NEurope
Tales

Norse Mythology Mafia

dazz couldn't use the lance himself. The point was for him and Jonnas to trust others and give the mafia potentinial new powers.

The reason why I didn't tell you what the items did was that it would be too powerful, especially if you stole Jonnas' spear. The point was for you to try to find out what they did by trial and error and reading the forum. Might have been too difficult for you though.

You used mr-paul's pendant wrong, has to be used on a lynches(so target a lynched player) and you never used the arrows.

I welcome criticism. It will be input in my nekst game :)

What I know is that I should imagine all possible scenarios so I can edit powers so there's nothing to worry about or at least I'm prepared. Also maybe I should have made uniform messages, such as when Maddog teached other players, before the game started.

One thing... Diageo not being allowed to vote is unfair. He doesn't have any reason to post, in that case. He can't participate in lynches, and it encourages him to lay low. I definitely disagree with that part.

It was supposed to be unfair. He was mortal. He could still post.

(but critisicm accepted and noted)

Oh I didn't notice that. In that case the second double vote is (better)/fine.Ish.

I still think you did really well Tales, there isn't too much criticism I could give or that I think you need to look out for. Maybe just tone down all powers slightly/make it a bit simpler. I don't think the no night phases at beginning helped, but your roles were really pretty fantastic.

Awwww :( I liked this mafia though, didn't know anything about norse mythology but I thought you constructed the roles well, Tales. And good on you for trying out the "no phases" thing at the start (even though it failed) :D Criticism would be clearer layout of the descriptions, we clearly forgot/didn't know about some of our powers and attributes as you had to keep reminding us in the mafia forum. And criticism for myself/the mafia: we should have used Stomp on Jonnas/someone else before ReZ took over, to exploit all of our powers. And yeah, maybe I should have impersonated others, especially when I redirected Jonnas. I enjoyed it though :)

Oh and no eksperiment nekst time :p

I made some roles very powerful but that was something I aimed for as much as I could. I had fun doing some of them. Won't happen nekst time since I want more than 16 players. I already know I will have 20 no less no more.

Edited by Tales

I did enjoy the flavour in this mafia. And the ideas behind everything were sound.

Like ReZ said, it was the powers that were perhaps a bit over-elaborated. Maybe a bit too complex.

@ReZ: You say I could've killed 3 people and investigated 6... But I could've easily be stopped, most of the time. Indeed, I was impeded for 3 nights.

Also, I don't kill indiscriminately. I didn't target any townies, you know ;)

I thought we were going to get done when mafia killed 4 in two days!

I managed to track (more by luck) Eddie and Jonnas and so that helped prove Eddie evil even though I initially believed her and not Jonnas, but her second attempt proved she was evil.

I liked the game and some of the characters were good! Well done fellow Townies :p

Realtime could work, on a more...less realtime basis, as I said. Like...have reasonable 'irl' time periods, say 12 hours, for each period. Total stuff up at the end of that. Though I guess that's just a very strict time limit game, anyway.

I did enjoy the flavour in this mafia. And the ideas behind everything were sound.

Like ReZ said, it was the powers that were perhaps a bit over-elaborated. Maybe a bit too complex.

@ReZ: You say I could've killed 3 people and investigated 6... But I could've easily be stopped, most of the time. Indeed, I was impeded for 3 nights.

Also, I don't kill indiscriminately. I didn't target any townies, you know ;)

Oh yeah I get all of that, my point was really more about how under powered my first role was. Was a great idea though.

Who chose to kill me first then, I think tales said it was cube? Why me first! Your dead i tell you, dead!

When it was real-time it was scary! I think it made sense to make town stronger than maff because they had the upper hand at that stage. As the game switched to a regular phasic pattern it shifted, but I enjoyed the game! Glad to see that my target finally worked - honestly up 'til the end I wasn't certain if Jonnas was town or just some mega neutral. If the votes weren't so clearly going on the right target when we got eddie/rez/rummy, I would've been talked into going for jonnas. Glad to see my hubby win in the end :P

I thought we were going to get done when mafia killed 4 in two days!

I managed to track (more by luck) Eddie and Jonnas and so that helped prove Eddie evil even though I initially believed her and not Jonnas, but her second attempt proved she was evil.

I liked the game and some of the characters were good! Well done fellow Townies :p

I couldn't believe it when you voted for Jonnas :p I was like...what. Was gonna try and capitalise on that, but didn't want to push it too far so you'd stop believing me! haha.

I didn't say it was a bad role at all! I didn't dislike it either, I was just frustrated at how little I could do. I eventually worked out that I was effectively a Jailkeeper if I made it hard enough, and used it in the last couple of days, but I just couldn't use it before then as I didn't know who to suspect. I ended up just trying to increase participation :-) didn't dislike it at all though, Tales!

Also, Rez: totally called you out :p

Edited by Nintendohnut
Automerged Doublepost

I was funny how Peeps improved Jonnas' spear, only for Jonnas to use the spear to kill Peeps two nights later :p

There was one time Cube roleblocked Heroicjanitor who was going to roleblock two people. Those two didn't get roleblocked then. Second real night I think. diageo was the one who gave him two targets so he was useless that night. The night before he was roleblocked and before that again he targeted Cube. No one targeted diageo so he must have felt pretty useless. Sorry about that.

Would have uploaded all the targets but N-E doesn't allow ekscel sheets.

I'm glad you liked the game :)

Bloody hell, it's over! Go town!

This game confused me a lot, it felt like we were going nowhere for a long time but then suddenly everything just turned. I was silenced and then missed the last day phase!

The theme was a good choice, though it was difficult knowing who was likely to be good/evil/etc. with little knowledge of Norse Mythology beforehand!

I got very confused when I was told that Ellmeister was Legolas!

Will have a read through the roles and update my comments later :)

Thanks for running this, Tales :)

Who chose to kill me first then, I think tales said it was cube? Why me first! Your dead i tell you, dead!

Random Number Generator. The only fair thing for a first night kill.

I really enjoyed the game (despite realising that I missed part of my power). I even decided to not kill anyone on the final night as it wouldn't have benefited me, just robbed someone of the win in the final moment.

Just read the roles. Very very creative.

Just read your comment about the pendant, I really wanted to use it, but I thought I had to use it straight after a lynch for that one, I didn't think of choosing any other lynches!

Actually, come to think of it.... were there any lynches of townies?

I just want to say that I much prefer games where you can't just assume that anyone who is x character has to be evil. This is difficult when a game has a theme where there are canonical baddies that one would expect to be mafia, but generally I think there should be a good focus on daytime cross-examination. This then means that the night-time information should be a scattering of a jigsaw that encourages townies to co-opperate - then the task is to provide mafia with enough manipulative abilities to maintain their disguise... then... yeah it's a nice meta to think about.

I always like it when I win :) I think that mafia had a good chance this game (I measure it upon how 'certain' I've been for each mafia kill...)

Very unhappy at being killed in this... I could sense myself, Jonnas and Nintendohnut were becoming an epic town team of win. I had worked out a couple of the mafia (though I also thought mr paul was mafia at the time of my death) and even figured that Jonnas and Dazz had something going on :p

Even more annoyed that my death was completely accidental. The mafia didn't know Jonnas would kill me did they?

So the only evil people I could've killed would've been Mundi/ReZ or Esequiel? Glad I focussed more on the enhancements then.

Excellent game Tales :D great roles!

I had worked out a couple of the mafia (though I also thought mr paul was mafia at the time of my death)

But I had stated that it was almost impossible for mr-paul to be mafia due to the circumstances of his arrival :( Kinda forget what they were but I'd hoped everyone would mark him being a townie as a given.

Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Roles looked cool Tales!

I think, the nightless set-up could’ve worked if you took a little more time planning for it, and working out how role abilities should be applied. It’s a shame, because it clearly didn’t work as a last-minute experiment, which resulted in an awkward switch to a tradional set-up. I honestly think it could’ve worked.

Anyway, the theme was very cool, and all the characters just sound epic. I would’ve enjoyed this one if I wasn’t on a break!