N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

darksnowman

Todays picture of the day

muY5bF1.jpg

The visuals in this game look fantastic, but I reckon there's something extra impressive about the Villager's appearance in HD. :cool:

Can't quite work out why, but to me he almost looks like a real-life figurine. icon14.gif

It could just be because I'm so used to seeing lo-res visual villager in the AC games though. :heh:

I hope Link is better in this game, he was practically unusable for me in Brawl.

Link is very useful against movespamming noobs playing Kirby or Pikachu.

I'm still playing Smash Brawl everyday at the office during lunchbreaks.

Game & Watch, Lucas or DeeDeeDee are my mains while back when it just launched I mained Pit or Kirby.

Strange how that changed...

My mains were MetaKnight (got bored and too many people used him) & Ike at the start. Then it changed to Snake but I use quite a few characters including PT, Wario, Falco, Captain Falcon and Toon Link.

I haven't played this in a while. Wii finally broke and so too did my Brawl disc a few months ago. Time to buy another.

NintendoWorldReport: "One more question here. Sonic was very popular in Smash Bros. for Wii. Is there any possibility of him making a return appearance in the next Smash Bros.?"

Takashi Iizuka: "All we can say is that we also think it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros. So yea, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us."

Edited by -Dem0-

This comes from an interview on Gamespot. I've pasted the interview and italiced the quotes so as to avoid anybody else needing to give them any traffic. I trust nobody has a problem with this.

This is why I think Sakurai's so good and makes great games. I have no worries for the Smash series, though I will personally miss tripping myself - I like that random element of messing up. As long as it has random character selection again too, I'll be all over it right from the beginning.

Always hated tripping. It's just bad game feel when the character doesn't do what you want them to do for no reason, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Randomness is good and all, but only as long as you can react to it.

Sakurai seems to be wanting to turn 'shot of character in mid-air jump' into some sort of meme.

I won't miss tripping, but I didn't get why people actively hated it. It's a party game, ffs. Maybe it's related to finding the hardcore Smash community really... really creepy.

Sakurai seems to be wanting to turn 'shot of character in mid-air jump' into some sort of meme.

I won't miss tripping, but I didn't get why people actively hated it. It's a party game, ffs. Maybe it's related to finding the hardcore Smash community really... really creepy.

Yeah, was going to post he seems to do a lot of aerial shots. More dramatic?

Competitive players ruining everything. No one complains about tripping in Animal Crossing. :p

I didn't mind it, adds to the randomness. Won't really miss it either though.

I just think tripping's great because you think you've got this awesome thing lined up and then...you faceplant. Proper lols. Especially if you're mocking someone that you're about to destroy only...you tripped on the way. It's a mild reflection of reality too mind, nothing's always perfect. I think it just fits really well into a game like smash.

Well, all I do in Smash is play some casual matches with a friend. We randomise everything, add 2 CPUs and duke it out to see who wins more often with the setups we're given (only eliminating what is unfun, like Healing items, New Pork City or 75m).

So many times has the winner been decided by an untimely trip. Just drains all the fun from an otherwise exciting match.

We can control everything that's random except that. It's like back in Melee, where crates and capsules would always exist, and made Pokéball matches impossible, but that was only bothersome in a specific circumstance, not all the time.

So yeah, I hate it because it ruins perfectly good, casual smash sessions.

Tripping was a bit of ol' fun, but I've heard of people who'd miss out on money in tournaments because of that stuff.

Sakurai should give people the OPTIONS to add or take away stuff, that way the competitive great can have their cake and we can have ours :D