NEurope
Tales

Norse Mythology Mafia

The Peeps.

As I said, my power is a massive advantage and could potentially be quite dangerous in the wrong hands, hence why I've not used it a lot. I thought I could trust The Peeps enough and so I decided to give him my lance for the time being.

The Peeps.

As I said, my power is a massive advantage and could potentially be quite dangerous in the wrong hands, hence why I've not used it a lot. I thought I could trust The Peeps enough and so I decided to give him my lance for the time being.

Can you take it back? Also you were redirected to Jonnas. Jonnas has it.

It says I have the lance until the end of the day.

And I'm not sure why anybody would think I'm lying about this, it's easy to verify:

Vote: Nintendohnut

But Tales hasn't been updating the vote standings much, has he?

The Peeps.

So you never used it during the 'real time' sort of phases? Nothing regarding the lance in that period?

ARGHHH I made a long-ass post but my connection died just as I posted it! The below summary will just have to do:

Ok, so I'm really confused at this point, mainly with people trying to match up powers and targets and stuff (not that it won't help). It's undeniable that the lack of phases at the start lends some confusion, I wasn't sure of my status (roleblocked at the start) for a while as well. Let's just look at the basic facts. Is Dazz's lance/voting power more likely to be townie or mafia? imo voting is more important to mafias. But I dunno.

Also, I can see some "groups" starting to form, e.g. Peeps, Dazz, Jonnas, Cube are kind of backing each other up subtly. So if one of them turn out to be evil, the rest are? idk, just something to think about.

I've been working a lot again this week, so I can't remember if I've said this before: I don't really have any useful night info to give right now.

So, the lance has only ever been passed to Peeps. Who never tried it out. Is that right?

Oh, and Jonnas: what's your reason for voting for Nintendohnut? (Just wondering.)

The lance never got to me, Dazz was redirected to Jonnas. Jonnas has now stuck a vote on Nintendohnut to prove it.

Jonnas claims he has the power to stop a lynch, Dazz has said that the lance can only give a double vote or remove someone's vote (and has confirmed since Jonnas posted). Either Tales made a mistake or it's been enhanced for some reason.

Has anyone come out as a redirector? Dazz, how did you know you were redirected to Jonnas? You said that before anyone knew anything about it. I don't remember Jonnas mentioning it before you came out with it.

The lance never got to me, Dazz was redirected to Jonnas. Jonnas has now stuck a vote on Nintendohnut to prove it.

Jonnas claims he has the power to stop a lynch, Dazz has said that the lance can only give a double vote or remove someone's vote (and has confirmed since Jonnas posted). Either Tales made a mistake or it's been enhanced for some reason.

Has anyone come out as a redirector? Dazz, how did you know you were redirected to Jonnas? You said that before anyone knew anything about it. I don't remember Jonnas mentioning it before you came out with it.

In that case, we need a vote count from Tales. Here's an unofficial one so far:

vote Dazz: Peeps (removed), mr-paul, Nintendohnut, Cube (pressure)

vote Nintendohnut: Jonnas

vote Peeps: Ellmeister

Ok, everything is clearer now :) Dazz suspected Dohnut straightaway to be the redirector in one of his first posts in this day phase, which I still find weird. Is there a reason for that, Dazz?

Sorry for lack of updates. I work full time from now and when I can get online it depends if the Internet is in good mood or not.

Nintendohnut (2): Jonnas

dazz (3): mr-paul, Nintendohnut, Cube

The Peeps(1): Ellmeister

Majority is 7.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Eventually :p

I should've quoted it ;)

So this at least proves that Dazz can give other people double votes... or that Jonnas already had a double vote if we want to be paranoid.

What's still unexplained is why Jonnas can stop a lynch when Dazz claims his power only offers the removal of a vote. Also we don't know how Dazz knew his lance was redirected.

Looks like we have our proof - either Jonnas was lying, Tales didn't tell him about the double vote or some other crazy shit has gone down.

Not having a double vote - he said he had the power to stop a lynch but no double vote

(or am I getting confused again)

No, that was never denied.

The bit we're left wondering about is the lynch stopping power. Jonnas now has it (for this phase) but Dazz said his lance only let's people remove a player's vote.

I think they're on a team together and bullshitting us. I think Jonnas has an optional double vote and Dazz is pretending he gave it to him.

The characters don't match up at all, his targets don't match up at all, and his character's name has meanings of killing, causing destruction, etc. etc. Tales is from Norway. He knows his shit. He's surely not going to give a destructive valkyrie a power that is "a lance" to give a double vote and day ending powers?

I think we need to have a proper discussion on Norse mythology, what characters we believe are good/bad and then we will be more knowledgeable. At the moment it feels like none of us know a thing about Norse mythology so people can just say anything about their character and it be accepted.

Dazz seems suspicious to me, and lynching him should help us learn a bit more about this game, hopefully, in terms of gods/alignments.

Aren't Valkyries the ones that carry the dead warriors off to Valhalla?

Maybe I'm mixing mythologies or it's a modern reinvention or something :p

Going to look them up now.

Wiki says valykries is from the old norse valkyrja: "chooser of the slain". They choose who dies, and take them to the afterlife.

As I said earlier, Dazz's character's name, Herja, means "to devastate". It is also a verb in faroese meaning "to wage war", "to ravage" and "to plunder".

You really believe that a character with all of those characteristics would have the power Dazz claimed, and himself seems awfully confused about?

IT'S A LIE.

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decide who will die in battle. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar. There, when the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens, and sometimes connected to swans.

I don't think Dazz is evil if we're basing it just on him being a valkyrie...

Although further research brought me to this:

Rudolf Simek says that like the Old Norse valkyrie name Herja, Hariasa derives from the Proto-Germanic word *Herjaza and that both may refer to goddess of war, although an independent development among the North Germanic peoples and West Germanic peoples is possible. Alternately, the name Hariasa may mean "goddess with lots of hair."

It does seem that the name Herja (Dazz's character name) has connotations with war and fighting but most of Norse mythology is wars and fighting isn't it? ::shrug:

The more I look into it, the more suspicious I get of Dazz but my initial instincts are that he's good. If more votes go on Dazz I'll probably join near the end but I'm not confident enough that he's evil to vote just yet.

I think they're on a team together and bullshitting us. I think Jonnas has an optional double vote and Dazz is pretending he gave it to him.

Dazz tried to give the power to me initially not Jonnas - though I'm still waiting to hear from him about how he knew he was redirected.

Also it was Nintendohnut who suggested that Jonnas vote to prove his double vote so that's someone outside the alleged team coming in as backup?

I can see a scenario where all 3 are mafia and this was all planned but I don't think that's the reality here.

Vote: Dazz. I believe it.

You, sir, are a fool! That will go along with anyone else who actually believes I am Evil.

I'm not going to fight you all but I will say that whoever is suspicious of me being Evil is wrong. I am Good. Forget what the hell you research! Since when have Mafia games ever been black and white? Besides, I've no idea of Norse Mythology except for my own character and as I have stated, my character does not participate in battle but is allowed to give a double-voted and vote-blocking lance to somebody of my choice.

I am telling the truth. This will be the last time I will make a post like this because I think it's quite silly how everyone's asking me questions and demanding answers and when I give them answers, they say I'm lying.

Lynching me will damage Town and you will have nobody but yourselves to blame if I ever do reach majority and I reserve the right to say to all of you that I told you so. You will see me come up as Good and you will have killed somebody who could have been of great help to Town. You will be making a massive mistake in lynching me.

Now the ball is in your court. Dispose of me and you will lose a great chance of winning by not only losing the powerful lance but also losing a Town. Keep me and we can work together and beat Mafia and I will hand the lance to whoever is actually known as Town in this game (though if you choose the second option, be sure to tell me who is actually a confirmed Town).

This is all I am saying.

Live or die, make my choice! [/sAW]

Dazz tried to give the power to me initially not Jonnas - though I'm still waiting to hear from him about how he knew he was redirected.

I was PM'd stating that my target had changed from you to Jonnas.

No, that was never denied.

The bit we're left wondering about is the lynch stopping power. Jonnas now has it (for this phase) but Dazz said his lance only let's people remove a player's vote.

....as well as give somebody a doublevote....

Ok, everything is clearer now :) Dazz suspected Dohnut straightaway to be the redirector in one of his first posts in this day phase, which I still find weird. Is there a reason for that, Dazz?

That was a mistake. As I said, this game is confusing to me and still is. I don't get why I'm a suspect for...

The characters don't match up at all, his targets don't match up at all, and his character's name has meanings of killing, causing destruction, etc. etc. Tales is from Norway. He knows his shit. He's surely not going to give a destructive valkyrie a power that is "a lance" to give a double vote and day ending powers?

I think we need to have a proper discussion on Norse mythology, what characters we believe are good/bad and then we will be more knowledgeable. At the moment it feels like none of us know a thing about Norse mythology so people can just say anything about their character and it be accepted.

Dazz seems suspicious to me, and lynching him should help us learn a bit more about this game, hopefully, in terms of gods/alignments.

If we're taking characters this seriously, then whoever claimed to be the one who killed Fenrir (in mythology, not this game) is surely good?

It does seem that the name Herja (Dazz's character name) has connotations with war and fighting but most of Norse mythology is wars and fighting isn't it? ::shrug:

My character doesn't really have anything to do with war...

I am telling the truth. This will be the last time I will make a post like this because I think it's quite silly how everyone's asking me questions and demanding answers and when I give them answers, they say I'm lying.

I'm beginning to learn that that is the way of mafia games :p

You're suspected because people think you're lying about your lance somehow, and that the people defending you are secretly on the same team as you. Also your character seems evil.

It comes down to instinct. If you feel that someone is evil, you question them. If you don't like the answers, you put the vote on. You could be wrong, you could be right. That's the game.

You're being asked questions, Dazz, because you're suspicious. I believe your answers but it's understandable that others don't. Lots of things don't add up with you.

Right now I'm quite suspicious of Jayseven. He has hardly posted and we know nothing about him.

It should be noted that the lance gives me a double vote AND the ability to stop a lynch.

Obviously, I believe Dazz, I got the lance, I know he tells the truth. Surely, the next person to get the lance will also believe him.

I know that my lance gives someone the power to double vote as well as stop a player from voting for 24 hours.

It should be noted that the lance gives me a double vote AND the ability to stop a lynch.

This is the only part I'm having problems with. What is going on here? No one seems to know.