NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Sticking Gerrard behind the striker is a must. He's wasted playing deep. Well, he is very limited. Creativity problem solved.

Changing the topic a bit.

Did any of you see that Panorama last night on Poland & Ukraine....

Euro 2012: Stadiums of Hate.

fucking hell. It's diabolical. I Can't believe how fucking ignorant people can be. It really angered me.

Especially the last bit they showed where a group pin down some Indian students in the family section of the stadium who are supporting the same team as the thugs, and they just beat the living shit out of them.

It's fucking disgusting. And really really wound me up. May make me sound as bad as them, But people like that should be fucking shot.

here's a video of the most shocking parts -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18233736

It is just disgusting.

It is just disgusting.

You're not wrong, mate.

It's hard to believe that this kind of stuff still goes on. How on earth did they get the Euros while this type of thing is still rampant?

Changing the topic a bit.

Did any of you see that Panorama last night on Poland & Ukraine....

Euro 2012: Stadiums of Hate.

fucking hell. It's diabolical. I Can't believe how fucking ignorant people can be. It really angered me.

Especially the last bit they showed where a group pin down some Indian students in the family section of the stadium who are supporting the same team as the thugs, and they just beat the living shit out of them.

It's fucking disgusting. And really really wound me up. May make me sound as bad as them, But people like that should be fucking shot.

here's a video of the most shocking parts -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18233736

It is just disgusting.

I've got it recorded to watch tonight but yeah from the sounds of things its what I was expecting to see.

I'm not surprised at all. Fascism in Eastern European football has been ignored by authorities for years.

I think the programme is now iPlayer, going to have to give it a watch.

Edit- Just watched it, the attack at the end is down right disgusting. No one should have to suffer that. It would be totally naive to expect no incidents after seeing that, I just hope no one gets killed.

Edited by Ramar

Whilst the incidents in football stadiums wouldn't happen here you could easily get a video of all the other stuff involving groups from the UK.

I was there was pretty awesome! Will Ferrell limping off with a hamstring injury gutted. Sergio's goal was immense here it is...

This was better from him though. ;)

So I watched the Panorama episode last night on the iPlayer and was horrified by what I was watching. The police and stewards just stood idly by while innocents were being beat on. You had the Hitler salutes being used in various matches and riots breaking out in and outside the stadiums.

I liked where they interviewed that guy in Ukraine ( was he part of UEFA, can't remember now ) and he said that it wasn't the Hitler sign at all and that it was the fans just pointing. He also said that there were no racist fans and no incidents of racism in the Ukraine league.

Big respect to Ballotelli.

Mario Balotelli intends to walk off the pitch if he is racially abused at Euro 2012 - and says he would kill anyone who threw a banana at him in the street.

The Manchester City and Italy striker was speaking amid fears of potential racism at the tournament in Ukraine and Poland.

In an interview with France Football, Balotelli said: "If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to prison because I will kill him. Racism is unacceptable to me, I cannot bear it.

"If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to prison because I will kill him. Racism is unacceptable."

"I hope there will not be a problem at the Euros because if it does happen I would straight away leave the pitch and go home. We are in 2012, it can't happen."

The 21-year-old was regularly a target of racist abuse while playing in Italy.

Balotelli also said he believes he is a genius and smarter than most people.

"I think I am a genius, but not a rebel," he said. "I have my life, my world, I do what I want, without annoying anyone.

"I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.

"The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.

"There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing."]

I would love to see this. Not the killing part, but various players just walking off the pitch due to racism at the Euros. It would be a big middle finger to those who decided it was a good idea to host it over there.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I liked where they interviewed that guy in Ukraine ( was he part of UEFA, can't remember now ) and he said that it wasn't the Hitler sign at all and that it was the fans just pointing. He also said that there were no racist fans and no incidents of racism in the Ukraine league.

That part I couldn't really believe how naive that guy was being, and how stupid he must of felt or will feel now that the show has aired.

It was ridiculous.... Yeah saying the fans were pointing.... I know in football fans react at the same time to incidents but they don't stand to attention and salute and hail hitler at the same time.

Reading the comments on the bbc website of this show... it's crazy how many people have negative comments towards the show itself rather than what it was trying to show.

Not who I was wanting, but what can you do? ::shrug:

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is poised to be announced as the new Liverpool boss within the next 48 hours, according to reports.

Liverpool are on the hunt for a new head coach after they sacked Kenny Dalglish at the end of the 2011-12 season following poor home form in the Premier League.

A host of managers have been linked with the vacant post, with Wigan's Roberto Martinez recently thought to be the favourite for the role after holding talks with the club's owners FSG in Miami.

However, it appears that the Spaniard has dropped back in the race after expressing concerns about working under the proposed management structure at Anfield, with FSG intent upon appointing a director of football to oversee footballing affairs.

Swansea's Rodgers has thus emerged as the leading contender, and reports claim a compensation deal with his current side is being worked on ahead of an appointment in the next 48 hours.

Rodgers took over at Swansea in 2010 and subsequently led the club to the Premier League. His team's passing style of football secured an 11th placed finish in the top flight this term.

Martinez, meanwhile, is due to meet with Wigan owner Dave Whelan in Guernsey on Wednesday after his flight got delayed.

He is now heavily linked with the Aston Villa vacancy - for which Paul Lambert had previously been favourite - but Whelan says he has received "no contact" from anyone at Villa.

Fantastic appointment. He will get us playing brilliant football. Very excited.

Who did you want H-o-T?

I still remember the fantastic job Rodgers done at Watford...

A Norn Irish manager? Sign me up Brendan and I will supply Andy Carroll with all the assists you could ever want! :D

I still remember the fantastic job Rodgers done at Watford...

Did. Did.

Didn't he only last 5 months as Reading manager too?

Interesting appointment.

I have a really good feeling about him, he knows his stuff, and has worked under the best.

Waiting on a Director of Football/Technical Director and I think we are all set. Van Gaal still linked to a possible role within the club, which would be a smart move.

Happier than it being Martinez, but what can you do. They play good football but I do hope they stump up some cash for him to spend rather than using the current squad, there are still places that required to be filled, proper wingers basically. and Muniain because it's quality.

@MadDog it's been rumoured Rodgers didn't want a director of football so there won't be a van gaal.

Happier than it being Martinez, but what can you do. They play good football but I do hope they stump up some cash for him to spend rather than using the current squad, there are still places that required to be filled, proper wingers basically. and Muniain because it's quality.

@MadDog it's been rumoured Rodgers didn't want a director of football so there won't be a van gaal.

I am happy with the manager choice. He has worked real hard on his own back to get where he has.

he will need money though as we have so many average players. Hope he bombs them out.

need two wingers, a LB, CM and a striker at the bare minimum.

Haven't heard of one of those players, I presume 'Englands young talent are all prepping for the U21's'

Haven't heard of one of those players, I presume 'Englands young talent are all prepping for the U21's'

You've got Everton's Ross Barkley in there and our lad Benik Afobe, couldn't tell you any of the others though. Also just noticed Martin Angha is playing for the Swiss, he's on our books.

Edited by Ramar

Fantastic appointment. He will get us playing brilliant football. Very excited.

Who did you want H-o-T?

I wanted Rafa back, just so I could see him writing his shopping list at every game again. :D

It is an interesting choice and Swansea did play some good football, especially when at home. Hopefully he can bring back the days of pass and move, but minus Tupac Barnes. :laughing:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio