NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Well have decided to not play it until my coursework is done this evening, the gold wii remote looks gorgeous though :) Will it be better to play it on a 46" HD TV with component or on a 32" CRT with RGB Scart? Worried it might be too blurry on the HD TV, I remember games like Galaxy looking better on the CRT.

161120111031.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

161120111038.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know this is the spoiler free thread. But I just had to share this one.

Link dies in this game...

When you run out of hearts

if this is really true i hope you suffer the same fate ;)

I don't see how any game that gets a 10 from Edge can get a 7.5 from... anywhere.

I still don't understand where Edge suddenly got this reputation from. They've also had some oddly low review scores.

Whats the point in being given a tracking number if you can't actually track the package until after it's been delivered?

I'm fairly sure once it has been delivered I wont need to try and find out where it is...

Whats the point in being given a tracking number if you can't actually track the package until after it's been delivered?

I'm guessing you're talking about Royal Mail Recorded.

It's essentially proof of postage. More beneficial to the seller than the buyer.

Although I don't agree with the 7.5, the aiming controls ARE a bit of a mess. The IR aiming that we've had on the Wii so far have been perfect, but using the gyroscope moves the cursor too slowly for my liking, and I have to recalibrate with a tap down on the d-pad almost every time I use them.

Who the hell are gamespot ? ive never considerd them or their review scores. Pathetic stunt to try and get people to vist their awful site.

anyone get copy in the post today? looks like thursday it is then :(

Although I don't agree with the 7.5, the aiming controls ARE a bit of a mess. The IR aiming that we've had on the Wii so far have been perfect, but using the gyroscope moves the cursor too slowly for my liking, and I have to recalibrate with a tap down on the d-pad almost every time I use them.

Must admit I'm not sure why decided to ditch IR aiming when that seems perfect for this type of game, it worked perfectly in TP

It's Wednesday. Surprise.

: D This thread totally messes with your time perception, I'm in a weird pseudo-Thursday mode as well...

I got an email a while ago from amazon saying I'd have to upgrade from the free shipping to get my game at launch, I didn't bother so I probably wont get it until next week.

As for Gamespot, it's just one person's opinion against the probably hundreds of reviewers who seem to be really enjoying it so far, so I'm not worried.

Hahahaha, god damn I love Gamespot. The outcry from fans after TP's 8.8 was bloody hilarious and now people are going mad yet again over a 7.5!

For those complaining about the score, it's all personal opinion so don't take it too seriously. Heck, don't take any review seriously at all that does scores things by numbers. The amount of times I see people go from "OMG 10/10 GOTYAY" to "Low score? Obviously bought out. Reviews are shit" is nothing short of hilarious. Just look at the Nintendo crowds 180 degree change towards IGN after their Skyward Sword review, it just makes the Zelda fanbase look fickle.

Don't join in with the 'complaining about numbers' game. You know you're going to have fun playing it no matter how positive or negative reviews are, so why pay attention to them?

I still don't understand where Edge suddenly got this reputation from. They've also had some oddly low review scores.

It's not sudden, they've always been well known to have a much more logical review scale, where 5 is average, 6 is good, 7 is must-have etc.. So a 10 is a big deal.

Hahahaha, god damn I love Gamespot. The outcry from fans after TP's 8.8 was bloody hilarious and now people are going mad yet again over a 7.5!

For those complaining about the score, it's all personal opinion so don't take it too seriously. Heck, don't take any review seriously at all that does scores things by numbers. The amount of times I see people go from "OMG 10/10 GOTYAY" to "Low score? Obviously bought out. Reviews are shit" is nothing short of hilarious. Just look at the Nintendo crowds 180 degree change towards IGN after their Skyward Sword review, it just makes the Zelda fanbase look fickle.

Don't join in with the 'complaining about numbers' game. You know you're going to have fun playing it no matter how positive or negative reviews are, so why pay attention to them?

With this, it isn't the review score I have an issue with. It's the fact that they clearly didn't play it right. They imply waggle is used and he complained that the IR stuff wasn't responsive when there was no IR stuff

At the end of the day the same dumb people put huge importance on Metacritic, and stuff like Edge, IGN or Shitaku's opinions. If it causes the people moaning some grief, then I am happier for it as they sure seem to love coming back for more.

I'll make my own mind up when I get the game. I hated Twilight Princess but loved Wind Waker and of course Ocarina.

Edited by Choze

With this, it isn't the review score I have an issue with. It's the fact that they clearly didn't play it right. They imply waggle is used and he complained that the IR stuff wasn't responsive when there was no IR stuff

Waggle is used. The first strike on opponents has to be specific to get through their defense but once they are vulnerable, you can just shake the wiimote any old way.

Just put my order through amazon. Was tempted to go see if Gamestation were doing a midnight launch but i've realised i have a LOT of work to get through over the next few days. Fml.

Edited by Goron_3

*stares at the 'Not yet dispatched' text, hoping it'll disappear*

=(

You and me both. Stupid Amazon doesn't seem to care about how hyped up we are. :sad:

I guess that's what I get for going with the cheapest shipping option.

My copy arrived from Tesco too!

Dispatched at half past midnight, and I've just got home and it is here!

So excited, it has been too long Zelda!

I'm really regretting not paying more for shopto. I called Sainsburys and the guy seemed to think they'd come in tomorrow and go out the same day, but he was hardly sure.

Tbh, if it doesnt show up Friday, I think I'll go to Tesco on the way home :p

I just got my game too. Haven't played it yet, decided to listen to the music sampler first. I have the week off from school also, so what a great timing for Zelda to appear!