NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

can't believe someone went to that much effort over that!

He said he's playing in Manchester and will be wearing blue.

Can't think who it might be.

Haha fair enough, I barley looked at it I just saw someone post it on Facebook.

@Wii is a stoke supporter? Well that just makes his posts even funnier!
That can't be true, after everything he has said? :D
I was just trying out a jedi mind trick to see if he would respond with his real club... He didn't... so I shall continue to think of him as a Stoke supporter until he says otherwise! :p

I was just trying out a jedi mind trick to see if he would respond with his real club... He didn't... so I shall continue to think of him as a Stoke supporter until he says otherwise! :p

@Wii clearly supports some lowly club and just makes himself feel better by picking on the big boys with little swipes.

I know they scored goals. I am talking about the setup and intent of trying to win the game. Bayern were the only team pushing men forward with the aim to win the game. Chelsea didn't force anything till the conceded. The performance vs barca at the bridge was disgraceful! Park the bus all game even at home.

They have reasons for not going out to attack Bayern, which have already been addressed. Their centreback pairing was weak and they had to sacrifice areas in the midfield to overcome this issue.

As for the performance against Barca: I'm sure the Chelsea fans don't give a shit about that. Barcelona are the best possession and probably best attacking football side in the world today. Of course they're going to play a defensive game. The game was all about stopping them scoring and hoping to get something from the away leg. Like I said, the end justifies the means.

Chelsea would have played the same way with their best team. I don't subscribe to win @ any cost and thank god there are plenty of coaches in Europe who also wouldn't dream of setting out their team the way Chelsea did.

It's great when teams play attacking football, and I'm a believer in it. However, there is more than one way to win a football match. With respect too, how many of these coaches won the Champions League trophy this year? You're also neglecting to mention that this was all done by an interim coach, somebody just taking care of things until the season is over. He is a caretaker.

You don't subscribe to that way of playing, which is fine. But, are you honestly saying that you wouldn't swap your Liverpool's Carling Cup trophy for Chelsea's Champions League?

You don't subscribe to that way of playing, which is fine. But, are you honestly saying that you wouldn't swap your Liverpool's Carling Cup trophy for Chelsea's Champions League?

of course!! Would I be happy to see Liverpool play the same way Chelsea did vs Barca and Bayern. No chance!!

That sounds like a typical childs response when they don't get something "I didn't want it anyway!"

Cruyff is an advocate of Total Football, people expect him to have any other opinion on the game?

In other news anyone seen dazzybee around these parts since Saturday? Hope he's not hurt himself..

of course!! Would I be happy to see Liverpool play the same way Chelsea did vs Barca and Bayern. No chance!!

Exactly. In years to come when people remember Barcelona winning the Champions League, they'll think of attractive, attacking, total football. Chelsea will be remembered for a bunch of wankers playing negative football not deserving to win but somehow they did. They'll be remembered in the same way Greece won Euro 04. Fugly!

Exactly. In years to come when people remember Barcelona winning the Champions League, they'll think of attractive, attacking, total football. Chelsea will be remembered for a bunch of wankers playing negative football not deserving to win but somehow they did. They'll be remembered in the same way Greece won Euro 04. Fugly!

Aah, but at least Greece will be remembered. Everyone likes a plucky underdog. I can't even remember who won it in 2000, and i'm having trouble recalling what happened in 2008, but 2004 sticks in my mind because it was a huge upset.

Same goes for Chelsea i suppose.

May not like Chelsea's style of play, but it's just another way to play the game at the end of the day. Please give it a rest already and look to the future.

Well Torres must be happy about that....

Drogba will be a tough act to follow at Chelski... I guess he's their equivalent to Henry.

Well Torres must be happy about that....

Drogba will be a tough act to follow at Chelski... I guess he's their equivalent to Henry.

Yet only half as good.

Woah I think Henry is almost as good as Drogba, I wouldn't say he's only half as good as Didier!

Jokes aside, do you believe Suarez is better than Drogba?

Woah I think Henry is almost as good as Drogba, I wouldn't say he's only half as good as Didier!

Jokes aside, do you believe Suarez is better than Drogba?

Are you seriously me of all people that question? :D

They're totally different and brilliant in different ways. Suarez is the much more exciting to watch, though.

do you believe Suarez is better than Drogba?
Hey... You said jokes aside! ;)

#wind-up

I suggest you check what Total football is. Total football is being able to play every position, not just attack. Sticking midfielders in defence and a frustrated striker in goals is not total football.

Are you seriously me of all people that question? :D

They're totally different and brilliant in different ways. Suarez is the much more exciting to watch, though.

I genuinely think you are biased enough to think Suarez is actually better than Drogba!

You can't say oh they're totally different and imply they cant be compared when you compared Henry and Drogba earlier as though they are similar!

He is better than Drogba, that's not even me being bias. I reckon people will agree with me.