N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

darksnowman

Looks sublime!

Who else could fit amongst them?

I would love to see a Castlevania representative, would fit nicely in terms of style with the Fire Emblem characters.

Stylewise, I would say Pacman and Bomberman.

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Rayman would also fit in.

Personally I wouldn't want any of them, because then it wouldn't feel Nintendo enough anymore...

Waluigi, Toad or Birdo would be cool, but would create a Mario Universe overkill maybe...

I don't really want any more third party characters.

The thing about Sonic and this version of Mega Man is that they fit in. You look at them and you look at them in Smash, and it just meshes perfectly.

Others like Castlevania characters, Snake etc. just don't fit into the game in my view.

Even though he was my favourite character I also agree that Snake didn't fit, and I doubt that he would return in the next game.

Mega Man on the other hand has a long history with Nintendo and the design that they chose for him in this game represents that. He looks amazing.

Sonic too has been appearing on Nintendo platforms for years, Hell he's practically part of the family now!

I don't really want any more third party characters.

The thing about Sonic and this version of Mega Man is that they fit in. You look at them and you look at them in Smash, and it just meshes perfectly.

Others like Castlevania characters, Snake etc. just don't fit into the game in my view.

I look at this differently.

If you look at the Brawl roster (excluding Snake for your sake) you're still looking at an effort by Sakurai and his team to make less blendable characters blend in to a more uniform and colourful NINTENDO style.

This can obviously only go so far, because some characters are clearly well proportioned and have a more realistic undertone to them than others.

art-008.jpg

005.jpg

TWIPRIN-001.jpg

This is exactly the beauty of Smash to me, just bring all sorts of characters into the mix, but give 'em a hint of that Sakurai and Co. magic to make them fit in just a tad.

Like I said, Simon Belmont could just as well have been a Fire Emblem character. Heck, Simon has had so many looks that they could mix styles (like they did with Captain Falcon) in order to make him fit in a little.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSav58NuajafA2zquk6VAMERu6YddI3TP_o33fs2CSWqDQ2yICybA

(I doubt he'll get in though)

So, to sum up, Smash has always been a clash of artstyles with minor changes to them to make them match a little, but of course (Zero Suit) Samus is not in the same league as Pikachu. But that's what I like so much about this franchise: getting characters out of their comfort-zone and letting them interact with one another.

I mean, just look at this:

hqdefault.jpg225px-Samus_and_Pikachu_Subspace_Emissary.png

Characters that don't really match eachother in terms of artstyle are bonding :D

So dissapointed stuff like this isn't coming back because Sakurai doesn't understand the fact that people have something called restraint.

So we can talk about what characters match with eachother when taking artstyle into account (and this is where I think 3D Rayman and Bomberman would be a prefect fit amongst some of NINTENDO's greatest), but let's not discard the fact that more realistic looking characters could add something to Smash, for in fact they already have.

I must admit though, Solid Snake was probably the only character who came from a franchise which was going for realism, and thus I can understand that he felt somewhat off. Throwing Gabriel Belmont from Lords of Shadows into Smash withouth altering him drastically would surely evoke the same reaction.

----

One more thing on the topic of 3rd party characters in Smash:

MOAR PLEASE :D

Of course the franchise is about NINTENDO and its history, but I'd say a good handful wouldn't hurt.

Ironically enough though, because it is about NINTENDO and its history, obviously little 3rd party characters could be included :laughing:

In spite of recent events, I'd say that certainly Rayman and Professor Layton should make the cut!

Edited by Fused King

I think there's enough 3rd party characters with those two, but I can't help but think Pacman might make an appearance. NAMCO are gonna push Pacman hard (apparently) with the release of his new game (that bland platformer) and I swear they said something about a cartoon or series. With Namco co-developing I can only imagine they'd want to include him.

I think it would be hilarious if Nintendo got permission to use Crash.

Crash hasn't actually been owned by Sony or Naughty Dog since 2000. All Crash games since then have been multi-platform. Now he's owned by Activision, so I don't see anything wrong with doing so.

When it comes to third party characters, let me reiterate: Commander Shepard (Fem and Male)

Crash hasn't actually been owned by Sony or Naughty Dog since 2000. All Crash games since then have been multi-platform. Now he's owned by Activision, so I don't see anything wrong with doing so.

When it comes to third party characters, let me reiterate: Commander Shepard (Fem and Male)

It's because Sony couldn't get Crash for their version of smash bros, so it'd be a funny in a sticking it to the competition kind of way.