Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Dante

Didn't realise that drug-addicts brought about such cunt-ishness in people.

Do the people who seem oddly happy about her being dead not have family or friends who've been affected by any kind of addiction?

As for the people moaning that her quality of life was better than an average joe... really, you're actually putting that out as an argument?

EDIT: Holy shit I had no idea argument was spelt like that, always thought it was spelt arguement.

Crazy!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get the hate. She chose drugs and alcohol but why would you hate a person who you don't even know because of that? I get that having a shitty life isn't a reason to you or to me but to her, it might have been a way to escape it. She may not have been able to handle the fame or she may not have had a great childhood which affected her when she was older. I absolutely can't believe the amount of hate she's getting, it's like she's killed someone or did an unspeakable crime the way a few of you are going on. She's made a few mistakes in life but haven't we all? True that she's paid the price for it now but why hate her for it? I'm not a big fan of her...well, I'm not even a fan of her, just a couple of songs, but I knew that she did have a good voice and I knew her music touched other people's hearts. The only thing I didn't like her for was her behaviour (i.e. punching people and throwing microphones at people in stage) and her refusal for help because she really did need it but that was her choice and hers alone. I don't hate her for it though.

Damn, as if I said that much...

Hi! You're a fucking ignoramus!

Why, what have I said that is incorrect? She knew what would happen if she took drugs, she knew the risks. She got what she had coming. You're obviously such a soft, out-of-touch liberal minded jerk that you have sympathy for some fool who knew what they were doing was wrong but continued down that line until their death.

Whilst I have sympathy for her parents, she deserves none. In fact less than none, as she is role model for many young people.

People say they 'don't get the hate', well I certainly don't hate Amy Winehouse, I just have utter contempt and disdain for her.

To start with i'm not happy she's dead, I didn't celebrate when I heard it, I just wasn't surprised. As for everyone going on about addicition and what it does to families, i've seen it happen twice to very close family members and having done everything possible to help them and have it shoved back in your face everytime, it then becomes difficult to suddenly feel sorry for them when the inevitable happens. It's obviously not that easy though, because they are still family and subconsciously you'll never loose sight of that and you'll always wonder if there was anything else you could have done. On the other side, having also seen someone die from a terrible disease such as Cancer and knowing they can't do anything about it, I struggle to empathise with addicts, a disease they have so much control over, if only they want to. Obviously with Amy, I have no emotional ties so I can see it differently.

People will always disagree but just because you're not in pieces and don't consider her dying in any way tragic doesn't mean you're wrong or sick. She isn't a martyr and some people would do well to remember that.

Edited by Jon

You're obviously a brainwashed, believe-everything-they-sayer who has no experience of the alternative lifestyle, no comprehension of a meaning bigger than 9-5, no belief in the concept of empathy beyond those close to you. You are unable to see faces in the street and the lives, entire lives they represent.

People are different. You are conservative and believe that logic is somehow natural to humans, despite emotion and experience. You are the sort of person who will lie on their deathbed and realise that maybe you should've lived a little.

Or maybe I'm just reading massively into your person based on a few forum posts. Like you are.

You should read the article Dan posted that Russel Brand wrote (yeah, I'm sure you hate him already, thus you will be unable to read his article without shunning every sentence as you read it). It provides insight into a world you refuse to exist - the illness of addiction - the spiral, the trap that the human mind can find itself in. Nobody starts taking drugs in order to get any where near that sort of level of addiction. They don't believe it'll happen to them. Nobody is aware of how truly impossible it is to break your own mind's routine - to stop the thoughts. You have no concept. Breaking free from a mental illness is essentially the task to stop being you.

One develops a sense of empathy when one touches the mental boundaries and has a true sense of how fucked up one can get. You have clearly no understanding whatsoever on mental illness. You hate drugs therefore you hate anyone who takes them. You see in black and white and are unable to comprehend teh intricate complexities of everything. Every moment in time, every choice made by anyone. You get a rude cashier in a shop and you think they're a twat. You don't consider that they might've just had an exceedingly rude customer, or may've just been diagnosed with cancer, or lost their cat. You just see their action for its face value, and are unable to imagine other scenarios.

Which is why we lol when you post.

You should read the article Dan posted that Russel Brand wrote (yeah, I'm sure you hate him already, thus you will be unable to read his article without shunning every sentence as you read it).

Tis true, I despise Brand to the max. But he managed to beat his addiction, if I'm reading that correctly. And (to my knowledge) nothing big has happened to Winehouse to prompt her to relapse (Unless you count being booed off stage by your fans at a concert because you turned up drunk) whereas Brand had that radio shizzle with Wossy and he still came out alright addiction wise.

Those that blame her upbringing for becoming addicted to whatever are missing the point. If we blame someone's past for everything they did wrong, many wrongdoers could evade punishment. Someone saw a rape and became a rapist themselves? Let them off the hook! No. :blank:

It all comes down to restraint. Winehouse clearly didn't have any/enough. But we're blurring two lines into one here. Sympathy/lack of for her dying and how much of a crack-whore she was. Granted they are linked though, but not as much as it seems people are implying.

So here's a picture of a kitten and bunny, now go people, post somewhere else!

rabbitandkitten.jpg

You're obviously a brainwashed, believe-everything-they-sayer who has no experience of the alternative lifestyle, no comprehension of a meaning bigger than 9-5, no belief in the concept of empathy beyond those close to you. You are unable to see faces in the street and the lives, entire lives they represent.

People are different. You are conservative and believe that logic is somehow natural to humans, despite emotion and experience. You are the sort of person who will lie on their deathbed and realise that maybe you should've lived a little.

Or maybe I'm just reading massively into your person based on a few forum posts. Like you are.

You should read the article Dan posted that Russel Brand wrote (yeah, I'm sure you hate him already, thus you will be unable to read his article without shunning every sentence as you read it). It provides insight into a world you refuse to exist - the illness of addiction - the spiral, the trap that the human mind can find itself in. Nobody starts taking drugs in order to get any where near that sort of level of addiction. They don't believe it'll happen to them. Nobody is aware of how truly impossible it is to break your own mind's routine - to stop the thoughts. You have no concept. Breaking free from a mental illness is essentially the task to stop being you.

One develops a sense of empathy when one touches the mental boundaries and has a true sense of how fucked up one can get. You have clearly no understanding whatsoever on mental illness. You hate drugs therefore you hate anyone who takes them. You see in black and white and are unable to comprehend teh intricate complexities of everything. Every moment in time, every choice made by anyone. You get a rude cashier in a shop and you think they're a twat. You don't consider that they might've just had an exceedingly rude customer, or may've just been diagnosed with cancer, or lost their cat. You just see their action for its face value, and are unable to imagine other scenarios.

These are my thoughts too. Put stunningly/better than I ever could have.

Yeah of course. Because I don't subscribe to drugs or a degenerate lifestyle of addiction I'm a Mr 9 to 5 who hasn't lived a little?

I can assure you, I've lived plenty and had more than my fair share of amazing experiences.

The difference is, I never needed drugs to achieve them.

Had a shitty life excuse just doesn't cut it, many people have had far a shitter life with no discernible talent like hers and haven't turned to drugs. I feel sorry for her family, watching someone do that to themselves and refuse all your help is awful, trust me.

You have no idea of the person she was, or how she dealt with the issues that lead to the abuse. Oh, and please don't end a setence with lines such as "trust me" or "end of". It's incredibly aggrivating.

My sister and I had a pretty decent life growing up all things aside, and yet she ended up turning to drugs, and her life is basically going down the drain as every week passes, and has been for the past 6 years because she refuses to acknowledge her problems or take responsibility for her life. She refuses to accept any help, and consequently, I've not seen or heard from her in about 2 and a half years. We had the same up-bringing, but I would never go down that path. Maybe that's because I've seen it happen to someone, or maybe it's simply down to personaility differences. My point is, you don't know so can't simple decide she had it easy and pass it off as her own fault.

You have no idea of the person she was, or how she dealt with the issues that lead to the abuse. Oh, and please don't end a setence with lines such as "trust me" or "end of". It's incredibly aggrivating.

My sister and I had a pretty decent life growing up all things aside, and yet she ended up turning to drugs, and her life is basically going down the drain as every week passes, and has been for the past 6 years because she refuses to acknowledge her problems or take responsibility for her life. She refuses to accept any help, and consequently, I've not seen or heard from her in about 2 and a half years. We had the same up-bringing, but I would never go down that path. Maybe that's because I've seen it happen to someone, or maybe it's simply down to personaility differences. My point is, you don't know so can't simple decide she had it easy and pass it off as her own fault.

It's always their fault, you make a choice to take drugs, you don't just suddenly ingest them whilst eating a Mars. I've seen some pretty disturbing things due to the effects of drugs and you clearly have been affected too but my view isn't wrong because it doesn't correspond with yours.

I just don't get the whole 'it's ok to do drugs if you've had a shitty life'. Addiction is addiction, whether that be to Tobacco, Alcohol or Drugs. Yes, they all have differing physical effects but mentally addiction is the same.

There are many more reasons to take drugs than having a shit life, or being depressed. And once you become addicted then it's a horrible thing to try and get over.

You can't say some 30 year old man on the street deserves to be there because he knew what he was getting into. Like he knew at 15 years of age what addiction does to a person. There are plenty of functioning addicts in society, and it doesn't mean that because you take drugs, you know you will die and don't care for your life at all.

What's so great about living until you're 95 anyway?

On the other side, having also seen someone die from a terrible disease such as Cancer and knowing they can't do anything about it, I struggle to empathise with addicts, a disease they have so much control over, if only they want to. Obviously with Amy, I have no emotional ties so I can see it differently.

I think you should learn a bit more about addiction considering the way it's changed your life, it's more than the simple development of tolerance and it's more than having withdrawal symptoms.

She isn't a martyr and some people would do well to remember that.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

We're not absolving her by asking you to review the crap you've blessed this thread with.

Nobody's claimed she's a martyr. I'm not sure why I bother to point this out. Some people liked her music, k?

People talk about problems. I remember watching a documentary on BBC iPlayer called The Scheme. It followed the lives of several real families on a Scottish housing scheme. Drug abuse was rampant there. Whilst I didn't condone it one bit, the people there had real problems. They were uneducated, unemployed, lived in squalid conditions, many were poor and violence and criminality was a day to day issue for many fo the families.

What were Winehouse's problems? Not knowing how to spend her royalty cheques? Having a loving family? Being well educated and having a great unbringing? Having too many adoring fans? No, she didn't have real problems, the kind normal people face everyday. She in fact lived a life most would dream of. Yet she threw it away in a selfish and degenerate orgy of drugs - hurting her family and setting an awful example for those who would classify her as a role model.

This is all her own doing. She chose her path, I have no sympathy. She also had everyone bending over backward to get her on the right track, she would have been afforded the world's best rehab and medical care - unlike the inhabitants of the Scottish housing scheme. Yet she refused it to live a hedonistic life of drug abuse.

How anyone can have sympathy for her is beyond me. Liek I said, I feel for her parents, it must be awful for them to see her go down that path and to eventually see her die.

The bottom line is quite simple. If you repeatedly ingest something you know will kill you, you've made your bed. When you end up lying in that bed you deserve no sympathy.

No one can have problems because other people have bigger problems?

Got your car robbed? Shut up some people don't even have a car.

Mistreated at work? Fuck off some people don't even have food to eat.

Nintendo is not catering the Wii to the hardcore? Your complaints are a mockery of the women forced into prostitution.

The world doesn't work that way. Anyone can have problems, doesn't matter how much money they have.

The role model tripe you're pushing Zechs is of zero worth. I live for myself, I don't live to be a role model, and I'll be fucking damned if I base my life on role models. To hell with role models you boring cunt.

The rest of your story is cack too of course.

No one can have problems because other people have bigger problems?

Got your car robbed? Shut up some people don't even have a car.

Mistreated at work? Fuck off some people don't even have food to eat.

Nintendo is not catering the Wii to the hardcore? Your complaints are a mockery of the women forced into prostitution.

The world doesn't work that way. Anyone can have problems, doesn't matter how much money they have.

What a silly and childish comment. Are you suggesting that living on a sink estate in abject poverty is the same as something trivial like not having enough games to play on your Wii?

The fact is, everyone does have problems. But suggesting that Amy Winehouse had problems comparable to people living in poverty on a Scottish housing scheme with no prospects, surrounded by substance abusers is utter crap.

The role model tripe you're pushing Zechs is of zero worth. I live for myself, I don't live to be a role model, and I'll be fucking damned if I base my life on role models. To hell with role models you boring cunt.

The rest of your story is cack too of course.

I'd love to bump into you, I really would.

What a silly and childish comment. Are you suggesting that living on a sink estate in abject poverty is the same as something trivial like not having enough games to play on your Wii?

That's not what he's saying at all. Stop attacking a straw man.

The fact is, everyone does have problems. But suggesting that Amy Winehouse had problems comparable to people living in poverty on a Scottish housing scheme with no prospects, surrounded by substance abusers is utter crap.

No-one is saying she had problems comparable to those you just mentioned. But she clearly had problems, and yet a couple of posts back you were insinuating that she didn't have any, or somehow her wealth and celebrity cancel out any problems she may have had. Celebrities are human too.

As people have already said, we don't know her, so we shouldn't be passing judgement on her.

Anyway, I don't understand why some people have so much contempt for addicts. As Russell Brand said: "We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care".

That's not what he's saying at all. Stop attacking a straw man.

No-one is saying she had problems comparable to those you just mentioned. But she clearly had problems, and yet a couple of posts back you were insinuating that she didn't have any, or somehow her wealth and celebrity cancel out any problems she may have had. Celebrities are human too.

As people have already said, we don't know her, so we shouldn't be passing judgement on her.

Anyway, I don't understand why some people have so much contempt for addicts. As Russell Brand said: "We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care".

No, well she didn't have REAL problems. The kind faced by the people on The Scheme. She was faced by the kind of 'problems' that most people would regard as trivial. And the fact is wealth is an issue here, because most people who have REAL problems would be able to alieviate them if they had more money - it's called poverty.

We're passing judgement because she behaved in an appalling manner and brought about her own death - which is why many people will have zero sympathy for her and treat her death with contempt and disdain.

Treating drug addicts as 'sick people' is just a liberal way of absolving guilt. When someone makes the choice to take drugs and go down that path it's conscious thing. No one hides it in their hamburgers and tricks them into it.

All liberals do is absolve people of their own guilt and the choices they make. Everyone is a victim.

Everyone deserves sympathy, that's maybe the problem that I have with some posts in here. A lack of empathy.

No they don't.

When some drunk driver mows down a child outside a school does the driver deserve sympathy? No.

In this case, she made a choice, she deserves none. Sympathy is reserved for her family and those who tried to help her who sadly have to live with her choices and her foolish behaviour.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!