NEurope
Dyson

The Music Thread

Yup, once again, Harrison was an overentitled, barely literate shit for brains that made his tastelessness regarding his own overwhelming wealth known by the fact that he was whining about being in the countries highest tax bracket (which at the time was at 95%), regardless of the fact that this still left him with more money than he could spend in a lifetime of extravagance.

I say this as a (faintly/somewhat/perhaps not really come to think of it) proud member of the Labour party - if people were getting taxed 95% I'd complain whether I was in the bracket or not. Still, I guess this doesn't cancel out the fact that Harrison was writing in self interest and indulged in the worst kind of 'woe is rich me' bullshit that seems all too common these days. Weirdly, my favourite Beatles album by a mile is The Magical Mystery tour, which most people don't rate so highly by comparison to the rest of their catalogue.

ANYWAY, this being the music thread:

Because this is the music thread on n-europe forums.

Here to promote Azealia Banks again. Surely anyone following current music will have heard of her, she's kinda exploding in a 'simmering below' way.

212 is of course the song, but I'm so wet for her others too. She's a genuinely exciting artist, compared to people like Lana Del Rey. And really makes Nicki Minaj and co seem just...stupid. Silly.

Unf!

The 90's house beat just makes it. It's like she made it to appeal to me.

And her iconic/amazing/the most exciting song of 2011 -

I'm Rapunzel / Kick it with your bitch who come from Parisian

Edited by Paj!

I have to say, Guido's Anidea has to be an early contender for album of the year for me. Just inverts everything that has become so po faced about Dubstep and is instead so overtly sensual that I can't help but somehow feel transported into the world of the cover art; some sort of weird concatenation of extra terrestrial organisms and led lights. Fuck me, it's fucking sex.

Found out Azelia Banks is playing in Dublin next week but her concert is sold out : (

I have to say, Guido's Anidea has to be an early contender for album of the year for me.

The Youtube video says 2010...?

Welp, I need to get my shit straight. To be fair though, someone who works for Warp records sent that my way so I assumed he was correct. Either way, amazing amazing album.

ca9456ad89fef6c66a71b99b32dfe05e_XL.jpg

I haven't been so excited for an album in ages. Considering I have no opinion on the first single, that's such a joke. Even if it's bad I feel like it won't dent my love.

L U V M A D O N N A

Give me all your love and give me all your love

World's most "..." chorus? Yes. Give a shit? She does not.

So the new Air album is streaming on the guardian:

Over here yo!

Listening through, first impressions are positive. Anyone else like a bit of Air?

How is y'all music stored? :)

Most of mine is digital but just haphazardly placed on my hardrive/poorly labelled I'm going to sort that out in a minute and make it neat.

I still buy some CDs but recently I'm trying to get all of The Beatles and Joanna Newsom, I have actually come round to the idea of digital storage for my music anyway, Blurays still entice me greatly.

So pleased K. Flay new EP for free was emailed to me the other day. :D

I ripped all my CDs to FLAC a couple of years ago and have the files stored on an internal HDD (Artist Title\Album Title\Track Number - Track Title) and backed-up on an external HDD. The CDs live in the loft. Any new music I get is digital and I put it in the same place but in a "Downloaded folder" so that I know it is not ripped.

Tag-wise I only use Artist, Track Title, Album Title, Year, Track Number and Replay Gain values. Any downloaded tracks I get, I strip them down to this set of tags. In all my tags all the first letters of every word are capitalised.

If I need non-flac files for any reason I used foobar2000 to transcode.

My music is all in one folder... and many folders are contained within that folder making one hell of a mess. It's so unbelievably mixed up. It's like a messy draw, it looks fine from the outside but you open it and your jaw hits the floor as to just how painfully unorganised it is.

Anyway, music eh? I was playing Ouendan! for the first time in ages and heard a song by Ken Hirai, it wasn't this one but it was a case of many Youtube suggestions later...

This song is amazing (if your into that kind of thing) and he makes my heart melt.

I used to be pretty neat and tidy with my music collection.

Since Spotify I've cared a lot less about that though.

Looking forward to the day when I can comfortably have no MP3s on my PC.

So the new Air album is streaming on the guardian:

Over here yo!

Listening through, first impressions are positive. Anyone else like a bit of Air?

New album is great.

Madonna is playing Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh. When I'm there.

200tlp5jpg.giftumblr_lhx58exoOc1qzidas.gif

I never imagined this day would come. But then she's always had such a soft spot for Scotland.

Bagpipedonna

I know her tickets are outrageously expensive - she even admitted as much on tv recently (I love though, not even trying to lie). I'll get the cheapest seat and love it. I NEED TO.

And after watching her flawless Superbowl performance I'm even more in the mood. The queen of life.

Madonna-Super-Bowl-Entrance-e1328491626715.jpg

Murrayfield is such a shit stadium for shows though, so horribly designed and laid out. If you've never been before and you've got standing tickets, it can be an adventure getting onto the pitch.

I've only seen one concert there before and was seated (and have seen tonnes of rugby matches and things there, again seated)...

But it was confusing finding my way around last time. Only cause I was late and missed my party sitting down.

I like Madonna. I really do enjoy her music but I'm not sure about that performance. Perfect? It was a little lazy & as far as I'm concerned if you're going to lip-sing...uhr -- no. I'm presuming though, it sounds like she did.

It was enjoyable, I'll admit. It kept my attention for the full 12 / 13 mins.

I like Madonna. I really do enjoy her music but I'm not sure about that performance. Perfect? It was a little lazy & as far as I'm concerned if you're going to lip-sing...uhr -- no. I'm presuming though, it sounds like she did.

It was enjoyable, I'll admit. It kept my attention for the full 12 / 13 mins.

She doesn't lip sync normally - she only did so because this is the most watched few hours of television of the year in the US. And this superbowl actually ended up being the most watched show in television history. (Not sure if just in the US or the world)

She wanted it to go without a hitch, so I forgive her lipsyncing, as she actually bothered to rerecord all the vocals - it wasn't like it was just the album track playing in the background.

--

aaaaaaannnnd I'm seeing her in July with Chairdriver! Wooooooo!

My body is ready.

Edited by Paj!

Lana Del Rey.

I've felt like I've know everything about her through the media, even though I've hadn't heard any of her music until yesterday. I'm left feeling underwhelmed, I don't know why but I expected something more. She's been built up to be the best thing since they thought about slicing bread and I don't get it. Is it just the media going silly?

Yes.

I like the album, but the hype/hatred/media circus is bizarre. It is what it is. She's not going to change music.

Lana Del Rey. She's been built up to be the best thing since they thought about slicing bread and I don't get it. Is it just the media going silly?

I haven't seen any of this 'best thing since sliced bread' hype. More the opposite. 'Most boring artist in history'... etc. :blank:

The media are so hyped on her as they are either loving her, or hating her. So people expect something extraordinary when they hear her music.

But she is the best thing since sliced bread anyway, sooo... :)

I haven't seen any of this 'best thing since sliced bread' hype. More the opposite. 'Most boring artist in history'... etc. :blank:

The media are so hyped on her as they are either loving her, or hating her. So people expect something extraordinary when they hear her music.

But she is the best thing since sliced bread anyway, sooo... :)

What you've heard is a direct result of the hype.

check this out! and please suggest songs i am looking to have more variety in my collection

Anyone else excited for the tour location reveal tomorrow? No? Ok. Well I am. My Dad is willing to pay into the hundreds to get us to one of the dates. Fingers crossed.