NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

The game (incidents aside) was fairly dull, very little created and the draw was probably a fair result.

The thing I'm most angry with is Gervinho will miss 3 games (Liverpool, Man Utd and Swansea) and Song will most likely pick himself up a ban from the FA too. We've got a rock hard start to the season, a thin squad and now two players likely missing for a period of time.

Throw in to the mix two players who want away who could have won us the game today.

I wasn't saying that Gervinho shouldn't have been sent off. I just can understand why he did what he did. Barton should have walked too. He got a yellow for the same offence Diaby got sent off for against Newcastle earlier this year.

Throw in to the mix two players who want away who could have won us the game today.

Nothing could have won Arsenal the game. It is quite clear the team is shit.

Nothing could have won Arsenal the game. It is quite clear the team is shit.

Of course.. :blank:

Joey Barton being questioned by many on twitter including Piers Morgan, Robbie Savage and Jack Wilshere. Quite fun to read.

I saw even our own Ramar had a little comment to say about him :p

Post it in here, dude. I wanna read the comments. :heh:

I did watch the Newcastle-Arsenal game. It was alright, but a draw seemed like a fair result. Don't think either team seemed like they wanted to win it.

HAhahahahahaha.

"you looked like De Niro from Taxi Driver..and behaved like him too."

From Piers Morgan.

"he slapped me in the face, sending off or not? Seem to remember u and Dion Dublin, Sav?" - From Barton.

:laughing:

Robbie Savage preaching about sending offs...who'd have thought it.

I like Barton for some crazy reason, I don't know why, he's a good footballer.

Disappointed with the result today, we played well enough in the first to get all 3 points. Second half, I was really surprised how poor we were. Flanagan had a shocker, but he's a decent player and only 18, I just don't get why Kelly didn't play. Carra and Agger were solid, nothing more. Enrique impressed me, he's so composed and classy. Lucas wasn't on form today, and Adam was great first half, not so much second. Downing was decent throughout, and Henderson was average. I <3 Suarez, he wasn't brilliant but good. Carroll was good aswell.

I have no idea how Richardson didn't get sent off, it was a clear goal scoring chance, and made significant contact. Should of gone.

Twitter really has become a big thing, they just mentioned Barton's twitter on it.

Pretty sure he just gained himself a few followers. He did a tweet right after they mentioned his twitter and he was laying into Shearer..

Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........

Quite liking all his random philosophers retweets too. What an idiot.

Anyway. Not the most exciting opening day.

I like Barton for some crazy reason..

I'm actually glad to hear someone say that because I somehow have a soft spot for him too, despite what he may have done in the past..

As for today's Liverpool result, I can't help but be a little disappointed.. but not surprised :hmm: I actually expected something to go wrong today but was more than happy with how the first half sounded on the radio. Unfortunately, we sounded much less impressive in the second half..

The game coming up against Arsenal should be very interesting, though :heh:

I saw even our own Ramar had a little comment to say about him :p

I couldn't stop myself. :blush:

I do believe the ref fucked up by only giving Barton a yellow, you can't drag someone to their feet then shake them, pull them to their feet and get on with it sure, but to continue grappling with him is unacceptable behaviour, think Steven Taylor had anything to do with it, since it seemed the ref missed the incident himself?

Barton should have gone as well, what he did was not right. However, both Song and Gervinho should have gone.

I like the irony of Joey Barton getting angry over the playacting by Gervinho and then playacting himself!

And also how of course Arsene saw the Gervinho incident which was way over in the penalty box but the song incident near the touchline he missed.

Saw another angle thanks to "Goals on Sunday", Gervinhio certainly was clipped, the way her threw himself down however certainly exaggerated.

People were saying Song stamped on the leg of Barton which is also exaggerated, he certainly trod on him but red? Yellow I felt, certainly deserved something but I don't think a red.

The leg stamp was a red for me. It was intentional, and not something needed in the game at all.

I like Barton as a player - he gets under the skin of some of his opponents, and that's their problem.

And also how of course Arsene saw the Gervinho incident which was way over in the penalty box but the song incident near the touchline he missed.

To be fair everyone missed it until the replay on ESPN.

When I finally remembered to look up the Liverpool score last night, I wasn't too shocked at it being 1-1. Then I skimmed the write-up on the BBC and saw we missed a penalty :hmm: and ... the match was at Anfield?! I thought we were away to Sunderland! I would have taken a point away, but we should have got three at home, surely.

If we perform like we did in the first half consistently throughout the season, then I'm sure we'll get a good finish. We just totally lost all fluidity and tempo in the second half. Lost our shape and just didn't play.