Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Edit: Apparantly Eboue is in talks with Galatasaray. Mass clear-out by Wenger, eh?

Been on the cards for weeks that, Wenger has even stated in press conferences he was as good as gone. Final sign was Gervinho given Eboue's number 27.

Cesc Fabregas becomes the modern day Liam Brady, same age, considered the clubs best talent and only won one FA Cup.

Clever PR move by Arsenal today. Carl Jenkinson selected for our press conference before the Champions League qualifier. As an Arsenal fan he was always going to say the right things that fans want to hear at the minute.

Though it would appear no announcement about new captain, I assume the armband is van Persie's, terrible decision, I'm against strikers being captain. Should be Vermaelen's.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It came down to unsettling him. In the end they battered the club into submission. Yeah you could say he was still under contract but once Fabregas had his head turned he was never going to be the same player he was. I'm a bit gutted because he was my hero in an Arsenal shirt. It's been on the cards for ages but I don't think it's sunk in until now, I still remember his first game against Rotherham like it was yesterday. You can tell as well that Wenger cares a lot about him and wouldn't keep him in the team just to spite Barca, it was inevitable.

I don't blame him at all for wanting to go home, it's just a bit shitty the way it all played out with the club being bullied. I think that's the beginning of the end now. The whole team has been modelled around him and I can see van Persie leaving too if suitable replacements aren't made. I'm kinda dreading tomorrow now and what might happen if we don't get a favourable result.

Yeah, it was inevitable he would go home eventually. Still, a bit of tact from Barcelona would have been good. It was bullying, and it wasn't just from the board or the management, the players were getting involved as well.

The team will surely be built around the young midfielders Ramsey and Wilshere. I'd have both at United, clearly they've got talent and will be part of your midfield for quite some time. The downside is that they haven't really got anyone of experience to learn from at the moment.

John Obi Mikel was on Sky Sports earlier talking about the kidnapping of his father. His voice kept breaking and you could tell he was distraught but staying strong.

I hope the situation is sorted out, I have a lot of respect for Obi. He found out just before the match yesterday and still played.

I heard about that and wish the guy well. Sounds horrible. It took a lot of guts to play the game yesterday with all that going on. Hopefully it'll be sorted quickly.

BBC's stats and live feed suggest it's tighter than you suggest. Possession is slightly in swansea's favour, but City have had 11 chances on target to swansea's 2, 5 corners to 1... Swansea's Dobbie seems to be playing quite well from what I can tell.

Certainly not the goal-fest that I'm sure we'd all predicted. An odd start to the season for all the side we thought would be dominating, eh? Still, there's the 2nd half here for MC to show their prowess.

City did look good but we'll see how they cope against the big boys. I'm still not sure they've got the team spirit for an away trip to Stamford Bridge, Emirates or Old Trafford on a cold winter's day but on raw potential they've got the best squad in the league.

City did look good but we'll see how they cope against the big boys. I'm still not sure they've got the team spirit for an away trip to Stamford Bridge, Emirates or Old Trafford on a cold winter's day but on raw potential they've got the best squad in the league.

Shiiiiiiiiite we play them in April.

Eurgh fucking Aguero.

I'd predicted a 3-0 win and he just has to get it in injury time!

I reckon you should feel more robbed about Silva's goal, I reckon from the crappy 30 second highlight I saw online that the ball as out of play before Aguero's assist.

Eurgh fucking Aguero.

I'd predicted a 3-0 win and he just has to get it in injury time!

Same scoreline that I predicted. I was fuming at the end.

Also, fuuuuuck yooou Toure. I have you in my team, and you had so many chances to score.

My fantasy team is shit. Bent didn't score. Vidic went off injured. De Gea didn't keep a clean sheet. The Everton players in my team didn't play and I couldn't change it cos the site was down.

A crap first week.

Aaand, I had Suarez in my team initially, but took him out because I couldn't really afford him. Faack.

I'm in on fantasy football for about the first time in five years :D

Apparently because the site has been down so much, transfers are free up until 20th August (my birthday) so I have been changing a few things around. Feel my strikers are much better now I have gotten rid of Drogba. I also changed a lot of expensive substitutes I didn't really need. Hoping all these decisions don't prove to be utter shit by next week :heh:

Same scoreline that I predicted. I was fuming at the end.

Also, fuuuuuck yooou Toure. I have you in my team, and you had so many chances to score.

My fantasy team is shit. Bent didn't score. Vidic went off injured. De Gea didn't keep a clean sheet. The Everton players in my team didn't play and I couldn't change it cos the site was down.

A crap first week.

Aaand, I had Suarez in my team initially, but took him out because I couldn't really afford him. Faack.

That is all exactly me! Except Etherington also went off injured >_<

I'm in on fantasy football for about the first time in five years :D

Apparently because the site has been down so much, transfers are free up until 20th August (my birthday) so I have been changing a few things around. Feel my strikers are much better now I have gotten rid of Drogba. I also changed a lot of expensive substitutes I didn't really need. Hoping all these decisions don't prove to be utter shit by next week :heh:

Where are you seeing this? My transfers plan to cost me 4 points for any over 1.

The 20th August deadline seems to be picking my team for next week, like substitutes etc

Well I've mangled my premier league team up :)

I had 21 points, I believe at the start of Gameweek 2 i'll have -7 points,

I transferred alot of players, and it cost me alot of points. I know I had a wildcard but I figure i'll use that a little later in the season.

playing catchup after the 1st week won't be that bad.

That is all exactly me! Except Etherington also went off injured >_<

Where are you seeing this? My transfers plan to cost me 4 points for any over 1.

The 20th August deadline seems to be picking my team for next week, like substitutes etc

I've had to massively rejig my team. Vidic has gone, with Smalling coming in. Wilshere has gone and replaced by Ramsey. Also, I've swapped Kenwyne Jones for Aguero. Can't argue with that one.

Two of those changes are annoying, though. I really wanted Vidic and Wilshere there, but if they're injured...gah.

I'm going to suck this season. But the next one is where it's at. God, I sound like a Liverpool fan.

Found it. I've now made a lot of changes to my team, went for quite a high risk strategy. Basically if anyone gets injured I'm screwed :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!