NEurope
Happenstance

Borderlands 2

Good man. Hopefully it won't be botched in the same way the first game was. Really looking forward to playing it cooperatively this time :heh:

I'm worried I could be disappointed by this game, just because of the hype. It's not that I expect the game to be amazing, it's that I'm really, really looking forward to the level of co-op fun I got from the first game.

Im trying to kill my excitement for this game, but everytime this thread is updated, that effort goes to waste....

Much like The Dark Knight, I'm in a very relaxed state about the game.

Also, as Cooky hasn't picked I'll be Zer0 as I like the sound of him. It also sounds very different to the soldier I had last time, which, due to the upgrades/perks I picked, was very much a team support character (shooting teammates healed them, and the very handy team ammo regeneration).

Much like The Dark Knight, I'm in a very relaxed state about the game.

Also, as Cooky hasn't picked I'll be Zer0 as I like the sound of him. It also sounds very different to the soldier I had last time, which, due to the upgrades/perks I picked, was very much a team support character (shooting teammates healed them, and the very handy team ammo regeneration).

Sounds good to me mate.

I have no idea what "join a raid" means, but you can join a match with random people.

Say I planned on going against Terramorphous, but none of my friends online are playing, can I join another party online randomly for co-op action?

Say I planned on going against Terramorphous, but none of my friends online are playing, can I join another party online randomly for co-op action?

In the first game you could so it should be a yes for the sequel. It's sorta drop in/drop out co-op so the game scales depending on the number of players who can drop in or out at anytime but leave the host to continue playing the game.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too exciITS GOING TO BE SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Looks fantastic. But the more physical/special effects and details and amount of enemies onscreen, plus the VERY small snippet of split screen has me worried the split screen is going to be a framerate/slowdown mess.

Cool.

So we got a foursome.

Axton the Soldier - Daft

100px-SoldiernTurret_01.jpg

Maya the Siren - Mat

100px-Siren07.jpg

Salvador the Gunzerker - Cooky

100px-Gunzerker01.jpg

Zer0 the Assasin - Cube

100px-Assassin04.jpg

This going to be awesome!

Can't wait! this is gonna be the tits and will deffo keep me going until Need for Speed : Most Wanted comes out.

Can't wait! this is gonna be the tits and will deffo keep me going until Need for Speed : Most Wanted comes out.

Who's going to host? I would suggest someone with the fastest and most reliable connection. Mines not the greatest at around 7Mb. The host will obviously be the quest decider.

Also, so we don't advance the story out of the co-op, I'm going to have 2 profiles - my Siren for our team, and another for single/random player.

Also, charge your mics!

Is there a team for 360? @bob, @Hero\-of\-Time?

Can't let the PS3'ers have all the fun!

Alas I'm getting it for the PC because I was bad in a past life.

Anyone going to be hosting a PC match on release day? I'm in as Gunzerker/ Dude with sword.

Who's going to host? I would suggest someone with the fastest and most reliable connection. Mines not the greatest at around 7Mb. The host will obviously be the quest decider.

Also, so we don't advance the story out of the co-op, I'm going to have 2 profiles - my Siren for our team, and another for single/random player.

Also, charge your mics!

Mine is advertised at 24Mb...although my max download rate is 720kbps.

...I have no idea what that means.

Mine is advertised at 24Mb...although my max download rate is 720kbps.

...I have no idea what that means.

Do a Speedtest

Mine is currently:

2155817162.png

Although this is through a VPN on my company laptop, my PS3 tells me I'm around 7Mb usually.

If you have anywhere near 24Mb, you should host.

Doing it from my iPhone app I got,

Download: 6.07Mbps

Upload: 1.04Mbps

Ping: 91ms

What's 'Ping' mean exactly?

Edit: Okay, now my Ping is 32ms.

Edited by Daft

Doing it from my iPhone app I got,

Download: 6.07Mbps

Upload: 1.04Mbps

Ping: 91ms

What's 'Ping' mean exactly?

Edit: Okay, now my Ping is 32ms.

I'm no expert, but I think the ping is the time it takes for a signal to travel to the client - in this case your ISP's server, and back again. So it took your iPhone ping 32 milliseconds to travel there and back.

To translate it to a gaming application, it takes x milliseconds from when you pull the trigger, connect to the player and register, then feedback to your console telling you the player has been hit. Although there are other factors that can increase the ping or 'lag', such as controller response and TV calibration.