NEurope
Dyson

The Music Thread

I'm already looking forward to Lana Del Rey's Born To Die. Although I'm unsure what to think of her as a whole. :)

They went out right at the peak of their fame because one of them didn't want the limelight and the other wouldn't carry on without him. In the fame hungry world that we now live in, it's refreshing to look back and see that wasn't everything for some people.

/ Darren Hayes has been a solo artist for years now. :p

With some good/interesting songs too.

Still listen to that a lot! ^

I too grew up with Savage Garden playing in the house, that one and the first album (black and white cover) - but only know a few songs off by heart as I have my mum's favourites in my itunes from when we shared a familial MP3 collection. Had this stuck in my head coincidentally yesterday!

*dances*

/ Darren Hayes has been a solo artist for years now. :p

With some good/interesting songs too.

Still listen to that a lot! ^

I too grew up with Savage Garden playing in the house, that one and the first album (black and white cover) - but only know a few songs off by heart as I have my mum's favourites in my itunes from when we shared a familial MP3 collection. Had this stuck in my head coincidentally yesterday!

*dances*

I know Darren Hayes has been a solo artist for years :heh:

I meant he didn't carry on with the Savage Garden brand even though he never wanted it to end. He could have by rights recruited another douche and kept going. Thankfully he wasn't/isn't that sort of guy.

The iTunes version of Affirmation has all the tracks live too (taken from their live DVD) and i've listening to it all day long.

I'm already looking forward to Lana Del Rey's Born To Die. Although I'm unsure what to think of her as a whole. :)

Yup I also can't wait Coolness.

I already have a slight obsession with her. Her song 'Off To The Races' was the record of the week on iTunes so was free. I also love that song.

Born to Die is an amazing song. The video is also great. Lana and tigers. Yay! : peace:

Yup I also can't wait Coolness.

I already have a slight obsession with her. Her song 'Off To The Races' was the record of the week on iTunes so was free. I also love that song.

Born to Die is an amazing song. The video is also great. Lana and tigers. Yay! : peace:

I love her voice.

The video for Born to Die is too polished for my liking but that is only because I am used to the likes of her earlier efforts in Videogame/Kinda Outta Luck. Feels weird to see her in 1080p. Always weird to see the evolution of an artist.

A silly video with an almost cheeky end.

What I have been listening to last night/today.

Amy Winehouse - Lioness: Hidden Treasures.

AmyWinehouseLionessHiddenTreasures600PR311011.jpg

A nice posthumous compilation that just reaffirms that she had a good voice.

Sleigh Bells - Treats.

Sleigh-Bells-Treats.jpg

I have no idea why I haven't listened to this before. It's not as if I didn't know about it I never really cba. How silly of me it is excellent. :grin: I :heart: the album cover.

Emika - Emika

emika.jpg

Some curious dubstep, it invades my mind. :)

I don't really like saying it, which is being silly really, but I think 'Our Day Will Come' is a terrible. I think she sounds awful/completely out of tune. Whether that's because it's somewhat unfinished or not I don't know. Also as a song it just goes no where.

Haven't heard the rest of the album though, so should give it a listen sometime.

I'm so not interested in Lioness, but then I was never that impressed/into the style of Back of Black in contrast with her first album Frank. Yeah Back to Black is good and she had a good voice (I even saw her live and she was excellent), but she just doesn't get me excited or wanting to come back with her BtB style shizz.

Give me this anyday:

Over the jazz standards she became famous for. Sorry.

Catching up with new artists for the new year;

• Destroyer - Kaputt
  • EMA - Past Life Martyed Saints
  • Fucked Up - David Comes To Life
  • Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
  • James Blake - James Blake
  • St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
  • TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
  • The Weeknd - House Of Balloons - Thursday - Echoes of Silence
  • Wild Flag - Wild Flag

I've been listening to the 8-Bit music channel on Last.FM recently, found quite a few tracks that I like, the best of which so far has to be this...

:heart:

Oh god why? Why did I do it?!

Nightmare before Christmas soundtrack with the covers....the best that can be said is the artists tried to be original. And flyleaf is still shit.

My ears...they hurt.

I assume I've posted it before, but surely some others here have already heard the thunderous coming of Azealia Banks? First heard the earth-shattering 212 when Pitchfork posted about it, before I noticed EVERYONE screaming her name and crying etc. I just loved her face then was stunned. But regardless, everyone real is in awe.

The beats are so un-shit rap/hip-hop. So stun/ Think it's someone else's, but no one cares. Her wordplay/delivery is so much. UGH.

What you gonna do when I appear?

W-when I premier

Bitch the end of your lives are near

This shit been mine, mine!

What you gonna do when I appear

W-when I premier

Bitch the end of your lives are near

This shit been mine, mine!

It's like the cry of Death as she comes for the final embrace. Had it for months but I can never listen to it just once when I play it, it's never enough.

Also OMGworthy is

Makes Nicki Minaj (even when she goes her hardest) seem really try-hard and facile.

Edited by Paj!

Can't stop listening to some of the breakbeat classics from the late nineties/ early noughties, and this is the fucking epitome of the best of that genre:

Can't get enough of Adam Freeland.

Madonna is on Graham Norton right now... I'm not bothering to watch... but just seen her and she looks wierdly different. Kind of a fuller face. [/Work done]

I love how it never ends. It just keeps going and going until YOU'RE out of breath.

/ EW That single/video version cuts out loads. The album version is 4.27. I prefer that one.

Edited by Paj!

I love how it never ends. It just keeps going and going until YOU'RE out of breath.

/ EW That single/video version cuts out loads. The album version is 4.27. I prefer that one.

I've only heard that version but thanks for the heads up, I'll track down the album version on YouTube now! :hug:

I HATE that Beyoncé song with a burning passion.

The fact it never ends makes me want to rip the cd out and break it.

Therefore the track is quickly skipped :heh:

Is there nobody left who still likes punk, metal, even genuine indie/acoustic etc?

Has everyone here grown out of it? Is the guitar dead/dying?

I don't see a single music post on these forums anymore that isn't either pop (typically the most obvious/current solo female artists, sometimes some mid-nineties nostalgia-fest) or dubstep/ebm/dance.

Is there nobody left who still likes punk, metal, even genuine indie/acoustic etc?

I don't see a single music post on these forums anymore that isn't either pop (typically the most obvious/current solo female artists, sometimes some mid-nineties nostalgia-fest) or dubstep/ebm/dance.

This is why I haven't bothered checking the music threads too much :p

I like punk, alt rock, indie, garage rock etc etc. Mostly indie.

A track from the new album by The Maccabees:

And a song from Summer Camp who I only discovered recently:

I don't check the music thread too much because people don't argue enough about music these days. All this "being respectful of other people's tastes" stuff is really boring. So, how about [current popular music artist], guys? You'd have to be stupid to like them, don't you think?

Here's an acoustic cover for Shorty:

It's like you've never been in the music thread before.