NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Well, allow me to wriggle myself into these comments and also say that I've just picked up the game from the gamestore.

I just realised that this is a Zelda game made by NINTENDO. A game that will connect some dots and raise a lot of questions, and a game that lets you play as if you were holding a sword.

Gentlemen,

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD

HAS ARRIVED!

Think mine might have been stolen/lost

had 2 limited edition games never arrive from shopto in the last year

Fable 3, gears of war 3 which took several forms and weeks to get my money back.

Well I dunno what method you used for getting refund but I printed signed and scanned the lost parcel claim form and was refunded within 20 minutes of me uploading it when my copy of Goldeneye didn't show up.

I'm sad to say to some of you that I unfortunately....have skyward sword :D Sorry to rub it in :D! But like...yeah, I has it.

Boy do I hate this blurring effect this game has for not just long distances but short aswell, looks bloody horrible in places.
I was just about to say... the complete opposite. :heh:

Yeah, I actually love that effect, really makes the world look like a watercolour painting that's come to life. :love:

Anyway, only played for a couple of hours so far but I've already been really impressed with this game. I've (somehow) managed to stay completely spoiler free too, so it's all coming as a lovely surprise. :hehe:

Good times. :)

I'm sad to say to some of you that I unfortunately....have skyward sword :D Sorry to rub it in :D! But like...yeah, I has it.

Meanwhile, you still haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles. :blank:

Well, I haven't even started it yet... xD o_O

I started it then got sidetracked by Deus Ex D:

Xenoblade that is, not Zelda.

That hasn't shown up yet.

Not jealous or nuffin'.

Think I'll have to wait for tomorrow. First time that shopto hasn't delivered at least a day early on a Friday release. Which actually makes me a bit worried that it may have gone astray.

Oh well, may just play some Uncharted or watch some Sopranos till tomorrow and I will not be visiting this thread until weekend. As has already been said, been waiting nearly 5 years, what's another couple of days?

No delivery, i even went to the sorting office to ask if they had anything there for me.

Oh well i will be going to sleep in 7 hours or so then the wait starts again,

I was just about to say... the complete opposite. :heh:

Yeah, I actually love that effect, really makes the world look like a watercolour painting that's come to life. :love:

It works really well outside, good stuff. I just feel that its use in the houses just makes it look blurry.

I've managed to fix some of my jaggie issue by turning off edge enhancement and turning the sharpness way down.

Nintendo have done a bang up job with the story telling and characters. The scenes with Zelda and Link are amazing, very well done. And jesus christ the music is stunning.

Biff is the best lol

I don't have the game yet ='<!!!! AM CRY! Amazon still didn't confirm the dispatch. Only saying that it will be dispatched soon.

I haven't received mine either despite it being sent out on Monday from Zavvi :hmm: I can only hope it comes tomorrow or I'll be extremely unhappy, particularly considering the complete mess TheHut have made with Super Mario 3D Land :nono:

Tomorrow should have been AWESOME but it has the potential to be a complete disappointment :sad:

True this is. I'll be comparing Zelda to Xenoblade as I play, because Xenoblade is pretty awesome and I expect Zelda to match up.

It does make me wonder, how would reviewers in the US viewed Zelda if they'd had Xenoblade recently...

The music in the game is bliss :) Already liking it far more than Twilight Princess. No problems with jaggies graphics wise as I don't think they show up so much on CRT TV with RGB Scart. I don't really like the Wii on a LCD TV with component. I am liking the use of Motion+ so far too. No more having to be in range of the sensor bar.

Typically they say 48 or 72 hours whenever I get them, so count yourself lucky.

That must be a bitch. I really wasn't expecting it to come via seperate post. Let alone a day early. I can't complain as I have Super Mario 3D Land to contend with.

Do notice some dodgy textures in this game, do wish it were in HD..but that's me being a graphic whore

Am loving it :)

My plan of deliberately picking recorded delivery even though I knew I wouldn't be in and couldn't sign for it because I'm sick of the postman leaving parcels to get wet in the rain backfired......

They dropped off at my neighbours so I now have the game :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

You won't be able to resist. Both you and Flink will play it with in a week, I bet :p

I dunno... I think I'm gonna have to be strong here like I was with the 3DS.

Me and @Fierce_LiNk will have to start our own thread! :D

*though I think he's planning on a Christmas playthrough... so just me then* :p

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Don't forget that you are talking to Mr. Long-Distance Relationship, here. Abstinence is my middle name. (or one of the 10)

So, I now have it. The Gold Wiimote is sweet as Jesus. I do think I'm doing the right thing by not playing it right away, as I'm knackered and just really don't have the time to sit down and enjoy this.

Christmas it is. I'll get the Mother to cook me some roast chicken and mince pies when I head over that way. Bliss.

Since very little people are using the other thread, I'll post it here.

Ok... I can't play it. Is anyone else having HUGE problems with

The flying??? I can't get past the initial wing ceremony, where you chase the yellow bird. Is it just me? It's unresponsive, the camera perspective is constantly looking down and I can't situate myself, and you're always dropping, I can't fly up... I've literally spent an entire hour trying to do this and can't do anything at all except wander cluelessly about at the bottom... what the fuck?????

=/

Since very little people are using the other thread, I'll post it here.

Ok... I can't play it. Is anyone else having HUGE problems with

The flying??? I can't get past the initial wing ceremony, where you chase the yellow bird. Is it just me? It's unresponsive, the camera perspective is constantly looking down and I can't situate myself, and you're always dropping, I can't fly up... I've literally spent an entire hour trying to do this and can't do anything at all except wander cluelessly about at the bottom... what the fuck?????

=/

Took me a while to get the hang of this too. Shake the wii remote "up" seems to work best for flapping. I find it best to get pretty high then dive bomb at the lead bird using A when close enough and then keep tapping A to "grab" the prize. Hope this helps.

I'm a dab hand at the flying now. It's all very Mario Galaxy.

Nintendo have done a bang up job with the story telling and characters. The scenes with Zelda and Link are amazing, very well done.
Indeed. But I was actually really blown away by...