Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Shorty

I've been hearing from some Fairy Tail viewing pals of mine, that the anime is going to be cancelled soon. I've been interested in this for quite some time, as I knew it was from the same guy who made Rave Master; I use to watch the dub on TV years ago. It was an OK show, confused the hell outta me though.

Besides, as I was saying I thought about starting this series eventually as I've heard many good things about it and it looks quite fun, but my question is; Do any of you read/watch Fairy Tail? If so, what are your thoughts?

Isn't that the manga where the author got accused of plagiarism? Panels were completely identical in parts.

I've read a large chunk of the manga, it's pretty good, very funny in place, has a One Piece feel to it (not least because of the art style). Shame the anime might be canned, thought it was pretty popular.

Because one of the main characters looks like Nami?

Speaking of One Piece, got my copy of Season 4 Voyage 4 today. More Water 7 goodness. :bowdown:

How different can a manga character really look? :heh: if we took the hair off all manga characters you wouldn't be able to tell many apart, especially within individual series.

There's no way that One Piece and Dragonball characters look alike (and we could say the same for Naruto, Death Note, Evangelion, etc.). Each mangaka/artist has their own art style, after all.

When it's the same mangaka/artist, sure, the characters will look alike, but the issue with One Piece and Fairy Tail in the first place is that the authors are different.

I'm incredibly hyped for something that will most likely turn into a dud rather than what I'm hoping.

Basically, the manga version of Neon Genesis Evangelion, which started before the TV series to hype it up, is still fucking going and, presuming there isn't a massive twist coming, is pretty much at the conclusion of the story. It's been done by the co-creator of the original TV series Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and the story has seen some major differences, but the ending is basically End of Evangelion with only subtle differences (like Gendo meets Neo from the Matrix).

This month, the fucker has had yet another break which is the main reason why this shit still isn't finished. But, there was page announcing a new project that will debut in the next issue. It'll probably turn out to be another alternate reality spin off that Evangelion has seen a lot of, but I'm desperate hoping for a manga telling of something many people are dying to learn about after seeing the new Evangelion movie.

new_eva_project.jpg

Don't let me down Sadamoto, you lazy fucker.

EDIT: Checked the dates and it has been 18 years a month since the manga started, he really needs to finish it.

Edited by Debug Mode

I stopped reading those when I couldn't get one of the special edition volumes, I think around 7 or 8, for less than a ridiculous amount of money, because they weren't reprinting it. Didn't want to download it and didn't want to mix normal with special editions, so I just have this unfinished collection sitting on my shelf.

Special edition volumes? Those exist? I've got the first prints of all of them except for 10..

First print for volume 2 is nothing special though, there was a major error in the margins and most of them ended up being half a centimetre or a full centimetre shorter than the regular sized volumes.

I have volume five of those larger editions of the Eva manga, they're a nice size and printed on decent stock. The smaller sized ones are nicer though and I'd buy them all if I could ever find them in the nearby comic stores. For such a popular series the Evangelion manga is ridiculously hard to find.

I have volume five of those larger editions of the Eva manga, they're a nice size and printed on decent stock. The smaller sized ones are nicer though and I'd buy them all if I could ever find them in the nearby comic stores. For such a popular series the Evangelion manga is ridiculously hard to find.

Yeah, they've recognised that issue and are now selling them in 3-in-1 volumes to make stocking them easier. Seems to be the thing Viz is focussing now for older volumes of their franchises.

Funny, this thread's direction. I've actually been watching Evangelion for the first time, recently (though I did watch a few episodes when I was a kid).

So...what the comments here are telling me is that the Manga isn't finished. So, does the Anime becomes its own thing at one point (a la Fullmetal Alchemist)?