NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

The postman never carries around large boxes though... dvd boxes yes, but not bulky ones. Royal Mail van surely.

Possibly. Doesn't help me as our regular post is delivered via van anyway (It's a business address) and we've had a few large parcels.

Its more of a collection thing for me. I'm not going to use it my first time through.

Mine just arrived - I'll be busting this bad boy open at about 8pm when I'll be able to indulge in it untethered. I've got my evening planned.

Where did you order from?

I really want to know soon if there is no chance, its a lush sunny day here i dont want to be stuck in all afternoon for no reason.

Me and @Fierce_LiNk will have to start our own thread! :D

*though I think he's planning on a Christmas playthrough... so just me then* :p

Hehe, I might just join you guys... : D I mean, Skyrim is tempting me pretty badly now, so chances are I buy that tomorrow and get Zelda for Christmas or smth. For me, Zeldas have always been Christmas games anyway! Also, would be much wiser financially, and my mom would finally have something to buy for me! ; D

Well, I guess we'll see tomorrow when I walk into my local Gamestop...Zelda or Skyrim? Yes, some serious time will be spent on oogling at the covers... xS

*obviously the collectors edition won't be in the regular post*

Mine came with the normal post...

:heh:

which company did you order with tho? as shopto would have gone out in a recorded delivery shipment

which company did you order with tho? as shopto would have gone out in a recorded delivery shipment

Recorded delivery is with normal post. Plus, you have to select the option yourself (but as recorded isn't helpful to the buyer, I didn't bother).

So much drama about pre-orders arriving!! :P

Yeah imagine that, people wanting the game. Selfish pricks.

Post arrived but I've not got Skyward Sword either. I'm hoping it will come separately but I never get any luck with pre-orders.

Had a couple of false alarms, stupid other delivery services. No post yet, so still waiting. Should be getting the collectors guide as well. *hates waiting*

* Goes Back to Mario Land*

Did you order from ShopTo? If so, when was it dispatched?

Shopto will get you the game by tomorrow, I'm sure of it. I haven't ordered with them this time, but they've never let me down in the past.

Also, sometimes larger parcels do come in the afternoon with Royal Mail.

Question guys and gals. I was at work when mine came, got home to a collection slip. Why the shit does it say 24 hours before collection!?! Surely I can just go down at 4ish and pick it up. Where the hell else is it going to be?

Other people who bought from shopto got theirs in the post at 9.30 i read on ONM forums.

Hope is all but lost :(

Edited by yesteryeargames

I have no doubt that ShopTo will get me Skyward Sword by tomorrow... I just wanted it today :( lol it never happens to me though

Question guys and gals. I was at work when mine came, got home to a collection slip. Why the shit does it say 24 hours before collection!?! Surely I can just go down at 4ish and pick it up. Where the hell else is it going to be?

Awww I hate them ones bro. Where I live is like a concrete jungle of flats (although they're all used as normal houses) so the 2 times that that's happened to me I went out in my slip-slops and morning get-up and hunted down the cunt with the 'you were out' slip :hehe:

Yeah I don't get the waiting 24-48 hours, if you're in the mood then you could try going in but I'm a lazy bastard and just fatigue Royal Mail by re-delivery :santa:

Edit - Not with Zelda!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN THERE ASAP!!!!

Edited by Beverage

This is my first post in probably years, but the Zelda postman anxiety drove me back here looking for solace. The postman hasn't come yet and I'm tearing my hair out waiting, the Wii is on and ready. I also ordered with shopto.net and got the "dispatched with first class royal mail" email yesterday morning. Good luck to everyone else still hanging around the letterbox.

Awww I hate them ones bro. Where I live is like a concrete jungle of flats (although they're all used as normal houses) so the 2 times that that's happened to me I went out in my slip-slops and morning get-up and hunted down the cunt with the 'you were out' slip :hehe:

Yeah I don't get the waiting 24-48 hours, if you're in the mood then you could try going in but I'm a lazy bastard and just fatigue Royal Mail by re-delivery :santa:

Edit - Not with Zelda!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN THERE ASAP!!!!

That's the thing i've never had an issue with just collecting it at the end of the day. Usually it says wait 8 hours. Not frigging 24! I'm going to try my luck after work anyways.

Remember the good old days when the post came in time for you to read it while eating breakfast before school/work

I'm getting old :(

I don't use GAME. Yes, i know it sounds iffy with the fact that Skyward Sword was ordered with themselves. I had ordered a batch of games with GAME (including Skyward Sword), but they cancelled all my X-360 orders after Gears 3. Couldn't cancel any orders, so left the orders there. All cancellation emails came through as expected, except for Skyward Sword. Which came through as accepted payment.

Which caused me to go nuts and express choice words to GAME's customer service department. Who blamed my bank for the payment not being issued, and the bank blamed GAME. Because like flameboy, they said they authorised the payments but GAME decided to not take payment. I think they didn't want to sell me the game at the reduced price THEY set.

I bank with HSBC. Have done for many years and had no problems with them. They've been great with service, explained everything to me and all that.

Well I bank with Natwest and had exact same problems as you. I had it on my Super Mario Galaxy 2 preorder amongst other things.

Postman has been and no zelda, there is a slim chance it may come in a van

if not im never using shopto again in my life.

this fail and mario not shipping until the 2nd december = fail bigtime for me :(

Really seriously? it's thursday?! They don't promise to get the game to you a day earlier they promise to get it to you for release...the extra day early is a added bonus.

EDIT

Also the issue with parcels (if you ordered limited edition) they either don't fit in the bag. OR also if Royal Mail have hit their quota for number of parcels out there for delivery they won't deliver them....that's why on occasion you will get a delivery notice to say they tried to deliver and you weren't in even though you were and they didn't knock or ring doorbell they just bundle it with regular envelopes.

Edited by flameboy

Really seriously? it's thursday?! They don't promise to get the game to you a day earlier they promise to get it to you for release...the extra day early is a added bonus.
Exactly.

People are over reacting/have been spoilt in the past.

Exactly.

People are over reacting/have been spoilt in the past.

It's the reason people pre-order online though. If it was guaranteed for release day or later, with post as it is, people would just not bother and go down the shops and get it earlier