bad day, I usually whack the volume up in my car and scream out a few tunes, get home, whack the kettle on, stick the tv/laptop onto some crap video/film/show and stay there until I can let it go.

I'm much better than I used to be, I'd stress over a bad day for a good couple of days which made things worse, but now it seems to be a bit easier to ignore it. Plus a hot shower helps too!

I usually take two teabags in my cup of tea, so I'm pretty sure I'm pushing my limit, but I like really strong tea.

You could just have less milk.

Assuming you have any.

I enjoy the daily cup of tea. All I ever have before I go to work because I'm too lazy to make myself anything. Usually end up having a Pop Tart at work.

It depends what type of bad day it is, like if it's because of some asshole giving me a hard time then I just go all out boxing, which could go from 5 min to a whole 2 hours, no clocks in the room where my weight training room is.

If it was a long tiring and just plain bad day I usually drink half a bottle of scotch on the rocks, or just have a cold shower and lay on the bed for an hour or two.

There are other ways I deal with bad days depending on what exactly goes on, but those are the 2 main things I do.

Oh and green tea rules, have it every day now, helped me with weight loss as well.